There are 48 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2 Drops

The playcalling has been suspect.
Kap has obviously hit a bit of a sophomore slump.
A third threat has yet to come forward in the passing game.

And yet these last two losses could possibly have just come down to two drops. Vance unable to bring in a long pass against the Panthers and Gore's inability to hold on to what might have been a touchdown pass.

Granted, I think the aforementioned points are what's holding this team back, but I can't help but wonder that if those two plays go the other way, we're 8-2. I realize rarely do games come down to just one play, but both those of felt like they should have been clinchers. And if we do pull off those wins, say what you want about Kap but those are key throws that he pulls off.

Of course it's all hypothetical and it's actually paining me to live in this fairytale, but alas here I am.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brando85:

And yet these last two losses could possibly have just come down to two drops. Vance unable to bring in a long pass against the Panthers and Gore's inability to hold on to what might have been a touchdown pass.

Granted, I think the aforementioned points are what's holding this team back, but I can't help but wonder that if those two plays go the other way, we're 8-2. I realize rarely do games come down to just one play, but both those of felt like they should have been clinchers. And if we do pull off those wins, say what you want about Kap but those are key throws that he pulls off.

Of course it's all hypothetical and it's actually paining me to live in this fairytale, but alas here I am.
i think you are right that things never come down to one play. all those drops tell me is that they are two more shovels onto the heap
its come to down to a hell of a lot more than that. football games are rarely hang on the outcome of a singular play, even though a lot of fans believe the opposite. i've always said you cant replace your bad plays in a game and leave all the good ones in there. its not how the game works.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
big players make big plays and we are not seeing that. they also have a oc who retards them
Originally posted by crabman82:
its come to down to a hell of a lot more than that. football games are rarely hang on the outcome of a singular play, even though a lot of fans believe the opposite. i've always said you cant replace your bad plays in a game and leave all the good ones in there. its not how the game works.

Well said.

A bad a call on Brooks, a bad no call that was clearly pass interference by the Saints on VD in the end zone, the Gore drop, add up to a tough one to swallow.
Our problems run deeper than 2 drops and a terrible call.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
2 pump chump
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Our problems run deeper than 2 drops and a terrible call.

Agree but this makes you wonder. How many other teams get by with less? Seattle continues to throw s**t up to guys like Tate and Kearse and they come down with some of the most unrealistic throws and catches. You need those plays from time to time. We can't seem to catch a break on those explosive plays. A lot of that has to do with the lack of playmakers outside and that's the very reason defenses are playing us so agressive.

When was the last time a receiver not named Boldin came down with a jump ball? How many times have teams like Detroit, Seattle, Dallas, Cincinnati, New Orleans etc come down with those catches to extend drives and or win the game on those types of plays? We have serious lack of talent on offense right now and its not just the WR's. QB and the lines inability to pass block are just as much a problem.
Originally posted by Brando85:

I think that these two plays are real issues for our team. But like all of profootball it all comes down to a game of inches. Right now we are coming out on the poor side of 3-5 plays a game where we are deficient enough that we loose close games. Many of our mistakes are mental issues and those drops are concentration issues. Another area of concern is how many interceptions has Bowman missed? Or sacks that we missed by an inch or two. The other teams have those same issues as well so the winner usually comes down to the team that made the fewest mistakes and that team is not us at the moment. Hopefully it will change soon.
Drop it like its hot
mods need to step up with the banhammer. soooo many opposing trolls flooding in
You cant drop those passes with Krapinhispants only throwin for 100 yards or so, just saying.
Originally posted by xtm059:
mods need to step up with the banhammer. soooo many opposing trolls flooding in

Agree this is getting sickening. They aren't even trying to hide it with these lame ass user names. One of them even had the username gayninerfan or something juvenile like that. Ban all posers! Atleast come in here and act like adults. Easy to kick the Niners fan base now while we're down but I wonder how many of these posers actually realize that they may have to play the 49ers again and they had better hope they win for all the s**t being talked around here.
gayninerfan is probably the best username ever :)
Originally posted by NinerWhiner1:
You cant drop those passes with Krapinhispants only throwin for 100 yards or so, just saying.

Oooh, another Hawks fan. Welcome. :)