LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 436 users in the forums

Harbaugh needs to clean house after this season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
im considering everyone with less than a 1000 posts a seahawks fan.

Lifelong Niner fan here who just retired and has a lot more time to watch the team and be disappointed. Consider me what you will, but don't be an ostrich and bury your head in the sand. Harbaugh needs to fix Kaepernick, or fix his play calling and game plans, or get a new QB. This ain't working, and the stats prove that. There is a book on Kaepernick, and it's working. Harbaugh's job description is to rewrite that book, and he ain't doing it.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Clean house is a bit severe. He needs to make some adjustments, for sure. The passing offense is unacceptable.

Don't be shocked if nothing changes.

I won't be. I know Harbaugh is loyal to his fellow coaches. As much as people hate Roman, they need to realize him and Harbaugh have the same offensive philosophy. They see eye-to-eye on most things, and need to work together to fix this. The adjustments I want to see has more to do with schematics, not so much with a coaching overhaul.

you will be disappointed Romlan needs to go along with Morton and Geep....we need a west coast OC not a High school OC.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
What I can't stand is how we try to be "too cute" before the snap.. I often see all the different movements by TEs, FBs, or WRs, and the opposing D is not even paying attention to them.. That's because we eventually are gonna end up on a dumb pistol formation that we can't run.. and often, just slows us down..

I dont undrestand why we can not just simply pound the ball over and over and over then hit Vernon Davis on that seam route over the middle.. Why is it that Russell from Seattle is able to hit 8 different targets game in and game out.. ???
I remember last year people showed some stats that Fangio regressed every year he was with an organization. Looks to be the same here. and he all know about Greg Roman
Originally posted by 9moon:
What I can't stand is how we try to be "too cute" before the snap.. I often see all the different movements by TEs, FBs, or WRs, and the opposing D is not even paying attention to them.. That's because we eventually are gonna end up on a dumb pistol formation that we can't run.. and often, just slows us down..

I dont undrestand why we can not just simply pound the ball over and over and over then hit Vernon Davis on that seam route over the middle.. Why is it that Russell from Seattle is able to hit 8 different targets game in and game out.. ???

theyre doing that to get the other team to tip off what their defense is gonna be because kap isnt good at reading defenses yet
Originally posted by 9moon:

Its college level type s**t, it worked in 2011 when teams weren't prepared for it, just as the read option worked last season, but now it seems like they are just throwing spaghetti at the wall and can't figure out any sort of cohesive, offensive strategy once the gimmicks stopped working.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
theyre doing that to get the other team to tip off what their defense is gonna be because kap isnt good at reading defenses yet

Its irrelevant because teams are now countering by disguising their looks until right before the snap when the 49ers don't have any time to adjust. Also it doesn't help that they consistently snap the ball with 1 or less seconds on the playclock, thus the defense can pin their ears back and jump the gun without worrying about the snap count.

I think instead of all this nonsense that is resulting in delayed snaps and hurrying to get the play off, call the play early, let them get up to the line, let Kaepernick survey the defense, if an audible is needed fine, but its really the only way he'll learn to read defenses rather than relying on this gimmick/cheat bs.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 19, 2013 at 11:56 PM ]
im sure its not hit idea dude. the coaches are the ones f**king up his development with that s**t
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
It's embarrassing the amount of wasted T.O. are used because we can't get the play in on time.
Originally posted by mayo49:
It's embarrassing the amount of wasted T.O. are used because we can't get the play in on time.

This.
Its been 3 years now and absolutely no improvement on that part. SMFH!

Ban him for saying we should have rob Ryan as our DC
We should clean house on the offensive side of the ball only. It seems like the o-line regressed a little bit and Roman is way too conservative in his play-calling...I do understand that you throw a plan away after three failed calls but sometimes you should risk things. What about Hunter or LMJ? last season they showed that they can play football and this season all of these facts are gone?
Vance McDonald cant catch any balls?

c'mon maaaaaaaaaan?

Sometimes it reminds me of the era Singletary. run up the gut...
[ Edited by communist on Nov 20, 2013 at 5:37 AM ]
I hope John Harbaugh has called Jim and reminded him of how the Ravens changed their entire season last year by having the guts to replace the OC during the year. They were dead in the water and then suddenly turned it around. I would be in favor of that at this point.
The original post noting that we needed a muffed punt return and a touchback on an INT that should have been a TD is true. The Brooks penalty was not the deciding factor in that game.

The defense in general has regressed, but thats due to Aldon SMith either being out, or back part time. He is a difference maker on the field. I am happy with the rest of the defence so far. Brooks i would say has been our best player actually.

Offensively, we clearly are lost. Kaep is effective when the threat of the run is there. Well when no WRs except Boldin can do anytthing the defence can prevent Kaep running, and then we go 3 and out. The 1st down runs into the middle of the pile for 1 yd everytime reminds me of the Singletary era as well.

My biggest problem is it seems every snap we are battling the clock due to all the motion and crap before the snap. Thre are so many times where the refs could call delay of game on us. Snap the damn ball!!
WE WANT CARR! WE WANT CARR! WE WANT CARR!
Share 49ersWebzone