LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Can Someone Explain How It Wasn't a Penalty?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Even in real time i thought it was a good hit. It looked like a standard clean edge sack/fumble. I saw the flag and was yelling that they can't call roughing, must be holding. When the zebras huddled i knew they were talking about calling roughing. They couldn't b talking about holding, that would be a moot conversation. Then instarted yelling u can't call roughing, u just can't. They called it and i didnt even watch the replay. Knew it was b******t. Ive seen that play made 10000 times. But they decided to call it there....

Complete horses**t. The worst part is the league backed the call and even fined brook heftily and made up an interpretation of the rule to justify the call.

Now today, worse foul, same team, same refs, no call....lets see their explanation tomorrow....

Oh oh the refs didnt see it... Even though two refs were staring right at it...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000285680/article/saints-benefit-from-missed-call-after-hit-on-matt-ryan

Gets even better, Mike Smith said in the post game conference that he was told by the refs that Ryan wasn't hit in the face or neck area.

Last time I checked, it was called a FACEmask for a reason.

Not only was that a blow to the head it was a face mask too. I honestly now think that the NFL is setting up the Saints to go to the Super Bowl, you can say no, but there's too many calls going there way. Let's come back to this after the NFC Championship!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Not only was that a blow to the head it was a face mask too. I honestly now think that the NFL is setting up the Saints to go to the Super Bowl, you can say no, but there's too many calls going there way. Let's come back to this after the NFC Championship!!

I am in total agreement of this. After last night's non-call there is no doubt in my mind that the Saints are on easy street. We don't even have to wait until the NFCC, the Aints are going to Seattle in 2 Mondays, where NOBODY wins right? Think that the Hags aren't going to be tagging Breesus with the jump they get off the snap in C-Link? with the Hags certain to get the division, I am almost wanting them to smack NOLA around some. We'll see how the officiating goes in that game, but I suspect the Hags are going to be hit pretty good with those flags on The Chosen One.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I am in total agreement of this. After last night's non-call there is no doubt in my mind that the Saints are on easy street. We don't even have to wait until the NFCC, the Aints are going to Seattle in 2 Mondays, where NOBODY wins right? Think that the Hags aren't going to be tagging Breesus with the jump they get off the snap in C-Link? with the Hags certain to get the division, I am almost wanting them to smack NOLA around some. We'll see how the officiating goes in that game, but I suspect the Hags are going to be hit pretty good with those flags on The Chosen One.

Will be the ultimate battle of Shorterbacks.
I'd like someone to explain how the grabbing & twisting of Ryan's facemask last night wasn't a penalty in the league's precious interest to protect QBs? WTF a gazillion times. Nice f**king double-standard you f**kface Goodell. Same damn ref crew as Niners-Saints. Hmm, what a coincidence. That play was marginally worse than what Brooks did. Damn we got so f**king shafted.
The No Fair League is all it is to me now!
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I'd like someone to explain how the grabbing & twisting of Ryan's facemask last night wasn't a penalty in the league's precious interest to protect QBs? WTF a gazillion times. Nice f**king double-standard you f**kface Goodell. Same damn ref crew as Niners-Saints. Hmm, what a coincidence. That play was marginally worse than what Brooks did. Damn we got so f**king shafted.

They just didn't see it . . . nothing to see here. He'll get fined and justice will supposedly be served.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

They just didn't see it . . . nothing to see here. He'll get fined and justice will supposedly be served.

Correction, it wasn't the same officiating crew but it still makes the call on Brooks even more f**ked.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Correction, it wasn't the same officiating crew but it still makes the call on Brooks even more f**ked.

it was blatant and missed and gives the conspiracy theorists some good ammo.
i know it wont ever happen but i think refs should be forced to do post game pressers
anybody have a gif of the Matt Ryan hit?

So we can objectively assess it here?

LOL @ crab...THAT would be awesome. I know they are "graded" to determine who gets to ref in the big playoff games and Superbowl but we all say how that system was tainted last year. But that would be hilarious!
Originally posted by NCommand:
LOL @ crab...THAT would be awesome. I know they are "graded" to determine who gets to ref in the big playoff games and Superbowl but we all say how that system was tainted last year. But that would be hilarious!

i think the umps did it at this years world series after that play where they called interference. i tuned into a channel and seen 3 or 4 umps at a presser after the game. my first thought was i've never seen this ever in any sport.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
anybody have a gif of the Matt Ryan hit?

So we can objectively assess it here?

Fuels the fire as someone said earlier. Both should've been called IMO. Pretty much same thing except Hick's was 100% a penalty, and Ahmads was "iffy".
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Nov 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM ]
Integrity of the game...they wouldn't even have to lie: "You know, from my vantage point on the field, I didn't see it or I felt I had to make a snap-quick judgement bassed on the rule esp. with re: to the protection of the QB." Done. Like you said, who wouldn't respect that?
But the truth is, the NFL holds esentially a "gag order" on all officials. It's truly the ONE thing they have control over esp. when you factor in the player's association and collective bargaining agreement.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 22, 2013 at 11:17 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone