LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Can Someone Explain How It Wasn't a Penalty?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN21m
The side-by-side photo comparison of tackles on Brees and Kaepernick does not take into account Kaepernick escaped pocket and was running.

lol

So a tackle around the neck is still ok?

It's always illegal. MM has slipped with his reporting.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The side-by-side photo comparison of tackles on Brees and Kaepernick does not take into account Kaepernick escaped pocket and was running.

lol

Only if he's out of the pocket.
Originally posted by niners94:

lol

It's always illegal. MM has slipped with his reporting.

Yup. The refs blew this call big time.
That's just the way it is. The NFL is going to protect its star players. The Money makers. Does anybody know if the 49ers sent in this play to the NFL to get a proper explanation as to what Brooks was supposed to do in that play?
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
A penalty wow gtfo I know people and family who played QB and football clean hit. Guys the refs f**ked us yet again but the offense didn't show up period!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

lol

Kaep was running...it wasn't an illegal hit. Neither was Brees hit. Brooks hit him just below the neck. But, there is no point complaining about refs. What Brooks should really question is...why did he even get close to the neck? He could have hit him 3 inches lower.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

lol

Kaep was running...it wasn't an illegal hit. Neither was Brees hit. Brooks hit him just below the neck. But, there is no point complaining about refs. What Brooks should really question is...why did he even get close to the neck? He could have hit him 3 inches lower.

Yeah, Brooks should have known that anything close to the head would draw a flag. He should have went lower.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Again?? Pls tell me when did I played the race card before?? Then again you have only 2 posts which tells me your a newbie and your name?? Well, says it all!! Congrats on the win. Enjoy it and pray your 'aints won't play the Niners in the playoffs.

I meant to say again as in when people like you don't get what they wanted. Out comes the race card. When things don't go my way, I tend to overcome the obstacles instead of pointing the finger.

And I pray we do meet you in the PO. Your offense is downright sad. Only thing kept you in the game was the 3 TO we gift wrapped you yet you still lost. Your D is BEAST but don't count on multiple turnovers the 2nd time you play Breesus.
Originally posted by mayo49:

lol

Yeah, Brooks should have known that anything close to the head would draw a flag. He should have went lower.

Lol. You are demanding that sort of precision on a guy about 6 feet 5 colliding at a high rate of speed with a guy not even 6 feet tall.

Seriously, dude. You mean to tell me the two pics you posted are identical in term of penalty?

Which one look more intent and malicious to you...C'mon man!

I'll wait....

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Lol. You are demanding that sort of precision on a guy about 6 feet 5 colliding at a high rate of speed with a guy not even 6 feet tall.

Brooks isn't 6'5" and he should know now that anything around the head their going to call.
I'll say it again, if there's no call and the 49ers go on to win the game, the "non-call" would NOT have been a national story. Moving on.
Originally posted by DrewBrees713:
Again?? Pls tell me when did I played the race card before?? Then again you have only 2 posts which tells me your a newbie and your name?? Well, says it all!! Congrats on the win. Enjoy it and pray your 'aints won't play the Niners in the playoffs.

I meant to say again as in when people like you don't get what they wanted. Out comes the race card. When things don't go my way, I tend to overcome the obstacles instead of pointing the finger.

And I pray we do meet you in the PO. Your offense is downright sad. Only thing kept you in the game was the 3 TO we gift wrapped you yet you still lost. Your D is BEAST but don't count on multiple turnovers the 2nd time you play Breesus.

Not to be a dick, love your confidence. But you do realize we played you with out our star reciever right? Post season would be a different story. We would be passing at will, and in turn will open the run. Now on the game congrats on the W. The call was b******t, tho agreed if hit was on kaep id be pissed also. Reason being for as good as line protected him that was a brutal hit! Great defensive play by brooks. If was dalton, romo, kaep, wilson no flags woulda been thrown. Good luck on your season. I pray we face ya guys again almost as much as the seahawks which we do play!
Good luck to greers recovery he is a classy player. Sucks seeing players get hurt on either side. But its a rough sport n s**t happens unfortunately
Hope we see each other in post season
Redskins here we come, bringing home that W
Goniners
Originally posted by DrewBrees713:

Like the saints overcame bounty gate? Lucky for you the NFL didn't make you return that trophy you earned by cheap shotting quarterbacks like you allege didn't happen to tthat weak little man brees with a cum stain on his face.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'll say it again, if there's no call and the 49ers go on to win the game, the "non-call" would NOT have been a national story. Moving on.

100% fact the highlight of the day for niners would be that hit alone with willis's fumble recovery!
Goniners
6 games til post season begins, keep the faith peoples
Share 49ersWebzone