There are 282 users in the forums

Can Someone Explain How It Wasn't a Penalty?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Oh hell no anyone see the saints get away with the same penalty just now??!!! WTF
Originally posted by 49ermark:
Oh hell no anyone see the saints get away with the same penalty just now??!!! WTF

hahahahahahah he hit him in the helmet face masked him and everything and not a single flag dropped!

not 1!!!!!!

Man...what a shame

I hope I don't see any saints fan soon
Ok. Saints defense sacks Ryan the same if not worse than Bree's last week. And no flag. This is BS.

I bet he won't be seeing a 15K fine either. f**k the NFL.
It's clear, Brees is one of the golden children, Ryan isn't

you wanted someone to explain to you how what ahmad brooks did wasn't a penalty?

well this is why..this play wasn't a penalty.

/thread
If there is any doubt that the call was right, it usually means its wrong.

In this case, there is a lot of doubt.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
His forearm hit the upper chest. If he did really hit the neck, it wouldnt be flying out like it did when Brooks smashed him.

Not a penalty.

This.
Where is that saints fan that had the sack to come in here and argue?

Insert foot in mouth.

Let's just wait until the game is on the line to make that call.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Nov 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM ]
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

you wanted someone to explain to you how what ahmad brooks did wasn't a penalty?

/thread

/thread

/thread

A direct hit to the face mask and no flag! Amazing. If the NFL can fine Brooks they should fine this guy too!!! That's got to be a 25k fine...
This absolutely proves my point.

It's not about player safety. It's about public IMAGE. The Brooks play LOOKED bad. It LOOKED like a dangerous hit.

The play above actually IS a dangerous hit. No flag of course, because soccer moms think Ahmad Brooks did a worse thing, and that the NFL handled it right. These rules are in place to placate the soccer moms, and maybe some clueless lawyers, not to protect the players.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Nov 21, 2013 at 7:10 PM ]
I actually saw a saints fan on the game feed say, "nobody's lip was blessing on this hit"
But I thought Mike Perreira said it would be penalized 10 out of 10 times.
Share 49ersWebzone