There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Harbaugh's Loyalty Towards His Coordinators

Jim Harbaugh's Loyalty Towards His Coordinators

The coordinators approach this season have been full of questions and criticism that there is wonderment if Harbaugh will make a change in either front at the end of the season

But

Will he make such a move?

Seems that Jim has had these coordinators for a long while, including the Stanford years. He brought along with him when hired to ride the ship. Now will he pull the plug on either one or both after all those years those guys have done for him

The only hope is if they are up for other opportunities in either college or pro in head coaching. Other than that, there's this "good ole boys" feel to this because these types of regime keep loyal to their coaches until an opportunity opens up.

I know there are some hoping but will Jim trealize its time to tinker things a bit.

UP ABOVE: What should Harbaugh do at the end of the season with his two coordinators.
[ Edited by robniner on Nov 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM ]
Fire Morton and Roman. We cant develop receivers and the offense is so inconsistent.
The reason the SB trophy is hanging out in Baltimore is because John has the balls that Jim doesn't.

The only way Roman is leaving is if he gets a coaching gig, Jim isn't going to fire him.
No way I fire any defensive coaches. They are all doing really well. It's Roman, Mangini, Morton and Solari. Also, Harbaugh hasn't shown too much loyalty to players (maybe Williams but still cut). Look at Jenkins and Alex. Yet seems like he will with the coordinators. Really might want to think about calling the plays himself and moving on from Roman. Might be too soon but something to thing about.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 17, 2013 at 5:27 PM ]
Originally posted by linkboy:
The reason the SB trophy is hanging out in Baltimore is because John has the balls that Jim doesn't.

The only way Roman is leaving is if he gets a coaching gig, Jim isn't going to fire him.

Maybe the Chiefs will hire him?
He's too loyal to his coordinators to get rid of anyone. Jed has to be the one to force his hand.
harbs needs to take over play calling duties.
poST#4 gORE_21 No no that great. Where was Lemonier today? We played barfing DT Aldon, and he poruced nothing. That's ok -- he'll get right later. But why not Corey? Plus, we really messed up on some calls only rushing 3-4 on Brees. We can never do that on Brees. We can never rush 4 or less on a QB like Brees. Unless we have 3 all pros on the line which we don't.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
He's too loyal to his coordinators to get rid of anyone. Jed has to be the one to force his hand.

This. The defensive staff is doing well, the offensive staff looks like s**t, he put together a bunch of guys with records of mediocrity or no records at all, hell Roman was coaching high school football in 2008 and his entire coaching background is a TE/OL coach. They aren't getting the job done other than perhaps Rathman. Even Solari who I had high hopes for can't be said to be doing well considering the OL's nonstop issues with pass blocking. As far as I'm concerned,Roman, Chryst, Morton, Curry, Drevno, Davis all can GTFO as soon as possible.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
The whole offensive coaching staff needs to be under serious review. I don't know who's in charge of what, but looking at that "two minute drive" at the end of the game let's me know the staff is pretty bad. Food enough to eat bad teams because all they have to do is call running plays, but completely inept at the passing game.
Will prevent us from winning a superbowl
Originally posted by linkboy:

Sadly I agree, Roman isn't going anywhere if Jim has anything to do with it.
Originally posted by Antix:
The whole offensive coaching staff needs to be under serious review. I don't know who's in charge of what, but looking at that "two minute drive" at the end of the game let's me know the staff is pretty bad. Food enough to eat bad teams because all they have to do is call running plays, but completely inept at the passing game.

This. Anytime they beat down some s**tty team, people on here typically overreact and talk about what a genius Roman is by simply taking advantage of an undermanned team. They are 1-4 now against teams with better than .500 records.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
poST#4 gORE_21 No no that great. Where was Lemonier today? We played barfing DT Aldon, and he poruced nothing. That's ok -- he'll get right later. But why not Corey? Plus, we really messed up on some calls only rushing 3-4 on Brees. We can never do that on Brees. We can never rush 4 or less on a QB like Brees. Unless we have 3 all pros on the line which we don't.

Yeah we aren't blitzing enough and as for Aldon seems like he was out of shape and gained weight while away. Didn't look like his old self. I wouldn't say Fangio is perfect by far but you better damn well believe our D staff is a hell of a lot better than our O staff. I'm more worried about the O staff; I'll worry about the D staff not being perfect when the O staff is putting a competent offense out on the field.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
In all honestly Fangio hasn't been an issue. I'd like to think that our DBs need a little bit of coaching but were playing with a rookie FS, missing our #3 CB who played starter % of snaps, and somehow Whitner is offsetting this with one of the best years of his career. Sure we need to get more creative with blitzes and rushing but I have a hard time faulting Fangio on a whole and especially after holding the saints to 23 points at home. Individual matchups cost us on defense.

Roman on the other hand is terrible and situational football at I believe that our offense is far too complicated having a run game coordinator, a passing game coordinator, and having Harbaugh veto or okay all plays before it is sent in, we line up, and adjust in the span of 35 seconds is a clusterf**k I do not want.

I really believe that we need a new OC that has a single approach and Harbaugh gives him the reigns completely because at this point I'd rather we fired Roman and let Jim call the plays on the sideline.
[ Edited by sfout on Nov 17, 2013 at 5:41 PM ]