LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

repurcussions from the niners 6-4 start

Shop Find 49ers gear online
obviously alot can change between now and the end of the season ..but today i could see a couple of repurcussions from the niners disappointing season so far

1---it looked like cinch niners would try to resign boldin after his 13 catch 200yard+ opener---now i think they will use that money to fill other needs

2----also, iupati's price has gone down alot---his play hasnt been as good and he is a guard, not left tackle or playmaker
[ Edited by hofer36 on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM ]
  • thl408
Kap is cheaper now than if he had fulfilled preseason expectations.
iupatis price hasnt gone down at all. the price starts at what levtire got from the titans.
1. I think Boldin should be brought back if we can get him at a reasonable price. He shouldn't be offered anywhere near his current salary. Still a quality player that can help you win, but without an outside speed threat to pair with, his deficiencies are really exposed. I still see him as a lethal slot receiver, but it's a big problem when your #1 receiver has trouble gaining separation outside the hashmarks. He simply cannot win consistently against man coverage on the outside.

2. Iupati has been banged up, and it's really effected his play. He's never been that great in pass pro, but this year it's become a glaring problem. He's a key member on the line and one of the better guards in the league. His style is perfect for our offense, but again, it has to be for the right price. If he hit's FA, I think we lose him. All it takes is one team desperate for o-line help that will pay whatever it takes to get him.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:39 PM ]
Marcus Lattimore's stock has gone up for sure.
Iupati' has been playing injured all season

Snyder was to blame for that sack on our last drive
Boldin will take a team friendly deal or walk. His value isn't awesome.

Iupati will get what he wants in FA. Brown probably won't.

Crabtree atm is rolling in money right now. That could change though depending on how effective he is to finish the season.

If the offense still stinks then all bets are off for everybody.

Miller should get a good deal too. Cully prob get a nice little extension too as we're shallow at DB.
Originally posted by AUniner:

Crabtree atm is rolling in money right now. That could change though depending on how effective he is to finish the season.

Miller should get a good deal too. Cully prob get a nice little extension too as we're shallow at DB.

so he'll walk then. we're talking about the same guy who wouldnt re-structure his contract on the super bowl champs and basically said he'd retire before trimming salary. their move was to trade him and he was shocked by it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
the reality that for whatever reason we can not game plan against good teams or beat good teams this year
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
The websters dictionary is weeping because of heinous spelling

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by AUniner:

so he'll walk then. we're talking about the same guy who wouldnt re-structure his contract on the super bowl champs and basically said he'd retire before trimming salary. their move was to trade him and he was shocked by it.

Yeah looks that way if history is the best measure for predicting the future. Giving him a big dollar deal will do us very few favors.
Don't forget, Aldon Smith might take a team friendly extension due to the team and organization sticking by him and supporting him thru his low times. Or I hope he will.
Pessimism be damned. I say they have 6 weeks to integrate Crabtree into the mix, beat up on softer teams (minus Seattle), make the playoffs at 11-5 and get a rematch with New Orleans where we win. End Thread.
Andre Johnson is on line one...
Originally posted by highwayone:
Pessimism be damned. I say they have 6 weeks to integrate Crabtree into the mix, beat up on softer teams (minus Seattle), make the playoffs at 11-5 and get a rematch with New Orleans where we win. End Thread.

Nice
Share 49ersWebzone