LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Harbaugh needs to clean house after this season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think the Webzone needs to clean house after this season.
our D is playing fine. not 2011 level but still its good. you're gonna give up somethings on D in this league now.
OP is gonna be disappointed.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
This place never disappoints after a tough loss

!!!

Revenge of The Romper Room.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I think the Webzone needs to clean house after this season.

Harbaugh should hire his coaching staff from the posters in NT.
Originally posted by robniner:
OP is gonna be disappointed.

Sad part is, probably. I honestly do expect something to change though.
Complaining about the defense is stupid. Our D has given us the opportunity to win every damn game we have played. The offense hasn't taken that opportunity.

Look at the Hawks defense? They get gashed on the ground game in and game out and constantly give up drives when you would prefer they hold. The difference is their offense comes to play and picks up the slack.
Originally posted by denali22:
Yes bro, I understand it took 30 completions x 10 ypa to = 300 yards. I know hes an all world future HOF QB. Doesnt mean its OK you know? You're right with alternating players. The only guys I see alternating are Skuta and Aldon. Wheres Lemonier? And yeah, wheres Tank? Is Tramane Brock suddenly not good anymore? 43 drop backs, and only 1 sack. As "good" as our D is, theres an elephant in the room.

it proves how good the secondary is because without pressure they're still getting it done.

and we play nickel and still don't surrender much running wise.

you can put good in quotation marks if you want to but point to a game where they were outclassed this season... any one?

show me a game where they let us down totally?

in fact.. any game our offense is halfway decent it's been a blow out.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
2012 we had a QB who could read a defense at the line, pick the correct play, and make the correct throw. We don't have that any more. Kap pretty much just uses all the clock, can't figure it out and just takes a guess at what to do. He usually picks exactly what the defense is expecting.

in 2012 we ran a completely different offense scheme wise.

kap uses the clock or do they take forever to get the plays called like they have done since the 1st game of the 1st year they have been here.

and

you know what's funny..

if we ran the same offense we ran last year.. the same one alex was running then it would be just as dynamic as kap was when he took over
know why?
cause it was the same offense alex was running. the only thing they added was a pistol WRINKLE
and then they let that WRINKLE become the focal point in the off season.
when the offense was perfect before they destroyed it.

out of the gate running that same offense right now we would probably be 10-0 and none of the game would have even been close with the way our defense is playing.

you blame the qb when the coaches can't keep more than 2 wr on the field
make sure the fb is split wide
and can't find use for 2 deadly backs with speed and 1 with power 2 capable tight ends and 2 wr who are great after the catch

lol
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Complaining about the defense is stupid. Our D has given us the opportunity to win every damn game we have played. The offense hasn't taken that opportunity.

Look at the Hawks defense? They get gashed on the ground game in and game out and constantly give up drives when you would prefer they hold. The difference is their offense comes to play and picks up the slack.

im not complaining about our players. I'm saying our players are making the D coordinator look more impressive than he actually is. Im just frustrated that theres no pass rush, thats all. And our run D has taken a step backwards from previous seasons.

Originally posted by crabman82:
our D is playing fine. not 2011 level but still its good. you're gonna give up somethings on D in this league now.

I agree with this. Our defense is fine. All the losses we've had have been completely on our offense. We all knew going into the New Orleans game that we were going to have to score points to win. But the fact is that, had it not been for the turnovers, the game would have been a lot more lopsided because our offense couldn't get anything going. And I do agree with a lot here that it starts with the QB. Kap has to shoulder a lot of the blame because he simply hasn't played very well this year at all. But also the OLine, the WRs, and the offensive coaching have been poor and they are also partly responsible. However, it's easy for us to say blow up the offense and start fresh, but the fact is that it may just be a few pieces here and there that can fix it. And yes, that could include the QB position.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
I agree with this. Our defense is fine. All the losses we've had have been completely on our offense. We all knew going into the New Orleans game that we were going to have to score points to win. But the fact is that, had it not been for the turnovers, the game would have been a lot more lopsided because our offense couldn't get anything going. And I do agree with a lot here that it starts with the QB. Kap has to shoulder a lot of the blame because he simply hasn't played very well this year at all. But also the OLine, the WRs, and the offensive coaching have been poor and they are also partly responsible. However, it's easy for us to say blow up the offense and start fresh, but the fact is that it may just be a few pieces here and there that can fix it. And yes, that could include the QB position.

i don't think it has to do with the qb position.

no qb would thrive in this offense the way it is presently being run.

we have talent and enough talent to win have had all year.

however the coordinator cannot even use the personnel we have.. that's the big issue. cannot scheme for hunter and james. they come in for certain types of plays.. which the defenses now know.

we run certain types of routes which the defenses now know.

seattle didn't say we figured kap out.
they said we figured out their offensive scheme.
and apparently the rest of the nfl has too.
Roman is gone after this season. Rathman is next in line. Book it.
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Roman is gone after this season. Rathman is next in line. Book it.

why wait?

axe him today
Clean house is a bit severe. He needs to make some adjustments, for sure. The passing offense is unacceptable.
Share 49ersWebzone