There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Just as long as we peak at the right time, we're gonna be okay!

Originally posted by winningestqb:
to be honest, anything is possible. Let's not forget this team IS THE Superbowl favorite this year according to people that bet real money on the game... anything can happen, it's just depressing being this bad and having a backup QB as our QB. Any given Sunday.

go back to the chiefs forum troll
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Past 2 years this team has had a 1st round bye. It's time to face some adversity and get to the Super Bowl the hard way. It's all about getting hot at the right time. I can't even remember the last time a top 2 seed won the super bowl.

I'd have to look to be sure but my guess is when the Saints won. I think that Saints/Colts Super Bowl was the last time both teams were either #1 or #2
i agree. we've had some close/tough losses, and in at least 2 of our losses we clearly played well enough to win. critical mistakes/dropped balls/terrible call last night ...that mounts to a loss 9/10 times. i think we'll be ok, as has been said...its about whos hot going into the postseason
After 10 games into this season, I've reached a few conclusions:

- We're not as good as I thought we were.
- Our vaunted OL has been dominant at times, but mostly against lesser competition
- We haven't beaten a good team yet...unless you count the Packers in game 1
- Our defense has proven vulnerable at key moments in a number of games
- ST's have been good overall, but two huge mistakes yesterday were keys to us losing (82 yd KO return and Osgood's temporary loss of insanity)
- Our pass rush has been spotty, at best
- Too many teams have run well against us
- Way too many mistakes at key points in a number of games overall

All that said, I agree we're good enough to be a playoff team...but being good enough and showing it on the field may be two different things. I have little confidence now that we can beat Seattle on Dec 8th. With the rise of Carolina (tonight's game vs Pats is huge), there are no guarantees we'll be a wild card team. After their NE game tonight, Carolina has to play NO twice. Our toughest opponent is Seattle. Currently Carolina's ahead of us for a wildcard...'Zona, Chicago and Detroit are also 6-4 like we are. Philly's 6-5, but all of a sudden are a hot team. BL: we'd better get busy and put up some wins our our wildcard aspirations will disappear.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
If the f**king Ravens can do it like last year why can't we? Same with the Giants the year before

Perfect argument, Bravo!
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
If the f**king Ravens can do it like last year why can't we? Same with the Giants the year before

Both those teams had proven Qb's and offenses.

Flacco was a proven QB last year before the Superbowl? Granted he was good. But look at how BANGED up the Ravens were last year. I don't think anyone expected them to make a run. The Giants were in shambles too. Who knows.....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by scottym:

Perfect argument, Bravo!
those teams actually had a offensive coordinator, of course our JH can not do what his brother did. that would mean he is copying his brother and the ego of our JH can not take that

because they won their division and had home playoff games in the wild card round.