There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How's Tank & Dial doing?

Originally posted by xcfan:
i fear that tank didn't rehab his knee properly early on, and that it is just not right. might need repair work on it

What makes you say that? Got any facts to back it up?
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
I have high hopes for Tank too, but I think you're underselling Ray McDonald. He gets overshadowed by all of the other stars on this defense, but he is easily one of the best at his position. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more underrated.

McDonald was awesome in 2011, but he hasn't been that great the past 2 years. He did beast out in the playoffs this year though.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I totally agree not to play them in close games like Panthers and Saints.

However, if we are up in points I can't see them not getting some playing time.

NOBODY gets better w/out playing in a real game.

Was that really us this year? No. Some games opened up for us ...in the last 5 minutes.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
What makes you say that? Got any facts to back it up?

just that he's trying to practice in november and his knee isn't right. that is contrary to what should be happening.
Originally posted by NinerLegend:
I cannot wait to see Tank in there after having a full training camp. I think he has the talent and physical attributes to be the starter for next season and be much better than Mcdonald. He could add a new layer to our pass rush.

I have high hopes for Tank too, but I think you're underselling Ray McDonald. He gets overshadowed by all of the other stars on this defense, but he is easily one of the best at his position. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more underrated.

Yeah, he played pretty well for a guy with a biceps tear this year. Still, Tank's tape is insane, the guy truly looks like a monster on the field.
Originally posted by Wewillwin:
Originally posted by NinerLegend:
I cannot wait to see Tank in there after having a full training camp. I think he has the talent and physical attributes to be the starter for next season and be much better than Mcdonald. He could add a new layer to our pass rush.

Yeah, he played pretty well for a guy with a biceps tear this year. Still, Tank's tape is insane, the guy truly looks like a monster on the field.

He will help out next year on the line. Seems like TB can draft two things well corners and Dline. Plus we develop well in these areas. Bottom line is our line needs serious attention.
There was more substituting along the D-line in 2013 than the previous two years combined. I think you will see Dial and Tank get their shot and I think they will produce. Lemonier will have a breakthrough in 2014. Add a healthy Willams to the mix and the unit will come in waves.