There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh needs to clean house after this season

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
stop it.

the defense is fine. did you see what the saints did to the coybows last week and what they couldn't do against us?

lol

don't say a word about the defense. the defense held the panthers to 10 points

and the saints to really 20 but we'll call it 23

drew brees had 1 td pass and 1int

you're supposed to win games like that

russel wilson had 150 yards passing 1td 1int you're supposed to win games when that happens

luck had 150 yards and no td passes you're supposed to win when that happens

he needs to clean house offensively NOW

not wait until this season is over

do it
now.

I agree about the defense. But the offense has enough talent to score. Harbaugh just need to find someone who knows how to use Kaep and be creative to use his weapons. Playcalling sucks, game awareness sucks and halftime adjustment, is close to non-existent.
The defense played ok...very good at times, but when it counted most, they couldn't stop Brees. They couldn't even get close to him...why not? Defensive rankings are one thing...when the game's on the line and they can't make the plays, that's another. But, that's only part of the problem. ST's gave up the 82 yd KO return and Osgood's bonehead play. Offense was pretty predictable...no screens, draws or quick passes to the RB (save the one Gore dropped) to slow down the Saints' pass rush. Kap made some good throws, but also some bad ones. His receivers outside of Boldin didn't do a lot to help him. Yes, Vernon had the TD catch, but not a lot else. One thing I've noticed is our receivers typically don't come back toward the QB to get the ball...the Saints' receivers did. That goes back to the coaching...it's something just about all the good teams do. It really helps out your QB and keeps drives alive. Why not go back to some more read-option...it helps keep defenses honest and seems to fire up the offense. Mix things up...target McDonald, Baldwin and some others who don't see many passes come their way. The only way they can contribute to the passing game is to get opportunities to make plays. The catch Baldwin made in the end zone was a beaut...unfortunately he juggled the ball when he hit the ground. Roman just has to quit being so predictable...and Harbaugh has to insist on it.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by denali22:
I'm sorry but what REALLY gets me is where does all this praise come for fangio and roman? What the hell is roman exactly doing that's making him look so good? What, different running formations that "confuse" the opposition? I've even heard that roman controls the runs, and Johnnie Morton controls the pass plays. If so, that could the the problem as well. Fire ALL of them. How is it that a saints defense which was TERRIBLE last season, is looking like some top 5 defense against us?

COACHING

If rob Ryan had our defense, can you just think of such atrocities our linebackers would have? What is this "rush-four-but-still-cant-cover-3-recievers" logic? Why is it that when they rush SEVEN at us, we STILL cant throw it down the field?

Harbaugh needs to consider the future of this team. I know he brought in "his guys" but the season speaks for itself. "His guys" aren't getting the job done anymore. I'm sure its in the back of his mind somewhere, and Jed must be down right embarrassed with the way our offense looks.

Who gives a rats ass about that Brooks penalty. We needed a muffed punt, a cornerback to fumble in the end zone to even HOPE to win that game. I usually blame Kaep all the time (don't get me wrong, he still is a piece of the problem) but the play calling is atrocious. Our defense has all these damn all-pro players, and we cant even sack a damn QB.

I swear if Kaep gets some ludicrous contract, I don't know if I can watch this team anymore.
Have you been paying attention to Jim Harbaugh at all? Yeah, I'd agree, you can't criticize the defense.

The Seahawks game was 5-0 at halftime and 12-3 well into the 2nd half before the offensive miscues and turnovers proved to be too much.

The Colts game was still close into the 4th quarter when the defense finally gave in while the offense stagnated.

They held the Panthers to 10 points and contained Newton (no TD's rushing or passing).

They held the Saints to 23 points in New Orleans, which will probably end up being the Saints' lowest scoring game for the year at home (and, of course, it could have easily been 20 points) and forced 2 or 3 turnovers depending on how you view the Brooks play (with another coming by special teams).

Fangio will be back but here's the real kicker...unless he gets a head coaching job in college or the NFL, Roman is going to be back too. Harbaugh will be loyal and not overreact and that's a good thing.
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
I agree about the defense. But the offense has enough talent to score. Harbaugh just need to find someone who knows how to use Kaep and be creative to use his weapons. Playcalling sucks, game awareness sucks and halftime adjustment, is close to non-existent.

completely agree with this.
I stopped reading once the OP mentioned Fangio.
Originally posted by kem99:
Have you been paying attention to Jim Harbaugh at all? Yeah, I'd agree, you can't criticize the defense.

The Seahawks game was 5-0 at halftime and 12-3 well into the 2nd half before the offensive miscues and turnovers proved to be too much.

The Colts game was still close into the 4th quarter when the defense finally gave in while the offense stagnated.

They held the Panthers to 10 points and contained Newton (no TD's rushing or passing).

They held the Saints to 23 points in New Orleans, which will probably end up being the Saints' lowest scoring game for the year at home (and, of course, it could have easily been 20 points) and forced 2 or 3 turnovers depending on how you view the Brooks play (with another coming by special teams).

Fangio will be back but here's the real kicker...unless he gets a head coaching job in college or the NFL, Roman is going to be back too. Harbaugh will be loyal and not overreact and that's a good thing.

thing is him firing him wouldn't be overreacting

the motto is you're either getting better or worse you're not staying the same.

how can he justify roman being the coordinator he is getting WORSE by the game

1 single person cost us 4 games already

all 4 and is allowed to continue? that's not being humble or doing what's best for the team or any of it.

it's not about feelings its about making tough decisions the tough decision is to stick with him that's tough knowing what he's going to do for you and for everyone who worked so hard

the easy logical and correct decision is to fire him.

it took them 10 weeks to realize kyle williams wasn't a #2 wr

so probably somewhere around 2016 they'll get rid of roman
Originally posted by susweel:
overreact much

This.
Originally posted by SFrush:
I stopped reading once the OP mentioned Fangio.

Me too.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Clean house is a bit severe. He needs to make some adjustments, for sure. The passing offense is unacceptable.

Don't be shocked if nothing changes.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Clean house is a bit severe. He needs to make some adjustments, for sure. The passing offense is unacceptable.

nothing will change. we'll make the playoffs, roman will be less attractive on the HC market and harbs is loyal. hes staying.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

I won't be. I know Harbaugh is loyal to his fellow coaches. As much as people hate Roman, they need to realize him and Harbaugh have the same offensive philosophy. They see eye-to-eye on most things, and need to work together to fix this. The adjustments I want to see has more to do with schematics, not so much with a coaching overhaul.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:48 PM ]
Originally posted by boast:
7th ranked defense says no.

This. I think some zoners are spoiled by 2011. That was a historically great defense.

We're still a top-10, the issue resides in the offense.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
thing is him firing him wouldn't be overreacting

the motto is you're either getting better or worse you're not staying the same.

how can he justify roman being the coordinator he is getting WORSE by the game

1 single person cost us 4 games already

all 4 and is allowed to continue? that's not being humble or doing what's best for the team or any of it.

it's not about feelings its about making tough decisions the tough decision is to stick with him that's tough knowing what he's going to do for you and for everyone who worked so hard

the easy logical and correct decision is to fire him.

it took them 10 weeks to realize kyle williams wasn't a #2 wr

so probably somewhere around 2016 they'll get rid of roman

Sorry...but you lost all of your credibility when you placed the full blame for all 4 losses this year on Roman. Regardless of how you would grade him out for this year, you can't say he is the "1 single person [that] cost us 4 games already." That might be the easy thing to say but its not the "logical and correct decision". It is probably as illogical as you can get.

And, if you're going to give him all the blame for the 4 losses, don't you also have to give him all the credit for the 6 wins? Or, let me guess, when the 49ers lose, its Roman's fault but when they win, you give someone else the credit because otherwise it kills your overreaction argument.
[ Edited by kem99 on Nov 18, 2013 at 4:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by boast:
7th ranked defense says no.

This. I think some zoners are spoiled by 2011. That was a historically great defense.

We're still a top-10, the issue resides in the offense.

Yup. The issue is entirely offense.

Despite all these struggles, we're still on track to have our 3rd consecutive winning season and a playoff birth. So to call for a complete overhaul of the coaching staff as this thread implies is going too far.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I do agree that the defense could use some more variety when it comes to generating pass rush, but its hard to fault them at all for any of our problems.

Offensively, the whole thing needs to be blown up. Too much talent on this offense for it to be dead last in passing.