There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SEASON'S BASICALLY OVER

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
we're still in the UEFA champions league

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/washington-offensive-lineman-trent-williams-alleges-officials-insulted-233612996--nfl.html
We are not going anywhere. That is for sure. We have such a joke for a QB.
You are effin stupid, you're not a niner fan your a fair weather fan. GTFOH and dont be a part of our fanbase.
Six wild card teams have done it before. I think if they get the right OC this team could make it seven.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Thank you so much for creating this thread. I can stop watching now that I know what happens in the end.

That was original.
there are plenty of games left. i dont think we will catch seattle but if we get crabs back within the next game or two and get some wins going, we can go into the playoffs with a head of steam.
Last #1 NFC seed to win the super bowl: 2009 Saints

EDIT: Last #1 NFC seed to win the super bowl before that: Probably the 1999 St. Louis Rams....(I throw this to show the percentage difficulty Seattle would have to overcome.....2 of the last 13/14 teams)

Last #1 NFC seed to make the super bowl before that: 2006 Chicago Bears

Last ten years of NFC seeds making the bowl:

2012 - 49ers #2
2011 - Giants #4
2010 - Packers #6
2009 - Saints #1
2008 - Cardinals #4
2007 - Giants #5
2006 - Bears #1
2005 - Seahawks #1
2004 - Eagles #1
2003 - Panthers #3
2002 - Buccaneers - #2

50/50 split of the NFC champs making it with a first round bye vs. playing in the wildcard round.

That's going back ten years. The recent history has been more relevant of course.

Interesting to note that the 2005 Steelers were the first wildcard to make the super bowl (I'm pretty sure on this), and as a 6 seed beat the #1 Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

With respect to our San Francisco 49ers......defensively the team is fine. I think once the offense gets into a groove and Crabtree comes back we will be in good shape. Whether it will be enough remains to be seen.

Last year's team certainly had higher peaks than this year, but we got hit with injuries at the worst time and whether we want to admit it or not, Kaepernick benefited from a lot of things going right last year to make him as successful as he was (no film on him, Delanie & Moss clearly were more valuable than we thought, pistol/read option was a problem for teams, and the lack of pressure as a backup QB trying to make it).

The playoffs you could see the issues coming up and what people don't realize is like today, we got a huge punt return break to blow a game wide open (Packers game may have ended in a rout, but it sure as hell didn't start that way.....and I'm not just talking the pick 6 either). Falcons 17-0 lead wasn't awesome either....and I won't touch the game in February.

I think the team's "veteran-ness" is definitely getting better each year in the Harbaugh era. It's not as appreciated because unfortunately the rest of the NFL obsessing over beating us has led to offensive struggles and a defense that doesn't always look ultra dominant. I and many others felt we would go into N.O. and play tough and possibly win, and that almost (should have) happened. Holding NO to 23 points in their dome considering everything I thought was pretty impressive.
5 or 6 seed......so long as the strong and HEALTHY 49ers show up in January, we have a very legitimate shot.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Nov 17, 2013 at 11:27 PM ]
Don't hate me fellas, I am a 49er fan... Just being realistic after watching the last 2 games... and I cant believe the part when TEDD GINN JR had a career day, against us.... sigh..
6 times out of 10 years your list shows a #1 or a #2. So it's good to be a high seed....
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I'm sure the Packers, Giants and Ravens fans all thought like u too the past couple years

None of them had the 32nd ranked passing offense. Watching Manningham come back at somewhere around 60% doesn't give me a whole lot of faith that Crabtree is going to save the day for us. It isn't over for us yet because anything can happen, but it doesn't look very good with how terrible Kap is playing. It isn't only a problem of not having targets, he can't read coverages and he can't tell who is blitzing.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Don't hate me fellas, I am a 49er fan... Just being realistic after watching the last 2 games... and I cant believe the part when TEDD GINN JR had a career day, against us.... sigh..

No you're not!

Panic much??
I'm not bowing to anyone!!
You're in denial my friend...

no you're just dumb

you're a joke! But wait...19 yards for Ginn might be a career day for him! But seriously you're a joke
You're what we called a BANDWAGON fan!!