There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh needs to clean house after this season

I'm sorry but what REALLY gets me is where does all this praise come for fangio and roman? What the hell is roman exactly doing that's making him look so good? What, different running formations that "confuse" the opposition? I've even heard that roman controls the runs, and Johnnie Morton controls the pass plays. If so, that could the the problem as well. Fire ALL of them. How is it that a saints defense which was TERRIBLE last season, is looking like some top 5 defense against us?

COACHING

If rob Ryan had our defense, can you just think of such atrocities our linebackers would have? What is this "rush-four-but-still-cant-cover-3-recievers" logic? Why is it that when they rush SEVEN at us, we STILL cant throw it down the field?

Harbaugh needs to consider the future of this team. I know he brought in "his guys" but the season speaks for itself. "His guys" aren't getting the job done anymore. I'm sure its in the back of his mind somewhere, and Jed must be down right embarrassed with the way our offense looks.

Who gives a rats ass about that Brooks penalty. We needed a muffed punt, a cornerback to fumble in the end zone to even HOPE to win that game. I usually blame Kaep all the time (don't get me wrong, he still is a piece of the problem) but the play calling is atrocious. Our defense has all these damn all-pro players, and we cant even sack a damn QB.

I swear if Kaep gets some ludicrous contract, I don't know if I can watch this team anymore.
stop it.

the defense is fine. did you see what the saints did to the coybows last week and what they couldn't do against us?

lol

don't say a word about the defense. the defense held the panthers to 10 points

and the saints to really 20 but we'll call it 23

drew brees had 1 td pass and 1int

you're supposed to win games like that

russel wilson had 150 yards passing 1td 1int you're supposed to win games when that happens

luck had 150 yards and no td passes you're supposed to win when that happens

he needs to clean house offensively NOW

not wait until this season is over

do it
now.
overreact much
Exactly what type of plays are you supposed to call when you have a one read QB who every DC knows exactly how to play and stack the box against Gore?
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
stop it.

the defense is fine. did you see what the saints did to the coybows last week and what they couldn't do against us?

lol

don't say a word about the defense. the defense held the panthers to 10 points

and the saints to really 20 but we'll call it 23

drew brees had 1 td pass and 1int

you're supposed to win games like that

russel wilson had 150 yards passing 1td 1int you're supposed to win games when that happens

luck had 150 yards and no td passes you're supposed to win when that happens

he needs to clean house offensively NOW

not wait until this season is over

do it
now.

Sorry, but I dont see where you think the defense is fine either. Brees averaged 10 yards per pass play, completing almost 70% of his passes. Holding them to 23 points isnt something to brag about. But if you compare them to other games that the saints have played, sure it might've looked like it came in our favor. However, thats because of the talent of our defensive players, I wouldn't credit Fangio with that. When I watch other teams, I see a defensive scheme. When I watch our team, It feels like guys are just roaming around, hoping for an INT. There's no pressure on the QB, there's no stunt blitzing, there's no sort of anything really. Just either zone or man. It's awful.
I'm doubtful it will be a total house cleaning.

I'm hoping Roman goes to college [sounds like a movie] and Morton goes w/him.

Fangio's doing alright AND I know we'd all like to see more. BUT our D is playing at a high level.

Whatever happens, my apprehension is we don't even make the playoffs or are 1 & done. But come what may there has to be changes made in the coaching staff.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Exactly what type of plays are you supposed to call when you have a one read QB who every DC knows exactly how to play and stack the box against Gore?

Sad isnt it? Take a moment to realize what you just wrote. If this is the truth, then why are we upset when we lose games? Maybe because we've actually seen Kaep do some damage through the air. We know what he's capable of, yet when time the game is on the line, we still run the damn football. Seems like we only like to throw the ball against weaker teams.
Originally posted by denali22:
Sorry, but I dont see where you think the defense is fine either. Brees averaged 10 yards per pass play, completing almost 70% of his passes. Holding them to 23 points isnt something to brag about. But if you compare them to other games that the saints have played, sure it might've looked like it came in our favor. However, thats because of the talent of our defensive players, I wouldn't credit Fangio with that. When I watch other teams, I see a defensive scheme. When I watch our team, It feels like guys are just roaming around, hoping for an INT. There's no pressure on the QB, there's no stunt blitzing, there's no sort of anything really. Just either zone or man. It's awful.

it took him 30 completions to get 300 yards...

give him 30 completions against anyone else he has damn near 500 yards passing.

he only threw 1 td and threw an int.

now what it looks like.. it's what it is..

we need to activate tank and let him play we didn't draft him for nothing. let aldon loose and let brooks do his thing

passing down should be tank and justin
with corey aldon and ahmad

every single obvious passing down.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Exactly what type of plays are you supposed to call when you have a one read QB who every DC knows exactly how to play and stack the box against Gore?

i feel you made this post in 2011 and in 2012 too
cause im probably right

so what does that tell you?

maybe just maybe its the coordinator huh?
7th ranked defense says no.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Exactly what type of plays are you supposed to call when you have a one read QB who every DC knows exactly how to play and stack the box against Gore?

i feel you made this post in 2011 and in 2012 too
cause im probably right

so what does that tell you?

maybe just maybe its the coordinator huh?

2012 we had a QB who could read a defense at the line, pick the correct play, and make the correct throw. We don't have that any more. Kap pretty much just uses all the clock, can't figure it out and just takes a guess at what to do. He usually picks exactly what the defense is expecting.
our defense isnt and has never been the problem. and offensive coaching shakedown? absolutely, but not the defense. roman and morton need to be replaced, simple as that. fangio has been lights out as a DC and i cant think of many games that our defense has let us down
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
it took him 30 completions to get 300 yards...

give him 30 completions against anyone else he has damn near 500 yards passing.

he only threw 1 td and threw an int.

now what it looks like.. it's what it is..

we need to activate tank and let him play we didn't draft him for nothing. let aldon loose and let brooks do his thing

passing down should be tank and justin
with corey aldon and ahmad

every single obvious passing down.

Yes bro, I understand it took 30 completions x 10 ypa to = 300 yards. I know hes an all world future HOF QB. Doesnt mean its OK you know? You're right with alternating players. The only guys I see alternating are Skuta and Aldon. Wheres Lemonier? And yeah, wheres Tank? Is Tramane Brock suddenly not good anymore? 43 drop backs, and only 1 sack. As "good" as our D is, theres an elephant in the room.
This place never disappoints after a tough loss
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Exactly what type of plays are you supposed to call when you have a one read QB who every DC knows exactly how to play and stack the box against Gore?

I don't buy that. I see scrub QB's all around the league that come out of nowhere and throw for 300 yards because of the play designs and route combinations their coaches draw up. This year Kap has thrown for under 200 yards in all but 2 games. He also had a 91-yard game and a 113 yard game which included a 64-yard TD at the end. A lot of that falls on Kap for sure, but you can't tell me the playcalling can't be better.