There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How's Tank & Dial doing?

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I just shook my head last night during the game when I heard ".... and Rivera puts in two fresh defensive tackles...." I truly think the starting D players are already burned out.

I said this about a year ago about our poor exhausted Justin & Ray Mac. I was clamoring for DE Kendall Reyes in the 12' draft instead of that AJJ wimp and if Kendall was gone then I wanted WR Alshon Jeffrey. Guess what, both of my 1st round wants woulda been HUGE additions to the 49ers. I thin Baalke is WAYYY overrated. Not sayin but just sayin.

As for our de line, This tank thing scares me, its been around 1 year after his ACL surgery and he's yet to play at a position of need?? Same thing happened with Jenkins. Shoulda drafted Jon Jenkins from GA at NT/DE.

attach this post to your resume and send it to jed, you'll get at least 1 interview
Originally posted by crabman82:
I just shook my head last night during the game when I heard ".... and Rivera puts in two fresh defensive tackles...." I truly think the starting D players are already burned out.

I said this about a year ago about our poor exhausted Justin & Ray Mac. I was clamoring for DE Kendall Reyes in the 12' draft instead of that AJJ wimp and if Kendall was gone then I wanted WR Alshon Jeffrey. Guess what, both of my 1st round wants woulda been HUGE additions to the 49ers. I thin Baalke is WAYYY overrated. Not sayin but just sayin.

As for our de line, This tank thing scares me, its been around 1 year after his ACL surgery and he's yet to play at a position of need?? Same thing happened with Jenkins. Shoulda drafted Jon Jenkins from GA at NT/DE.

attach this post to your resume and send it to jed, you'll get at least 1 interview

Our staff is full of idiots who pound players to the ground and don't play their high pick rookies. It's f**king retarded how we run our starting dt's to the ground. I swear this staff has had me heated all damn year
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Our staff is full of idiots who pound players to the ground and don't play their high pick rookies. It's f**king retarded how we run our starting dt's to the ground. I swear this staff has had me heated all damn year

Yeah but great Dlinemen stay on the field.

J Smith is done.

McD and others have fought hard.

After that we have ... incredible rehab

Still .. the 9ers D is not the problem.

They are playing very well, kept the Saints juggernaut to 17 points (key figure) all game till the end.

NOT concerned about the D.

This, looking back, adding Kendall Reyes would have been the smarter move....and then NOT trading away a 3rd rounder so Indy could take Hilton.
I hope to see Carradine active this Sunday, Dobbs and Jerod-Eddie are average at best, they need to get more impact from the DE position.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I hope to see Carradine active this Sunday, Dobbs and Jerod-Eddie are average at best, they need to get more impact from the DE position.

Yeah our defense that held the saints to less than 22 points is just horrible.

Without that bs call on Brooks were aren't having this "our d needs help" conversation.

Every team in every game on every Sunday/Monday/Thursday needs more impact from the DE position.

Seems to Steve Young and Ray Lewis our D did pretty good.
Our D is dynamite BUT they'll last longer, play better w/ an effective rotation.
fangio is the problem he just doesn't believe in using depth. he believes in having it and then putting them in with injury
but if he played them from the beginning chances are NOBODY would be getting injured smh
incredibly frustrating on his end. he needs to use all of his players to make the d even better.
i don't put any of it on the players or lack of ability.
it's him.
that's my only complaint with him. USE PEOPLE
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by crabman82:

For a staff that runs our D-line into the ground, our D-line killed it in the playoffs in both run support and pass protection. Yeah, Marshawn had a good day due to the 40-yarder he busted on us but our D-line was smacking Russell and held Marshawn down for the rest of the game. Same thing with the Packers (even through all the blatant holding) and the Panthers
Anybody know anything on Tank? I think this kid has J. Smith potential - he is an absolute monster on film. Obviously, he was coming back from an ACL and switching positions (I think they wanted him to put on like 20-30 lbs like they did w/J. Smith) but anybody have any new info on him. I'm stoked for this draft - 6 picks in the first round plus Lattimore & Tank (two potential 1st rounders due to injuries)
I cannot wait to see Tank in there after having a full training camp. I think he has the talent and physical attributes to be the starter for next season and be much better than Mcdonald. He could add a new layer to our pass rush.
Originally posted by Wewillwin:
For a staff that runs our D-line into the ground, our D-line killed it in the playoffs in both run support and pass protection. Yeah, Marshawn had a good day due to the 40-yarder he busted on us but our D-line was smacking Russell and held Marshawn down for the rest of the game. Same thing with the Packers (even through all the blatant holding) and the Panthers

Yup. If they get what they think they can get from Tank and Dial and they get Ian Williams back and they keep Tamsula on staff. D-Line still beasting in 2014.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i fear that tank didn't rehab his knee properly early on, and that it is just not right. might need repair work on it
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
i fear that tank didn't rehab his knee properly early on, and that it is just not right. might need repair work on it
Originally posted by NinerLegend:
I cannot wait to see Tank in there after having a full training camp. I think he has the talent and physical attributes to be the starter for next season and be much better than Mcdonald. He could add a new layer to our pass rush.

I have high hopes for Tank too, but I think you're underselling Ray McDonald. He gets overshadowed by all of the other stars on this defense, but he is easily one of the best at his position. You'd be hard pressed to find someone more underrated.