LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh's Loyalty Towards His Coordinators

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Jim Harbaugh's Loyalty Towards His Coordinators

We can't even pass against a 9 man box. Single coverage on the outside with limited help over the top. They dared us to take shots deep, and we didn't even try it. Not even to get them to back out of their 9 man front. Ridiculous.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 17, 2013 at 5:37 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
He better stay loyal to Fangio. Roman can kick rocks.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He's too loyal to his coordinators to get rid of anyone. Jed has to be the one to force his hand.

I hope Jed broke a few chairs in the locker room after this loss.
The defense is fine....the offense is god awful. watching the eagles game earlier today I was wishing Nick Foles was our QB. Such a big difference watching a QB go through his progressions, trust his WR's, find the 1 on 1 coverage and taking shots.

No Kaepernicks panic/hailmaryesque throw to Baldwin doesnt count.
[ Edited by Stanley on Nov 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He's too loyal to his coordinators to get rid of anyone. Jed has to be the one to force his hand.

I hope Jed broke a few chairs in the locker room after this loss.

If he's anything like his uncle, then I hope he smashed a TV and kicked a soda machine in.
the defense is without blame period.

the offense is the total problem
In all honestly Fangio hasn't been an issue. I'd like to think that our DBs need a little bit of coaching but were playing with a rookie FS, missing our #3 CB who played starter % of snaps, and somehow Whitner is offsetting this with one of the best years of his career. Sure we need to get more creative with blitzes and rushing but I have a hard time faulting Fangio on a whole and especially after holding the saints to 23 points at home. Individual matchups cost us on defense.

Roman on the other hand is terrible and situational football and I believe that our offense is far too complicated having a run game coordinator, a passing game coordinator, and having Harbaugh veto or okay all plays before it is sent in, we line up, and adjust in the span of 35 seconds is a clusterf**k I do not want.

I really believe that we need a new OC that has a single approach and Harbaugh gives him the reigns completely because at this point I'd rather we fired Roman and let Jim call the plays on the sideline.

I think there's something to be said about Fangio getting by on the talent of the players on defense. Not completely, but with things like lack of creativity on pass-rush packages is just one of those things.

The one thing that I would fault him for, certainly, is the lack of use of our depth on defense like Lemonier, Dial and Carradine. Especially with guys being out or playing injured.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
We can't even pass against a 9 man box. Single coverage on the outside with limited help over the top. They dared us to take shots deep, and we didn't even try it. Not even to get them to back out of their 9 man front. Ridiculous.

Yeah, SofaKing, it certainly is mindboggling. We had better offensive scheming on my high school football team.
In all honestly Fangio hasn't been an issue. I'd like to think that our DBs need a little bit of coaching but were playing with a rookie FS, missing our #3 CB who played starter % of snaps, and somehow Whitner is offsetting this with one of the best years of his career. Sure we need to get more creative with blitzes and rushing but I have a hard time faulting Fangio on a whole and especially after holding the saints to 23 points at home. Individual matchups cost us on defense.

Roman on the other hand is terrible and situational football at I believe that our offense is far too complicated having a run game coordinator, a passing game coordinator, and having Harbaugh veto or okay all plays before it is sent in, we line up, and adjust in the span of 35 seconds is a clusterf**k I do not want.

I really believe that we need a new OC that has a single approach and Harbaugh gives him the reigns completely because at this point I'd rather we fired Roman and let Jim call the plays on the sideline.

This. This isn't college football, either Harbaugh needs to take over the playcalling or he needs to hire an OC that can call both the run and pass and has autonomy to come up with their own playcalls period.
Originally posted by AutographDynasty:
I think there's something to be said about Fangio getting by on the talent of the players on defense. Not completely, but with things like lack of creativity on pass-rush packages is just one of those things.

The one thing that I would fault him for, certainly, is the lack of use of our depth on defense like Lemonier, Dial and Carradine. Especially with guys being out or playing injured.

If Carradine still isn't playing next week, I'm going to be pissed.

Originally posted by Stanley:
The defense is fine....the offense is god awful. watching the eagles game earlier today I was wishing Nick Foles was our QB. Such a big difference watching a QB go through his progressions, trust his WR's, find the 1 on 1 coverage and taking shots.

No Kaepernicks panic/hailmaryesque throw to Baldwin doesnt count.

Give Chip Kelly Kaepernick, VD, McDonald, Boldin, Gore, LMJ and Manningham....and I guarantee this offense becomes a lot more effective and explosive overall. The playcalling clearly indicates that the coaches have no clue how to use the talent they have on offense.

The defense has really good personnel. We can argue about whether Fangio is getting the most our of them. IMO, no. I think he can't scheme a good blitz when he needs to. He goes soft. He also should have seen Aldon had nothing to offer physically this game and sat him down.

The refs messed up on a great sack by Brooks. What garbage. If you can't hit QB just put that in the rules. Just play tag football with the QB, if that's what everyone wants. At least there will be no confusion.
There's nothing wrong with our coordinators.

We probably should have invested in another veteran wide receiver or two, but hindsight is 20-20.

Kaep's first full season as QB has been a little underwhelming. You going to blame a coordinator for that?

We lost our best pass rusher to substance abuse problems and he still doesn't look to be quite all the way back yet. You gonna blame a coordinator for that?

Face it -- the breaks are not rolling our way this year. It's not the fault of our coordinators.

It is what it is.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

If Carradine still isn't playing next week, I'm going to be pissed.

The only way a rookie cracks the lineup at midseason is due to injury or if the team is out of it.

Get serious. Playing Carradine smacks of desperation.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Give Chip Kelly Kaepernick, VD, McDonald, Boldin, Gore, LMJ and Manningham....and I guarantee this offense becomes a lot more effective and explosive overall. The playcalling clearly indicates that the coaches have no clue how to use the talent they have on offense.

This. I'm tired of blaming the personnel. The personnel is nowhere near as inept as this coaching staff is making them out to be. No coaching staff gets less out of their offensive talent like this one. Embarrassing to the nth degree.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 17, 2013 at 5:48 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone