LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 186 users in the forums

Can Someone Explain How It Wasn't a Penalty?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
my god,

your god is my god too
Originally posted by LSUSON:
Saints fan here. Not here to troll. Your D played its butt off. In regards to the hit on Brees, yes it was a penalty. It shouldn't have come down to a fg if our idiot backup db can just hold onto the ball to score a td. What surprised me was how well the Saints D controlled the line of scrimmage and kept the running game in check. Please beat the sea chickens at home. I still think you guys will get one of the wild card spots. Hope you guys have strong finish free from injuries.

stopped reading right there
Originally posted by DrewBrees713:
Playing the race card again, eh?

While I understand why 49ers fans are upset but the tackle was made high. There was a call where Brees's was hit in the face mask but it wasn't call either. Both teams got away with some calls IMHO

Again?? Pls tell me when did I played the race card before?? Then again you have only 2 posts which tells me your a newbie and your name?? Well, says it all!! Congrats on the win. Enjoy it and pray your 'aints won't play the Niners in the playoffs.
The refs seem to call every hard hit, and we were just on the wrong end of it.

The NFL has become soft.

No penalty and we win.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SneakySniper:

The NFL has become soft.

No penalty and we win.

Kaep throws a decent pass to Gore...or Gore catches a low throw that he should be able to catch...and we win.

It's easy to pin it on the refs...or even the coaches. In the end...it's the players who are executing it out there. Yes, coaching hasn't been top notch...but players (espeically OL and QB) have played terrible.
Originally posted by 4ML:

The NFL has become soft.

No penalty and we win.

Kaep throws a decent pass to Gore...or Gore catches a low throw that he should be able to catch...and we win.

It's easy to pin it on the refs...or even the coaches. In the end...it's the players who are executing it out there. Yes, coaching hasn't been top notch...but players (espeically OL and QB) have played terrible.

Games are never perfect with OL/QB coaching and drops Etc..but it also doesn't help when the Refs fk it up as well
f**kKKKK!
I hate to say it, but I think Brooks should have went for his knee! This way you get the penalty but Brees is done for the game/season.

You are going to get the penalty anyway, so why not remove said QB from the game in the process?

We sure do have a bunch of fake @55 tough guys on our team. I see how we will dominate an inferior team then how we tuck our tales against the good teams (2011/2012 Giants/Ravens/Seahawks) (2013 Seahawks/Colts/Panthers/Saints). We aren't even the same team when we are met with any adversity.

Against any good team we have the same issues; O-Line turns into paper, QB puckers, and receiver's forget how to run and catch.
Also, VD gets a concussion and DB's get KO'ed! Sometimes it is different combinations of this stuff coupled with injuries.

We don't seem like we are in the greatest shape to be playing football either.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by boast:

Enough said.

Pisses me off even more. Plus those 2 obvious holds on our pass catchers. Would love to play these guys again. They know they can't handle us.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by boast:

Enough said.

Pisses me off even more. Plus those 2 obvious holds on our pass catchers. Would love to play these guys again. They know they can't handle us.

This is what pissed me off the most about the call...That call only gets made for maybe 5 of the NFL golden QB's. If we hit say Andy Dalton or EJ Manuel like that I doubt there would have been a flag thrown, but since it was Brees and the Saints they throw the flag.

Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN21m
The side-by-side photo comparison of tackles on Brees and Kaepernick does not take into account Kaepernick escaped pocket and was running.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The NFL has become soft.

No penalty and we win.

Games are never perfect with OL/QB coaching and drops Etc..but it also doesn't help when the Refs fk it up as well

Great teams over-comes a bad call here and there. Refs f**ked up last week as well...and we benefited from it and we still lost.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
The side-by-side photo comparison of tackles on Brees and Kaepernick does not take into account Kaepernick escaped pocket and was running.

lol
Originally posted by crabman82:

lol

So a tackle around the neck is still ok?
Share 49ersWebzone