There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Could McCoy be our Alex Smith???

they will live and die with kaepernick, as they should.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by hofer36:
chiefs dont have any more playmakers than niners...davis is better than any of their tes and bowe and boldin are fairly even....ditto charles and gore...smith right now is a superior qb to kaeprnick, pure and simple....

Completing less than 50% of his passes against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL, okay. He proved once more last night why this team traded him away, he is simply incapable of making the big plays when the other team is scoring points and that will never change.

This. We are talking about a QB with 9 years under his belt vs. a QB with much more talent and just about 1 season under his belt.

If Smith has not changed in 9 years, what would make people think he'd be any different now that he is gone?

I supported Smith when he was here and I'll support Kap the same way but the difference in ability is clear. When Kap isn't over-thinking he is a spark plug to the offense.

Kap is one of the most physically gifted QBs in the league. He's proven that he can do it before so IMO it's just a matter of time before it all clicks for him and he will be the QB we have all waited for. Most young guys slump in their second year. In fact, Drew Brees didnt become elite until his last year in SD.

People seem to forget that our passing offense struggled with Smith too. Other than the QB, nothing has changed with this offense. Gore is the work horse, our passing offense sucks, and our defense keeps us in games.

^^^thank you! we will be fine, we could VERY easily be 8-2 right now. and if that were the case no one would be complaining about kap
I actually hope his question comes true so we can trade his ass outta here like Smith
I'm probably as big of an Alex Smith supporter as there is in this forum. All I can say is...

Are you Fing kidding me?
Originally posted by NJNiner7:
^^^thank you! we will be fine, we could VERY easily be 8-2 right now. and if that were the case no one would be complaining about kap

That's not true. Winning despite Kap doesn't stop my complaining.
No, because Colt McCoy is still looking for James Harrison
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Did you watch the Broncos v Chiefs? What was the longest throw Smith made? 11 yards or so? Even during the last drive when they needed hail Mary type passes he was hitting checdowns and dump offs. He flat out refuses to throw the ball down field. He would be doing the same if he was here.

what does that have to do with our team this year and the guy who plays quarterback for us this year? who gives a s**t what another guy does in another game against another team. and i need to stop saying "another"
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Did you watch the Broncos v Chiefs? What was the longest throw Smith made? 11 yards or so? Even during the last drive when they needed hail Mary type passes he was hitting checdowns and dump offs. He flat out refuses to throw the ball down field. He would be doing the same if he was here.

1 you're off topic
2 you're no where near correct. His longest was 26 yards. And he would have had longer if it weren't for a huge number of drops.