There are 273 users in the forums

Truth is.... We're just not good enough...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hubbyt:
If we get in the playoffs were going to have to beat some kind of combination of New Orleans/Carolina/Seattle on the road. These are the best teams in the NFC. If we can't do that then we were not good enough in the first place. The good news is we've stood toe to toe with all 3 teams even amidst our issues/struggles offensively. We just need to turn the corner and make some type of improvements these last 6 weeks. It's sad that our bye week seemed to go to waste because the offense needs a makeover and it doesnt appear we added any new wrinkles. I hope the coaches are open to trying new things down the stretch. The current scheme just isnt gonna cut it.

Explain to me how the "niners hung with Seattle" when they got embarrassed and lost by 26 points, and only scored 3?
I think we can put to rest that Seattle is only a good home team, they are 5-1 on the road, and admit it or not are loaded with talent.
42-13!
Im a die hard Niner since 2010, and We need David Carr!

WE WANT CARR! WE WANT CARR! WE WANT CARR!
Originally posted by NinerWhiner1:
Im a die hard Niner since 2010, and We need David Carr!

WE WANT CARR! WE WANT CARR! WE WANT CARR!

Good Bye
Come on, it was not that bad. One call going our way and it would have been all good.

And one special teams' penalty...
Originally posted by SneakySniper:
Come on, it was not that bad. One call going our way and it would have been all good.

we got a total gift by the saints db channeling his inner leon lett.
Originally posted by SneakySniper:

Please. Even if the penalty wasn't called on the sack, the Niners would've promptly gone 3-and-out, and NO would have driven right down the field for a FG or TD. Same on the Osgood penalty...it still would have come after a pathetic excuse of an attmepted 2-minute offense by the 49ers, and NO still would have marched merrily along for the winning FG, only they would've had 15 more yards of offense.
our lack of protection from our o-line is becoming a huge issue. then begins the trickle down effect ot bad qb descision making. they need to sack up, and also can we get a freaking pass rush? how many dropbacks did Brees have wit hall day to throw
Originally posted by wailers15:
our lack of protection from our o-line is becoming a huge issue. then begins the trickle down effect ot bad qb descision making. they need to sack up, and also can we get a freaking pass rush? how many dropbacks did Brees have wit hall day to throw

At least 35, maybe 40...
giants won the superbowl by losing the whole season and entering the playoff as a wildcard.maybe the 49ers can do the same.

Originally posted by Rocket4989:
giants won the superbowl by losing the whole season and entering the playoff as a wildcard.maybe the 49ers can do the same.

i'm gonna keep saying it until its tattooed in peoples brains, the giants won their division.
Originally posted by crabman82:

i'm gonna keep saying it until its tattooed in peoples brains, the giants won their division.

Last time I checked you don't have to win your division to win the super bowl
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I believe it was the Steelers that won the whole thing as a 6th seed.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I believe it was the Steelers that won the whole thing as a 6th seed.

steelers in 2005, packers in 2010 and also denver in 1997. yes its been done, but 2 things 1) its rare and 2) i dont like how people act like its an ok spot to be in. almost all wild card teams fail, 3 teams doing it before means nothing to me. relying on being 'that team' in january is like hoping your wife sheds that extra 30 pounds.

"DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Share 49ersWebzone