There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Could McCoy be our Alex Smith???

NT just hit rock bottom. lol
Originally posted by verb1der:
NT just hit rock bottom. lol

This, people think if you put in a QB with a noodle arm that miracles will all of a sudden happen. Put in whoever you want at QB, the biggest problem is coming from upstairs in the booth, until they get the playcalling ironed and start calling an NFL level passing offense, nothing will change and this team will continue to come up short against good teams like they have through the past 2 1/2 seasons.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i like smith but we would not be 9-1 with alex this year. KC has a better team than we do with a better defense, better offensive coaches and playmakers.

Better defense??? Our defense basically held NO to 7 points and forced 4 turnovers (got screwed out of 1). The defense has been BALLING this season. If this offense wasn't so anemic then they would be better which is SCARY. And KC's play callers are just as bad as ours with all that speed and size they got on offense all they could muster up is 17 points against the Broncos. The Jags scored more points against them.
Lock this thread
you made a 2nd thread?
****modded****
[ Edited by boast on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM ]
I can't even believe I clicked on this thread. Kaep is not "mentally" where Alex was. I promise you Colt is not there either and he doesn't have the tools.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by hofer36:
chiefs dont have any more playmakers than niners...davis is better than any of their tes and bowe and boldin are fairly even....ditto charles and gore...smith right now is a superior qb to kaeprnick, pure and simple....

Completing less than 50% of his passes against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL, okay. He proved once more last night why this team traded him away, he is simply incapable of making the big plays when the other team is scoring points and that will never change.

This. We are talking about a QB with 9 years under his belt vs. a QB with much more talent and just about 1 season under his belt.

If Smith has not changed in 9 years, what would make people think he'd be any different now that he is gone?

I supported Smith when he was here and I'll support Kap the same way but the difference in ability is clear. When Kap isn't over-thinking he is a spark plug to the offense.

Kap is one of the most physically gifted QBs in the league. He's proven that he can do it before so IMO it's just a matter of time before it all clicks for him and he will be the QB we have all waited for. Most young guys slump in their second year. In fact, Drew Brees didnt become elite until his last year in SD.

People seem to forget that our passing offense struggled with Smith too. Other than the QB, nothing has changed with this offense. Gore is the work horse, our passing offense sucks, and our defense keeps us in games.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
no matter the quarterback, we have pass protection issues, clock management issues and play calling issues, . all roads lead to roman with express approval by JH roman is not responsible for this but we have to be among the leading teams in regards to penalties this year, even without goldson. I will also go against the company line and say the refs are not causing us to lose games, its our own stupidity
It isn't, IMO, Kap. It's the play calling.

He's unintentionally being set up to fail.

The perpetual changing the play at the line of scrimmage, causing wasted time outs, penalties and sacks because the plays they called were failures.

How many people are telling Kap what to do? JH, Roman - don't they see they're ruining this kid.
Originally posted by cciowa:
no matter the quarterback, we have pass protection issues, clock management issues and play calling issues, . all roads lead to roman with express approval by JH roman is not responsible for this but we have to be among the leading teams in regards to penalties this year, even without goldson. I will also go against the company line and say the refs are not causing us to lose games, its our own stupidity

Ding ding.
How is this thread not locked yet
Originally posted by 49erEgg:
Yes I am a Smith supporter. Yes I think we would be 9 -1 with him. Put McCoy in a lets get to the basics of this.offense and & quit relying on Kap to win the game. It doesnt help that Harbaugh keeps praising him. Even tonight he wasn't going through his progressions.

Will I be burned at the stake?

No, but you sanity maybe questioned.
Originally posted by barrymartin:
Originally posted by 49erEgg:
Yes I am a Smith supporter. Yes I think we would be 9 -1 with him. Put McCoy in a lets get to the basics of this.offense and & quit relying on Kap to win the game. It doesnt help that Harbaugh keeps praising him. Even tonight he wasn't going through his progressions.

Will I be burned at the stake?

No, but you sanity maybe questioned.

He's probably the same guy chanting "We want Carr" at the Stick.
Did you watch the Broncos v Chiefs? What was the longest throw Smith made? 11 yards or so? Even during the last drive when they needed hail Mary type passes he was hitting checdowns and dump offs. He flat out refuses to throw the ball down field. He would be doing the same if he was here.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home