There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Just as long as we peak at the right time, we're gonna be okay!

Just wanted to jump in and say that although we've had some tough bumps in the road this season, we shouldn't feel like we have no chance to win in the playoffs.

This team is definitely good enough to get into the playoffs. Clearly we're not among the top 5 teams in the league right now, and obviously, we have offensive issues right now, and it's pretty likely that we're only going to get into the playoffs as a wild card. We're almost certainly going to have to play on the road against a Detroit or a Philadelphia... and even then, we'd have to play Seattle or New Orleans IN their home stadiums. Chances are, the December 23rd Falcons game will be the last game ever in Candlestick.

We've seen teams the last couple years have so-so regular seasons, and then all of a sudden, peak at the right times. It felt like every year, the New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers would do that. The Ravens weren't who I thought would be the AFC Champs at any time last season, yet they peaked at the right time. For us, given how many guys we've had injured, and the character of our team, I think we can be those guys this year.

So for the next 7 weeks, as fans, we should really watch closely to see if Kaepernick and the offense can improve, and whether the defense and special teams can maintain their high level of play. I'm watching to see how much Michael Crabtree improves us when we come back. From there, we'll have a better sense of what we can do, because quite frankly... the four losses we've had this season are NOT what the 49ers are all about.

So chin up, guys! We'll get better because our #1 WR is coming back and our young QB keeps getting more experience. When the playoffs come, we all know that it's an entirely new ballgame.
Crabs comes back for the Seahawks and we beat them 48-0
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Just wanted to jump in and say that although we've had some tough bumps in the road this season, we shouldn't feel like we have no chance to win in the playoffs.

This team is definitely good enough to get into the playoffs. Clearly we're not among the top 5 teams in the league right now, and obviously, we have offensive issues right now, and it's pretty likely that we're only going to get into the playoffs as a wild card. We're almost certainly going to have to play on the road against a Detroit or a Philadelphia... and even then, we'd have to play Seattle or New Orleans IN their home stadiums. Chances are, the December 23rd Falcons game will be the last game ever in Candlestick.

We've seen teams the last couple years have so-so regular seasons, and then all of a sudden, peak at the right times. It felt like every year, the New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers would do that. The Ravens weren't who I thought would be the AFC Champs at any time last season, yet they peaked at the right time. For us, given how many guys we've had injured, and the character of our team, I think we can be those guys this year.

So for the next 7 weeks, as fans, we should really watch closely to see if Kaepernick and the offense can improve, and whether the defense and special teams can maintain their high level of play. I'm watching to see how much Michael Crabtree improves us when we come back. From there, we'll have a better sense of what we can do, because quite frankly... the four losses we've had this season are NOT what the 49ers are all about.

So chin up, guys! We'll get better because our #1 WR is coming back and our young QB keeps getting more experience. When the playoffs come, we all know that it's an entirely new ballgame.

We won't be in the playoffs.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Well we peaked in week 1, so that doesn't seem too good going forward.
Yeah, but you'd figure Kaep would have progressed by now, but he's regressing. Is he like a like lion taking two steps back before he attacks!

But yeah, if we can figure out this offense and the D and S/T remains consistent we can defeat any team with ease. We just lost two games with an inept offense by a total of 3 points to two teams who are currently 14-5 combined.
...like Peter North.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Yeah, but you'd figure Kaep would have progressed by now, but he's regressing. Is he like a like lion taking two steps back before he attacks!

But yeah, if we can figure out this offense and the D and S/T remains consistent we can defeat any team with ease. We just lost two games with an inept offense by a total of 3 points to two teams who are currently 14-5 combined.

This is true what you say about Kaepernick, and by no means are our offensive woes a small issue. We've got a BIG problem now, but I truly think that Crabtree is going to spark the offense. He's NOT going to be the same Crabtree he was last season, but just having him back will spark things. Players go through slumps and Kaepernick is definitely slumping right now. He's got 7 weeks to get it back together because we can't make a playoff run with an ineffective quarterback. Teams go through adversity EVERY season, and this one is definitely the one we have right now.
[ Edited by Wubbie on Nov 17, 2013 at 6:03 PM ]
Here is the response to the eternal optimist:

Great post! I agree, go 49ers!
It's true, you never know what can happen in this league especially with one-game playoffs. If you just take a look at the Ravens at this time last year, they looked like dogs**t with a horrible offense, slightly-over-.500 record, and even a player mutiny against the coaching staff. Yet somehow, they fire their OC, Ray Lewis decides to be a drama queen and they get red hot to win it all. Circumstances are different for the Niners though because they aren't in a position to win their division anymore like the Ravens still technically were, but all I know is in the last decade, the teams that look the most impressive during the season have never been the ones to actually win it in the end.
[ Edited by biggiep on Nov 17, 2013 at 7:18 PM ]
If the f**king Ravens can do it like last year why can't we? Same with the Giants the year before
It could happen but those teams had more of a pulse on offense than we did, particularly the Giants. Flacco also played the best football he will ever play in last year's playoffs. Given that we don't have any huge FAs next season, I think that next year might be our best shot, as depressing as that may be right now, it may be the most realistic outlook.

However, with Crabtree back, if the offense can at least get to the middle of the road territory, I think we are that one team that no one will want to play come the playoffs. We can emulate those teams but we have to get in first. The playoffs are a whole new season, we're horrible on O and we had the best offense and a top 2 team in the NFC beat, until the refs beat us. With a better O we would have shut the door on these guys today. O-line needs to come together and Kap needs to get his head our of his ass, stop overthinking and just play (like that play that broke down and he improvised, Gore ultimately dropping what would have been a huge gain/TD). We will make it hard on ourselves, playing an extra game and going on the road but the Giants have done it.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
If the f**king Ravens can do it like last year why can't we? Same with the Giants the year before

Both those teams had proven Qb's and offenses.
wake up...crabtree is no jerry rice....keep dreaming if you think this offense will wake up, the coordinators are too p***y to throw the ball to anyone else not named davis or boldin....

they play the field like if it was a living room...no room to stretch it and playcalling is within 10 yards...thats why you get all the stacked boxes....p***y playcalling motherf**kers

and if anything...Kyle Williams is lucky to be out of this WR hell hole....this is where WR's come to die...
[ Edited by ninerfreak on Nov 17, 2013 at 7:47 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home