There are 1,043 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh needs to clean house after this season

once we get our receivers back we'll be fine

Wonder why the Niners lost those two challenges and all those wasted timeouts during last week Saints game: this guy that's who!

Eric Mangini (from the Niners booth) telling Harbaugh: challenge the play... challenge the play we got this! lose a time out.
Eric Manigni ( from the Niners booth) telling Harbaugh: challenge the play... challenge the play i know I'm right! lose another time out.

Get Mangenius out of Santa Clara headquarter pronto! Or we going to keep seeing this from the sideline:

[ Edited by cris_sonic on Nov 20, 2013 at 4:58 PM ]
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
http://ninerchatter.blogspot.com/2013/11/is-roman-to-blame.html <<<<< this is a must read
Originally posted by MarkD:
http://ninerchatter.blogspot.com/2013/11/is-roman-to-blame.html

Nice read. Looks like they have shot the kids confidence by not allowing him to run & play his game & play it to safe all the time so now he isn't trusting himself or his receivers.
http://ninerchatter.blogspot.com/2013/11/is-roman-to-blame.html <<<<< this is a must read

Once again, the guy who put this together has no clue as to what the f**k he's talking about, he's illustrating several photos where the QB has already committed to his read, pointing out that another guy is open is pointless, being open matters when the QB looks your way, in one of those examples, they note that Boldin was open but Kaepernick threw it to VD, if you watch the play in real time, you'll see that Kaepernick looks Boldin's way, Boldin is covered, Kaepernick sees Vernon Davis and throws the pass to him, as Kaepernick is in the throwing motion, Boldin breaks free, so at that point is he "open?" No, not really.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Once again, the guy who put this together has no clue as to what the f**k he's talking about, he's illustrating several photos where the QB has already committed to his read, pointing out that another guy is open is pointless, being open matters when the QB looks your way, in one of those examples, they note that Boldin was open but Kaepernick threw it to VD, if you watch the play in real time, you'll see that Kaepernick looks Boldin's way, Boldin is covered, Kaepernick sees Vernon Davis and throws the pass to him, as Kaepernick is in the throwing motion, Boldin breaks free, so at that point is he "open?" No, not really.

You made one point and that is he doesn't trust his receivers. In the examples you gave he should have either thrown his receivers open or and anticipated and made the throw to a spot. Alex would do the same thing most of the time. When Crabtree gets back that will help. It won't fix everything but it will help. I think the bigger loss this last season was Walker. Walker's blocking in the run game specifically. Obviously we would play action off the run. If we can't run we can play off of it and so on. Point is there is no one fix and cleaning house and starting over isn't the answer. My point in posting that was to show that yes guys are getting open so we know it isn't so much Roman's offense or the lack of talent. Right now it is more Kap.
We need new WR coach ! Nuf said
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
once we get our receivers back we'll be fine

if we do not watch it , we will still be saying that with a glazed look on our eyes as we watch the playoffs from home on tv
Once Buster Douglas knocked out Mike Tyson, no one feared him anymore, it got into his head, and his dominance was over. Once Tiger Woods finally blew a lead on Sunday, most of his foes no longer feared him, it got into his head, and his dominance has been very shaky and tenuous. The Niners were feared in 2011 and most of 2012, but once Seattle kicked our tails late last year and then kicked our tails again early this year, no one feared us, and it got into our heads. Our dominance is gone. The Niners problems are mostly mental. They no longer have a killer instinct, the belief that they can overcome. I would never have thought we would have 2 games in 2 weeks that we couldn't finish. Our play calling is gutless.
It's a bit more than just cleaning house.

IMO, it's JH's offensive philosophy.

This is a passing league and we need to have both an effective running game and an effective passing game.

Our running game is damn good BUT as the Saints game proved, w/out a competent passing game we are one dimensional and VERY beatable.
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
I think the best way to judge a defense is to look at the point differential in the final score of games. We lost to Carolina by 1 point. We lost to the Saints by 3 points. These games have not been blowouts, but rather, they've been within reach and that is the minimum you should be expecting. Our offense on the other hand was not able to capitalize on the close match ups we've had and that's where the problem is, not the defense. If you recall Bree's' performances against other prior match ups leading into this game, Brees was on fire destroying other defenses. You can't ask a defense to do more against guys like Bree's, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, but you can ask your defense to keep you within reach and allow the offense to seal the deal.
point differential alone cannot be a serious indicator for the quality of a defense...

losing 43:40 indicates that the offense was good.
I dont know about cleaning house ??? ....we DO need to add a couple more weapons for the passing game , but Clean House? ....we are a long way from being a desperate team
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I dont know about cleaning house ??? ....we DO need to add a couple more weapons for the passing game , but Clean House? ....we are a long way from being a desperate team

What good is adding a couple of weapons if we have a WR coach that cannot develop receivers for s**t and abysmal, unimaginative passing schemes? I agree, maybe cleaning the house is a bit too extreme but we do need a better WR coach that can develop our receivers better and perhaps give a better insight for our passing game as well. Morton has to go.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This is a passing league and we need to have both an effective running game and an effective passing game.

Our running game is damn good BUT as the Saints game proved, w/out a competent passing game we are one dimensional and VERY beatable.

Nobody lasts in this league being one dimensional. You need a competent passing offense to survive in this league and we're severely lacking in this area (Roman, Kap, lack of WRs).

Even during our win streak when we were running the ball effortlessly, there was still no balance, the passing game was still lacking but many overlooked that because we were winning - but I knew once we faced superior competition (Panthers, Saints), our offense would be exposed.

Things must change and I hope this is a wakeup call to JH.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

What good is adding a couple of weapons if we have a WR coach that cannot develop receivers for s**t and abysmal, unimaginative passing schemes? I agree, maybe cleaning the house is a bit too extreme but we do need a better WR coach that can develop our receivers better and perhaps give a better insight for our passing game as well. Morton has to go.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Nobody lasts in this league being one dimensional. You need a competent passing offense to survive in this league and we're severely lacking in this area (Roman, Kap, lack of WRs).

Even during our win streak when we were running the ball effortlessly, there was still no balance, the passing game was still lacking but many overlooked that because we were winning - but I knew once we faced superior competition (Panthers, Saints), our offense would be exposed.

Things must change and I hope this is a wakeup call to JH.

I agree our offense currently lacks imagination ...but our lack of talent at WR is currently on display , our passing game will continue to sputter if our Receivers cant get open and win some one on one matchups , another viable weapon would go a long way in helping take some heat off Boldin and Davis, Crabs and Manningham need to contribute asap when we get them both back in the lineup ....Walker was another weapon that helped move the chains, his absence is obvious as a receiver and blocker ...but we need to whip our passing attack into shape, if not, our squad will be sitting at home watching the playoffs on TV with the rest of us
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I've been asleep since the day we hired Mike Singletary, just woke up today.

I see nothing's changed!

Okay Captain America!!

Just my sarcastic way of reminding everyone that before this group of coaches came to our team, we were a mess! These are the same guys that got us to 2 NFCCG's and a SB, before they got here we hadn't even sniffed the playoff's.

Finding coaches has been harder than finding players, look at 2003-2010.