LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 341 users in the forums

2013 - Week 11: Thoughts after rewatching the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Great post as always, Marvin. We'll see how the Niners respond going forward. Right now, the focus is to just get into the playoffs, as you mention. Once in, anything can happen and this team has the talent to beat anyone on any given day.

This. Great write up as usual Marvin49. We are getting healthy and will make a run in the 2nd half starting Monday in Washington. Go 49ers!
Originally posted by crabman82:
i'm questioning his situational awareness in certain spots during a game. you're the one who made the jump to intelligence level.
I may have started my post on response to you but my post was also directed to others who have questioned his intelligence.
[ Edited by Dsoto87 on Nov 18, 2013 at 2:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
he has to know he has none left, thats his job. whether he used them, failed challenges cost us them or the D used all 3 of them. he has to know there is zero left. just feels so f**ked up that i knew sitting on my couch (without looking at the graphic on the screen) but yet he didnt.
Lol exactly you're sitting on you couch. Please don't compare your situation to Kaps. If it was Kap getting the play off late I'd be passed. That wasn't the situation though. Your questioning his intelligence when the whole reason he was trying to call a timeout was because someone couldn't line up correctly. Carrier had one person to worry about meanwhile Kap has to make sure 10 others are in the right spot. But sure, Kaps the idiot here...

I saw this n was like ooooh f**k. Then they showed harbs on sideline and he looked aaaawwee yeah my bad. Tho coulda been worse! Singltary woulda had to check the tape to see what happened in that instance! Harbs still one helluva coach, not another in the league id rather have.
Goniners
I was thinking about #9 specifically last night after the loss. Why do we have to look for another Delanie Walker when we HAD Delanie Walker?!!!! It sickens me that they didn't give a little more value to him with his versatility. So many extra plays we can run with him in the lineup out of the same formations. It has really hurt our team. And Baalke really dropped the ball on this decision to not keep him.
i'm questioning his situational awareness in certain spots during a game. you're the one who made the jump to intelligence level.
I may have started my post on response to you but my post was also directed to others who have questioned his intelligence. S for running out of bounds I have a feeling all off season coaches have pounded it into his head that he needs to play it safe.

yeah and you're probably on to something there. but situational awareness in the nfl is a big deal. the patriots teams who won super bowls were off the charts at it. i think kaep is smart but i'm starting to think maybe he cant process some of the information fast enough when he really needs to.
I may have started my post on response to you but my post was also directed to others who have questioned his intelligence. S for running out of bounds I have a feeling all off season coaches have pounded it into his head that he needs to play it safe.

Well if this is so, we are gonna have to loosen the reigns a bit! We could easily make playoffs, just as easily just miss out. We are gonna be on the money. Our guys are gonna be feeling the pressure from here on out! Lets run this s**t out, one game at a time of course. Seattle will be crucial on dec 8th
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I was thinking about #9 specifically last night after the loss. Why do we have to look for another Delanie Walker when we HAD Delanie Walker?!!!! It sickens me that they didn't give a little more value to him with his versatility. So many extra plays we can run with him in the lineup out of the same formations. It has really hurt our team. And Baalke really dropped the ball on this decision to not keep him.

I think that's fair.

I like Baalke, but his achilles heal so far has been being able to resolve the WR spot and letting Delanie walk. Perhaps they thought his furure salary would create problems, but having Walker right now would be HUGE.
another underrated aspect here is the super bowl run, whether you win or lose it not many teams go back, and it hasnt happened in a long long time. a lot of guys were banged up going into the offseason and didnt really get the proper rest their body needs IMO. i said when we made the super bowl that it was a lottery ticket we were holding and we had to cash it and not die in a car accident on the way to go cash it.
What difference does it make whether or not he made the timeout gesture? They were getting a delay of game no matter what because a player was lined up incorrectly and Kap could not snap the ball. I personally think he did it sort of in frustration, but whatever the reason, I don't think that was one of the major mistakes Kap made. I think running out of bounds was truly a boneheaded decision. I think the pass on the slant to Manningham was a poor decision that he got away with after chasing the DB and causing him to fumble it out of the endzone. I also think the drop by McDonald on the slant was a major mistake. I think the drop by Gore on what could have been a TD was a major screw-up. And Snyder's inability to recognize the stunt and allowing the defender unfettered access to the QB was another idiotic play. Those are the types of plays that affected this game and not the timeout gesture on what was going to be a delay-of-game regardless. The mistake there was by the TE who didn't know the formation.
Marvin....let me clarify my position on Kaep.

Young QBs all go through a period of confusion where they need to find their feet throughout a game. However, when you have two straight weeks where 3 points wins a game, you expect that this young QB would then bring out what is and should be an innate trait and that is to just move the sticks. Find the checkdown, find the short man, move the ball. Kaepernick has not shown the ability to do that in late game situations this season passing the ball and, to a greater extent , he has not shown it when the pressure is on. That is something that you at least have to hang your hat on when other aspects are failing. I am simply not seeing it...whether its his play in Seattle, or his inability to read pre snap d falter after the first read is covered.

I ride with this team no matter and i fully support the kid, but he is simply not playing well at all and two or three throws are not enough for me to maintain that particular level of optimism. He has a long way to go.

And for the record...it is completely legitimate to point out that Kaepernick is a 3rd year QB, who was afforded the rare oportunity to sit and watch his ENTIRE rookie season. Since that is something that this board universally regards as the proper way to develop a QB, I think it is only fair for people to expect that he would be farther along in that development than he is now.

yeah and you're probably on to something there. but situational awareness in the nfl is a big deal. the patriots teams who won super bowls were off the charts at it. i think kaep is smart but i'm starting to think maybe he cant process some of the information fast enough when he really needs to.
it was apparent the 2nd week. Theres been so many instances where he leaves the pocket (for whatever reason) and is looking to pass when there's no one open. Where as before he would take off for huge gains, he's extremely hesitant and ends up getting negligible yards. It's either he's beat it into his head that he wants to show the world he's not a run first QB or its our extremely conservative coaching staff worried he may get injured
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

walker had played 7 years in sf and wanted to hit the open market, he wasnt going to sign before free agency, thats bad business on his end. once he hit the market, sure we could have re-signed him, but it became a bidding war. we already pay 1 te a lot of money and its tough to double up on salaries like that. having already done it at ILB with bowman and willis, you cant sustain things long term doubling up on salaries like that.
it was apparent the 2nd week. Theres been so many instances where he leaves the pocket (for whatever reason) and is looking to pass when there's no one open. Where as before he would take off for huge gains, he's extremely hesitant and ends up getting negligible yards. It's either he's beat it into his head that he wants to show the world he's not a run first QB or its our extremely conservative coaching staff worried he may get injured

I think he's being coached to do that. I listened to Gregg Cosell last week and he was asked about that. He said he understands that people want him to run but the coaches are probably thinking that he will never develop into a pocket passer if he runs at the first opportunity. He said to have long term success, he's going to have to develop as a pocket passer because while big runs may make it into the highlight reel, they're simply not sustainable for QB success in the long run.
a tight end is always important
Originally posted by AGayNinerFan:
a tight end is always important

Don't feed the troll.
Share 49ersWebzone