LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Can Someone Explain How It Wasn't a Penalty?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
The League owes us an apology......Brooks could have "ear-holed" Brees......he could have cheap shotted Brees into week 14.......he didn't, but still they pull some BS flag out......Brooks took it easy on Brees IMHO

Yup...could have even pile drived him into the ground as well to finish him off...nope, bear hugs him to the ground to ensure no foul.

To be honest, I don't think he had even a mili-second to do anything differently than he did. Text book in that situation. Period.
Originally posted by WINiner:
That play is only a bad play in the NFL. In pop warner, in junior high, in high school, and in college that play is legal every single time. The protection of the QB is getting freakin ridiculous and is all because of Tom golden boy Brady and his injury a few years ago. Damn I hate him.

100% agree. Even in other NFL games that would of never had been called. The refs were feeding into the saints crowd, there is no denying it. Its not even arguable based on the non-calls versus calls in this game.

The NFL has a back door open all the time for the saints, thats just the plain truth.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
ok,, i think its time to put this to bed. just some advice. we spend so much time on his issue, which to me is not a issue but thats beside the point,, and we do not get ready for the redskins because we are to busy whining about the past. this reminds me so much of after green bay,, JH spent nearly the entire next week whining about clay mathews instead of discussing seattle and we got kicked up and down. what you thought about the play should mean nothing anymore, right now its all about the redskins because you should know, our playoff hopes are a bit murkey and if we lose this game monday I believe this season and playoff hopes are done,
Originally posted by cciowa:
ok,, i think its time to put this to bed. just some advice. we spend so much time on his issue, which to me is not a issue but thats beside the point,, and we do not get ready for the redskins because we are to busy whining about the past. this reminds me so much of after green bay,, JH spent nearly the entire next week whining about clay mathews instead of discussing seattle and we got kicked up and down. what you thought about the play should mean nothing anymore, right now its all about the redskins because you should know, our playoff hopes are a bit murkey and if we lose this game monday I believe this season and playoff hopes are done,

The team can focus on the Skins, we will continue to whine.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

ok, that makes sense! really though JH did piss me off that week about that
Originally posted by NCommand:
The League owes us an apology......Brooks could have "ear-holed" Brees......he could have cheap shotted Brees into week 14.......he didn't, but still they pull some BS flag out......Brooks took it easy on Brees IMHO

Yup...could have even pile drived him into the ground as well to finish him off...nope, bear hugs him to the ground to ensure no foul.

To be honest, I don't think he had even a mili-second to do anything differently than he did. Text book in that situation. Period.

What good would an apology do at this point? Won't be the first time the league has issued us, or another team, an apology. Nothing changes. The same f**k ups occur because of the way the NFL has instructed officials to call the games. The QB protection rules are ridiculous and it has increased the chance that an official will make the wrong call exponentially. I've been watching NFL football for 20 years now and these roughing the passer penalties were never called until the last 5 years.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Agreed....It sucks for Brooks, NFL fans should be praising him for winning that game for us. but NOOOOOOOO, BS flag.......Brooks has played his ass off this year and last post season....The refs robbed him of the national spotlight for saving that game..........With that, I love this defense.....they have fought their Butts off for Harbaugh for 2 1/2 seasons....ST and Offense need to finally act like pro's and man the f up!
Originally posted by 5280High:
That play is only a bad play in the NFL. In pop warner, in junior high, in high school, and in college that play is legal every single time. The protection of the QB is getting freakin ridiculous and is all because of Tom golden boy Brady and his injury a few years ago. Damn I hate him.

100% agree. Even in other NFL games that would of never had been called. The refs were feeding into the saints crowd, there is no denying it. Its not even arguable based on the non-calls versus calls in this game.

The NFL has a back door open all the time for the saints, thats just the plain truth.

Absolutely, this s**t only gets called in the NFL, especially when it's a star QB. Colt McCoy does not get that call. Hell, even Kap didn't get that call IN THE SAME GAME.

ok, that makes sense! really though JH did piss me off that week about that

Agreed, JH and the team got way ahead of themselves there. I feel sorry for RG3 now that a really angry Brooks will be gunning for his hea........chest.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 5280High:

Absolutely, this s**t only gets called in the NFL, especially when it's a star QB. Colt McCoy does not get that call. Hell, even Kap didn't get that call IN THE SAME GAME.

And there in lies the rub. That is whats soooo damn difficult to swallow as a fan. Kap gets clearly and obviously face-masked on a sack and nothing. Brooks barely touches Brees neck, through no control of his own and after the collision happened and it's a game changing flag. Effin BS and has me souring on the NFL quickly. Soon we will be calling it the NFRL Nation Football Referee League.
[ Edited by WINiner on Nov 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM ]

The call was BS, more so than any other thing that went wrong it cost us the game. But to be fair to the Saints, we still went three and out and Osgood still gave the Saints 15 free yards. On to the next one, no need to harp on this.
Originally posted by 11OnDaField1NMyHeart:
from the PL

This is the funniest ish I've seen all day.

Snappin turtle neck
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9997989

The Ray Lewis response from tonight before the MNF game.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9997989

The Ray Lewis response from tonight before the MNF game.

wow thank you posting
Share 49ersWebzone