There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Truth is.... We're just not good enough...

Originally posted by Roy_Otis:
Explain to me how the "niners hung with Seattle" when they got embarrassed and lost by 26 points, and only scored 3?
I think we can put to rest that Seattle is only a good home team, they are 5-1 on the road, and admit it or not are loaded with talent.

Did you watch the game? It was 5-0 at halftime. 12-3 going into the 4th qtr. Wilson passed for 142 yards 1td and 1int. Their leading receiver had 50 yards on 1 catch. Defense held Lynch under 100 yards rushing on 28 carries. It wasnt until the 4th quarter where things really fell apart. A similar sack of Wilson wiped out by a penalty occured twice I believe this game on Aldon and Ahmad Brooks to continue drives which allowed them to score tds. Sure the offense was shut down but that game was competitive and close until the 4th quarter. We stood toe to toe but fell in the end. Seattle is the better team but I dont think its by miles. Niners need to fix their offense.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
giants won the superbowl by losing the whole season and entering the playoff as a wildcard.maybe the 49ers can do the same.

i'm gonna keep saying it until its tattooed in peoples brains, the giants won their division.

I think he's referring to their 2007 season. -They barely made it into the wildcard round with the #6 seed (while losing to the Pats in the final game didn't hurt their conference differential). Almost every team the Giants beat in the post-season (including Superbowl) were teams that beat them in the regular season.

Only two years later, another #6 won the Superbowl, the Packers (also beat teams that beat them in the regular season). The next year a #4 seed, and the next year a #4 again. Oh and the 2005 Steelers, #6 seed (8-8). -In fact, it's actually been documented on NFL Top 10 that the #4 & #6 seeds are the lucky tickets to the big dance.

All five of these teams started their seasons beat-up, without key personnel, with (then) mid-tier QBs who got hot n' healthy in the final two weeks of the regular season, and the momentum carried over into the playoffs, beating up exhausted bye-week teams.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 18, 2013 at 2:18 PM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
giants won the superbowl by losing the whole season and entering the playoff as a wildcard.maybe the 49ers can do the same.

i'm gonna keep saying it until its tattooed in peoples brains, the giants won their division.

I think he's referring to their 2007 season. -They barely made it into the wildcard round with the #6 seed (while losing to the Pats in the final game didn't hurt their conference differential). Almost every team the Giants beat in the post-season (including Superbowl) were teams that beat them in the regular season.

Only two years later, another #6 won the Superbowl, the Packers (also beat teams that beat them in the regular season). The next year a #4 seed, and the next year a #4 again. -In fact, it's actually been documented on NFL Top 10 that the #4 & #6 seeds are the lucky tickets to the big dance.

All four of these teams started their seasons beat-up, without key personnel, with (then) mid-tier QBs who got hot n' healthy in the final two weeks of the regular season, and the momentum carried over into the playoffs, beating up exhausted bye-week teams.

i get the hope, but people also forget how many under performing wild card teams fail each year. we can all point to 2 or 3 examples of when it worked. but for every one of those there is many many more who fall on their face. its sad our only angle now if "hey there 2 or 3 teams beat the odds, so can we"
Originally posted by hubbyt:
Did you watch the game? It was 5-0 at halftime. 12-3 going into the 4th qtr. Wilson passed for 142 yards 1td and 1int. Their leading receiver had 50 yards on 1 catch. Defense held Lynch under 100 yards rushing on 28 carries. It wasnt until the 4th quarter where things really fell apart. A similar sack of Wilson wiped out by a penalty occured twice I believe this game on Aldon and Ahmad Brooks to continue drives which allowed them to score tds. Sure the offense was shut down but that game was competitive and close until the 4th quarter. We stood toe to toe but fell in the end. Seattle is the better team but I dont think its by miles. Niners need to fix their offense.

Of course I did, the game wasn't as close as the score. Kap and the offense was dead on arrival and played that way the whole game. Again, 3 friggin' points!
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Only two years later, another #6 won the Superbowl, the Packers (also beat teams that beat them in the regular season). The next year a #4 seed, and the next year a #4 again. -In fact, it's actually been documented on NFL Top 10 that the #4 & #6 seeds are the lucky tickets to the big dance.

All four of these teams started their seasons beat-up, without key personnel, with (then) mid-tier QBs who got hot n' healthy in the final two weeks of the regular season, and the momentum carried over into the playoffs, beating up exhausted bye-week teams.

i get the hope, but people also forget how many under performing wild card teams fail each year. we can all point to 2 or 3 examples of when it worked. but for every one of those there is many many more who fall on their face. its sad our only angle now if "hey there 2 or 3 teams beat the odds, so can we"

I can totally see your point, but to be honest, the past Superbowl winners have been crap teams lol. -I still think the '11 Giants were the worst Superbowl winners in history since the '86 Giants. There's a lot of creepy-to-do with not having a bye week, momentum can just suffocate teams.
Originally posted by Roy_Otis:
Of course I did, the game wasn't as close as the score. Kap and the offense was dead on arrival and played that way the whole game. Again, 3 friggin' points!

It was a close defensive battle for 3 quarters. Nothing wrong with your opinion though. In the end yes the final score wasnt close but it was a game until the 4th qtr. Offense was pathetic back in week 2 and pathetic now but it was a different game than the prior 42-13 beat down.
This is why you must win the Super Bowl when you have the chance. Super Bowl slump is real. Injuries have/continue to kill us and I just don't think we're as dominant of a team as we were the last two seasons. Can we rebound? I feel confident that we can but let's face it, this is a lost season. Super Bowl shouldn't even be in our vocabulary at this point. This is not a Super Bowl contending team, nor a team that can make a deep run in the playoffs. Sorry folks but that's the reality of the 2013 49ers. I've accepted this awhile ago, I'm just ready for this disaster season to end.

First of all, I believe Roman needs to be gone by the end of the year and he can take Morton (WR "coach") and Chryst with him. Changes MUST be made to the offensive coaching and coordinating personnel. Can't develop WRs for nothing, we have an unsophisticated passing attack, and the play calling is mind numbing. We're eerily beginning to resemble what we looked like offensively under Singletary-Nolan and I swear, it's like Jimmy Raye is in the booth calling plays.

As for Kap, I guess it would be plausible to say he has regressed but the fact is, he was extremely raw and deemed a project coming out of college. He had such a great season last year that many of us, including myself, disregarded that. He's not a polished or refined passer yet and while I believe he'll eventually get it, it's obvious he has a long way to go in his development at this point. In the meantime, he needs to continue to work through the slump and we can hope he will rise above the learning curve, patch up the deficiencies in his game, and eventually develop into the QB we all believe he can be. But just in case, the need for a solid back up is a must in next years draft, Kap needs a push and more competition to light a fire under him. If he just can't get it together, we might have to move on and I hope that will not be the case.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
This is why you must win the Super Bowl when you have the chance. Super Bowl slump is real. Injuries have/continue to kill us and I just don't think we're as dominant of a team as we were the last two seasons. Can we rebound? I feel confident that we can but let's face it, this is a lost season. Super Bowl shouldn't even be in our vocabulary at this point. This is not a Super Bowl contending team, nor a team that can make a deep run in the playoffs. Sorry folks but that's the reality of the 2013 49ers. I've accepted this awhile ago, I'm just ready for this disaster season to end.

First of all, I believe Roman needs to be gone by the end of the year and he can take Morton (WR "coach") and Chryst with him. Changes MUST be made to the offensive coaching and coordinating personnel. Can't develop WRs for nothing, we have an unsophisticated passing attack, and the play calling is mind numbing. We're eerily beginning to resemble what we looked like offensively under Singletary-Nolan and I swear, it's like Jimmy Raye is in the booth calling plays.

As for Kap, I guess it would be plausible to say he has regressed but the fact is, he was extremely raw and deemed a project coming out of college. He had such a great season last year that many of us, including myself, disregarded that. He's not a polished or refined passer yet and while I believe he'll eventually get it, it's obvious he has a long way to go in his development at this point. In the meantime, he needs to continue to work through the slump and we can hope he will rise above the learning curve, patch up the deficiencies in his game, and eventually develop into the QB we all believe he can be. But just in case, the need for a solid back up is a must in next years draft, Kap needs a push and more competition to light a fire under him. If he just can't get it together, we might have to move on and I hope that will not be the case.

I couldn't have said it better. This offense is starting to resemble the crap of yester-years.. And It's painful to watch. For those waiting on Crabtree to come back and be this savior of the offense, I think you're in for a rude awakening. We have fundamental flaws on offense..... The scheme is not working and needs to be addressed or changed soon or the season will be lost.
its funny because every single team that beats us think its good enough

we lost to the colts and they were saying its their biggest win of the year and they still do even after beating the broncos

lose to the panthers and it makes them legit in the nfl

just lost to the saints and drew brees is saying that our defense has no weaknesses and it took everyone to beat a team of this caliber and also saying its a character building and momentum builder

every single team that has managed to win uses it as their talking point to what they're capable of doing.

so while many might not feel we're not good enough.. the opponents we face certainly do.

Now we lost 3 of these games with only half of the team showing up.

any game the offense even pulled half of its weight has been a laugher

so

maybe if we can get that side of the ball going we can decide on whether or not we're good enough.

it's not as if we're playing our best on offense and just can't compete

its completely a scheme issue

calling play issue

and qb/wr issue
HUGE part of the problem.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/2013/11/18/nfl-week-11-49ers-cry-foul-offense-struggling-jarrett-bell-column/3634891/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomNfl-TopStories+%28USATODAY+-+NFL+Top+Stories%29
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
its funny because every single team that beats us think its good enough

we lost to the colts and they were saying its their biggest win of the year and they still do even after beating the broncos

lose to the panthers and it makes them legit in the nfl

just lost to the saints and drew brees is saying that our defense has no weaknesses and it took everyone to beat a team of this caliber and also saying its a character building and momentum builder

every single team that has managed to win uses it as their talking point to what they're capable of doing.

so while many might not feel we're not good enough.. the opponents we face certainly do.

Now we lost 3 of these games with only half of the team showing up.

any game the offense even pulled half of its weight has been a laugher

so

maybe if we can get that side of the ball going we can decide on whether or not we're good enough.

it's not as if we're playing our best on offense and just can't compete

its completely a scheme issue

calling play issue

and qb/wr issue

This. If we even get average production from the offense, we kill 3 of those teams.

SEA...we gotta come full speed with all three phases.
I'm tired of hearing people say we're not a playoff team. We just lost 2 tough, close games vs. 2 of the hottest teams in the league. Just because those games didn't turn out in our favor does not mean we're not good enough. One or 2 plays different and it's a whole different scenario. It's not always going to be rosy path to the playoffs.

We're just as much as a playoff team as ...CHI, GB, DET, DAL, CAR, PHI, AZ are.
Seahawks are just too good.
Originally posted by NinerWhiner1:
Seahawks are just too good.

C'mon troll, at least be original. Talking crap in somebody else's house would get ya shot in some places. Luckily this is only the interweb. While the 49'ers are having Offensive issues, don't think for a moment that on "Any Given Sunday" that snake can't turn and bite any team, including the Seahawks, in the a$$. There's still a boatload of talent on the roster.

That being said, I like my team's chances in any game, home or away.
Lucky Im not at Candlestick, I might get stabbed!

All im saying is 42-13! LMFAO