LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Can Someone Explain How It Wasn't a Penalty?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
dont hit him in the head, or the neck, or the upper chest, or the legs, or below the knees. in fact just dont hit the qb at all, thats what it eventually will come to.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Lol. You are demanding that sort of precision on a guy about 6 feet 5 colliding at a high rate of speed with a guy not even 6 feet tall.

Brooks isn't 6'5" and he should know now that anything around the head their going to call.

Brooks is going around an offensive tackle at 100 mph trying to sack a moving target in the 6' Brees in a split second. It's easy for us to sit back today and say if he aimed his arm a little lower it would not have been a penalty. But doing it at game speed on such a crucial drive is totally different.
What's funny is that Mike Perreira said today that if that play happened 10 different times with 10 different refs it would be called every time. Sorry, but that's total BS. I remember last year when we were playing the Lions and Alex Smith was sliding, the Lions safety took his forearm and bashed Alex's face. Alex got up bleeding from his upper nose and no call was made. I've seen other QBs take worse hits than that without a flag being thrown. There is definite favoritism in the league.
Hopefully this is the spark to set us on fire
Originally posted by DrewBrees713:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Again?? Pls tell me when did I played the race card before?? Then again you have only 2 posts which tells me your a newbie and your name?? Well, says it all!! Congrats on the win. Enjoy it and pray your 'aints won't play the Niners in the playoffs.

I meant to say again as in when people like you don't get what they wanted. Out comes the race card. When things don't go my way, I tend to overcome the obstacles instead of pointing the finger.

And I pray we do meet you in the PO. Your offense is downright sad. Only thing kept you in the game was the 3 TO we gift wrapped you yet you still lost. Your D is BEAST but don't count on multiple turnovers the 2nd time you play Breesus.
LOL. Yeah, that would be silly to think it could happen a 4th time in a row. Let's see, 2 INT's last year, 2 INT's and 3 fumbles in the NFCCG the year before and then 1 INT and 2 fumbles yesterday. By my count that is 3 straight of multi-TO games against the Niners, so maybe NO isn't really gift wrapping anything, maybe the Niners are playing a role in this. But hey, kudos to the Saints for finally winning one of these rare, multi TO games.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Brooks is going around an offensive tackle at 100 mph trying to sack a moving target in the 6' Brees in a split second. It's easy for us to sit back today and say if he aimed his arm a little lower it would not have been a penalty. But doing it at game speed on such a crucial drive is totally different.

I bet if he's in that situation again, he'll make sure not to go around the neck/head.
Lol. You are demanding that sort of precision on a guy about 6 feet 5 colliding at a high rate of speed with a guy not even 6 feet tall.

Brooks isn't 6'5" and he should know now that anything around the head their going to call.

I agree with the spirit and intent of the rule, but the NFLs insistence that the referees enforce it so stringently has put defense players in impossible situations.

I bet if he's in that situation again, he'll make sure not to go around the neck/head.

Yeh. He becomes a tentative emasculated defender from now on. Great for him.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by DrewBrees713:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Again?? Pls tell me when did I played the race card before?? Then again you have only 2 posts which tells me your a newbie and your name?? Well, says it all!! Congrats on the win. Enjoy it and pray your 'aints won't play the Niners in the playoffs.

I meant to say again as in when people like you don't get what they wanted. Out comes the race card. When things don't go my way, I tend to overcome the obstacles instead of pointing the finger.

And I pray we do meet you in the PO. Your offense is downright sad. Only thing kept you in the game was the 3 TO we gift wrapped you yet you still lost. Your D is BEAST but don't count on multiple turnovers the 2nd time you play Breesus.
LOL. Yeah, that would be silly to think it could happen a 4th time in a row. Let's see, 2 INT's last year, 2 INT's and 3 fumbles in the NFCCG the year before and then 1 INT and 2 fumbles yesterday. By my count that is 3 straight of multi-TO games against the Niners, so maybe NO isn't really gift wrapping anything, maybe the Niners are playing a role in this. But hey, kudos to the Saints for finally winning one of these rare, multi TO games.

Way to drop that knowelege :) our defense is legit!!!!
Worst part about the nfl refereeing is that there is no constancy....we all know Bress got the call on so called hit to the neck...meanwhile Kap gets tackled with a head lock and no call....don't change the way you Ref when the game is on the line...

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Like the saints overcame bounty gate? Lucky for you the NFL didn't make you return that trophy you earned by cheap shotting quarterbacks like you allege didn't happen to tthat weak little man brees with a cum stain on his face.

Return the trophy for cheap shotting QBs? I know you probably never played organized football in your whole life. If you did, you'd know in your heart every team has their own bounty. Don't kid yourself!!!! If you didn't know you're very naive.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN21m
The side-by-side photo comparison of tackles on Brees and Kaepernick does not take into account Kaepernick escaped pocket and was running.

lol

So a tackle around the neck is still ok?

Kaep was running...it wasn't an illegal hit. Neither was Brees hit. Brooks hit him just below the neck. But, there is no point complaining about refs. What Brooks should really question is...why did he even get close to the neck? He could have hit him 3 inches lower.

Yeah, Brooks should have known that anything close to the head would draw a flag. He should have went lower.

If there was no rule in place...he would have taken his head off. If he has learned to go near the neck rather than the head...he can learn to go 3 inches lower. Just like the refs are expected to make the correct call when two guys are colliding at a high rate of speed...you expect a professional athlete to make adjustments and learn to hit a little lower. If you watch the replay...he could have easily made that adjustment.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Hopefully this is the spark to set us on fire

Search and destroy
Goniners
Originally posted by 11OnDaField1NMyHeart:
from the PL

Originally posted by frankie:
Not to be a dick, love your confidence. But you do realize we played you with out our star reciever right?
Goniners

You do realize we played you without our star safety, a deep threat WR, a starting Lb, and Graham at 80% with a leg injury, right?

Injuries are part of the game. You just play with what your'e dealt with.
Share 49ersWebzone