LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Can Someone Explain How It Wasn't a Penalty?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hopper:
Second game in a row Hicks gets away with a facemask. smh

Dude's giving out blowies to the refs pre-game like the Moonies handing out flowers at the airport in 'Airplane.'
I've got the answer. let the Quarterback keep a yellow flag and use it when needed.
After all, Ahmad Brooks was spot on, "Maybe the officials favor the Saints a little more than us."
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
After all, Ahmad Brooks was spot on, "Maybe the officials favor the Saints a little more than us."

Apparently they favor the Saints a lot more than they do the Falcons, even in Atlanta.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Apparently they favor the Saints a lot more than they do the Falcons, even in Atlanta.

Make sure saints get the two seed.

- NFL
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Make sure saints get the two seed.

- NFL

Ohhh.....if the calls are this obvious, they're getting the No. 1 seed. Maybe the SB is already decided in November.
Ohhh.....if the calls are this obvious, they're getting the No. 1 seed. Maybe the SB is already decided in November.

Brees vs Brady or Manning, NFL said "Make that s**t happen."
Some interesting numbers about Ron Winter. The article is a couple of years old but it shows how Winter calls a game. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/tag/_/name/ron-winter
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
At first hand during real time action it looked like a definite penalty, after watching the replay just ONCE, that s**t ain't no penalty.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
At first hand during real time action it looked like a definite penalty, after watching the replay just ONCE, that s**t ain't no penalty.

and as we saw monday night, they can pick up a flag and say that there is no penalty.. even if the clock has triple zero's

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Even in real time i thought it was a good hit. It looked like a standard clean edge sack/fumble. I saw the flag and was yelling that they can't call roughing, must be holding. When the zebras huddled i knew they were talking about calling roughing. They couldn't b talking about holding, that would be a moot conversation. Then instarted yelling u can't call roughing, u just can't. They called it and i didnt even watch the replay. Knew it was b******t. Ive seen that play made 10000 times. But they decided to call it there....

Complete horses**t. The worst part is the league backed the call and even fined brook heftily and made up an interpretation of the rule to justify the call.

Now today, worse foul, same team, same refs, no call....lets see their explanation tomorrow....

Oh oh the refs didnt see it... Even though two refs were staring right at it...
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Even in real time i thought it was a good hit. It looked like a standard clean edge sack/fumble. I saw the flag and was yelling that they can't call roughing, must be holding. When the zebras huddled i knew they were talking about calling roughing. They couldn't b talking about holding, that would be a moot conversation. Then instarted yelling u can't call roughing, u just can't. They called it and i didnt even watch the replay. Knew it was b******t. Ive seen that play made 10000 times. But they decided to call it there....

Complete horses**t. The worst part is the league backed the call and even fined brook heftily and made up an interpretation of the rule to justify the call.

Now today, worse foul, same team, same refs, no call....lets see their explanation tomorrow....

Oh oh the refs didnt see it... Even though two refs were staring right at it...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000285680/article/saints-benefit-from-missed-call-after-hit-on-matt-ryan

Gets even better, Mike Smith said in the post game conference that he was told by the refs that Ryan wasn't hit in the face or neck area.

Last time I checked, it was called a FACEmask for a reason.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

you wanted someone to explain to you how what ahmad brooks did wasn't a penalty?

well this is why..this play wasn't a penalty.

/thread

Exactly how I feel, it feels like the league has something against us, just a bad feeling.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by niteshade80:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

you wanted someone to explain to you how what ahmad brooks did wasn't a penalty?

well this is why..this play wasn't a penalty.

/thread

Exactly how I feel, it feels like the league has something against us, just a bad feeling.

Still a penalty on both accounts IMO, pretty simple. One was called the other wasn't. Never said anything about poor officiating or them not being consistent.

Can't believe people are still over this.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Nov 22, 2013 at 5:45 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Anything around the head and neck, their going to call.
Share 49ersWebzone