LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 369 users in the forums

How's Tank & Dial doing?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I'm not hearing anything about them during the game. Are they even playing? If so, they're not making an impact. Has anyone heard anything?
I ask because there's no push up the middle from the D-line. Brooks seems to be the only one getting pressure.
jerod-eddie and dobbs are currently hoarding the rotational snaps. to me its about fangio, they didnt get camp and he doesnt trust them yet.
Originally posted by crabman82:
jerod-eddie and dobbs are currently hoarding the rotational snaps. to me its about fangio, they didnt get camp and he doesnt trust them yet.

that i agree with. he is rigid when it comes to who plays and who doesn't

both of those guys have been doing the job though.

but tank and dial need to get in there and make an impact. it takes injuries for people to play instead of letting them play to gain experience and build rotations

my only complaint.
Fangio's job is to help win games so he will use the best he has available. His job, at this stage of the season, is not to train rookies. If injuries force his hand he will put the next body available into the game but until then he will use the best he has, which apparently are not Dial and Carradine.
Thing is, the big focus (as far as I remember) was to keep guys fresher this time around, especially on the DL. The expectation isn't that Tank and Dial should get major snaps in my opinion, but to at least be incorporated in the rotation rather than sitting on the bench given the injuries on the DL.

I'm tired of hearing that they're "not ready" or some other line, they'll have to learn in-game anyway....
Agreed, Dial played fine at NT and is even better suited for DE...obviously, so is Tank. McDonald is already worn down and injured as always, I'm sure Justin is too. But, the cycle repeats itself. Enjoy the bench rookies and hope for an injury.
I totally agree not to play them in close games like Panthers and Saints.

However, if we are up in points I can't see them not getting some playing time.

NOBODY gets better w/out playing in a real game.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

according to the fans david carr did.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Nov 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

we'll be up by more than a few points in several of our remaining games.
Quinton has taken some snaps already but I think because he's a rook and we're trying to put our best players out there (currently) he's seen limited snaps. Tank just got activated, so only time will tell with him.

I just shook my head last night during the game when I heard ".... and Rivera puts in two fresh defensive tackles...." I truly think the starting D players are already burned out.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Nov 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I just shook my head last night during the game when I heard ".... and Rivera puts in two fresh defensive tackles...."

guys are getting rotated in a lot more this season. before ray man got hurt tje and dobbs were getting lots of rotational snaps. dial and tanks issue are they rookies with no training camp. they need to be better than dobbs and tje before they get rotational snaps.
I just shook my head last night during the game when I heard ".... and Rivera puts in two fresh defensive tackles...." I truly think the starting D players are already burned out.

...ya think? LOL.
Problem is we can only have 46 f the 53 men active on gamedays. So it limits who plays. Usually, we keep 5 DL active, this week it was Justin, Dorsey, Dobbs, TJE and Dial, the week before, McDonald, and Dial inactive. Not many spots.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Nov 19, 2013 at 4:41 PM ]

I said this about a year ago about our poor exhausted Justin & Ray Mac. I was clamoring for DE Kendall Reyes in the 12' draft instead of that AJJ wimp and if Kendall was gone then I wanted WR Alshon Jeffrey. Guess what, both of my 1st round wants woulda been HUGE additions to the 49ers. I thin Baalke is WAYYY overrated. Not sayin but just sayin.

As for our de line, This tank thing scares me, its been around 1 year after his ACL surgery and he's yet to play at a position of need?? Same thing happened with Jenkins. Shoulda drafted Jon Jenkins from GA at NT/DE.
Share 49ersWebzone