Originally posted by MarkD:
I am still waiting for a thread where someone actually knows that we do run a west coast offense. I doubt it will happen because every negative thread I have seen states we need to get rid of Roman and hire someone who runs the WC offense. So this is a
MarkD, can you expand on that thought? I see traces of WCO here and there, but it is not the foundation of this offense, in my observation. Things I see with the 49ers that are not WCO:
- keeping RBs in to block in order to beat the blitz, instead of more route runners
- throws to WRs that are at a standstill instead of on the move
- very few passes to the RBs. I do not count the designed rollout passes to Miller.
- few short range passes to the TEs
- no intermediate crossing routes