LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Truth is.... We're just not good enough...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
when you lose close games the difference is coaching

you lose by 1 to the panthers lose by 3 to the saints in new orleans

that means you're talented enough to win the games

the coach is the one who lost it and jim and greg has cost us 4 games now
so
it just is what it is

That's a freaking broad stroke.

It's also simply not true...when we were sucking in the past decade there were a lot of games we came up just short against good teams..guess what...we sucked..we weren't close. Sure the coaching was bad...but the roster was NOT talented.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Who would have thought the bye week would have done more harm than good? We were on a roll before the bye

we were playing s**tty football teams. it goes no deeper than that competition has been raised. nothing more.
good lord crab, i just do not understand why people can not see what you see. all these excuses and rolling out the shock and awe that we have played so bad as of late,, I am sorry but this year that is what we do
We're good enough to beat the saints in the New Orleans i have no idea how we're not good enough
Originally posted by cciowa:
Who would have thought the bye week would have done more harm than good? We were on a roll before the bye

we were playing s**tty football teams. it goes no deeper than that competition has been raised. nothing more.
good lord crab, i just do not understand why people can not see what you see. all these excuses and rolling out the shock and awe that we have played so bad as of late,, I am sorry but this year that is what we do

I wouldn't exactly call the Jags a s**tty football team. Oh - no, actually, I would.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
There is especially no excuse for the SECOND CONSECUTIVE WEEK having a remedial offense that can't generate even 200 yards and is an effing embarrassment. I had a glimmer of hope that after the abortion last week vs Carolina that the light bulb above HaRo's head went on, that they saw the light and realized they need CK to take quicker/shorter drops, get receivers moving ACROSS the field, not just always running straight line routes, scheme plays for playmakers, e.g. screens to LMJ, reverse to Manningham, etc.

But no, it was more of the same. I wasn't even too upset on the BS call on Brooks, because even if the Niners would've got the ball, I fully expected a prompt 3-and-out and NO would've just drove back down the field anyway. Was there a doubt in ANYONE'S mind that once NO did tie the score at 20-20 that the 49ers wouldn't run a PATHETIC attempt at a 2-minute offense and that they would give the ball back to NO with plenty of time to score?
Sad to say....I had no doubt that they would get the ball back and score

And it would've happened regardless of the Osgood penalty...NO was going to drive down the field and kick a FG. This is still a very good defense, but it's not the consistent shut-down D we've seen in the past...I get it the offense is a joke, but as we just saw last week and then yesterday, at critical end-of-game moments, the defense just can't get off the field. Believe me, not trying to start a line of discussion saying the defense sucks...instead just saying the way things are going, I had absolutely no doubt Carolina would convert that 3rd & 8 last week, and was resigned to the fact the Niners offense would suck a** with 2 minutes left, give the ball back with plenty of time, and NO would kick a FG.

So we were playing s**tty teams during our 5 game winning streak and now all of a sudden those same s**tty teams (rams and cardinals) are going to beat us and cause us to miss the playoffs?
Did anyone else think the TD to Vernon play call was going to be exactly what this offense needed when Roman had Kaep roll out to the right to find VD in the endzone? I thought the light may have finally gone off for Roman and we would call more effective plays. NOPE. Right back to predictable 1st down runs into the middle of the pile for 1yd every time. Aside from some nice catches from Boldin, we would have went 3 and out almost every series.
three changes need to be made in order for the 49ers to be elite:

get rid of Roman-He's not an NFL OC. He's remedial at best. Pheonix has a great list of candidates in the nfl talk thread to choose from. I would love to take Hue Jackson FWIW.

revamping the WR core. This team NEEDS to spend 2 early picks on WR's. This core, outside of Boldin, hasn't delivered. A huge part of it is scheme and play calling, but the WR's are not getting open, period. We need a deep threat and a reliable big bodied WR. (sorry baldwin) I think we need to run 4WR sets more often and with the newly acquired speedster and big bodied WR, they could compliment Boldin and Crabs.

revamping the DL core. This dline has been getting beat at the LOS BAD. It's embarrassing to watch this DL play. They're good against lesser competition, but against the elite, they often times disappear. I don't know what Tank will bring to the table but we need a true NT that commands double teams for the run and another DL to take on double teams on passing downs. (Justin Smith in his prime) The play of Smith and Mcdonald has diminished soooo much. It just makes the job of the LB's that much more difficult.

Every thing else is very good IMO. The QB will benefit greatly on a new OC and a revamp WR core. And the QB will definitely benefit knowing he has a defense that is soo ferocious and feared once again.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
So we were playing s**tty teams during our 5 game winning streak and now all of a sudden those same s**tty teams (rams and cardinals) are going to beat us and cause us to miss the playoffs?

if they have a winning record nothing is for sure with this team.

i suspect we'll beat both of them, but here is my issue, what do we learn from doing that? in the playoffs there are no average teams, they've played 16 games to filter those guys out. we'll win enough to get into the dance, but what will we do when we get there?

i suspect we'll beat both of them, but here is my issue, what do we learn from doing that? in the playoffs there are no average teams, they've played 16 games to filter those guys out. we'll win enough to get into the dance, but what will we do when we get there?

This team is too talented. All we have to do is get in. Going into this years playoffs the Niners are going to be the team no one wants to face
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, basically I think that's what he's saying.

This team is too talented. All we have to do is get in. Going into this years playoffs the Niners are going to be the team no one wants to face

thats what we as fans would love to believe. i'm still hopeful and havent given up. i dont however like citing the giants or ravens as they both won their division and got the advantage of home playoff games in the wild card round, we will not have that luxury.

thats what we as fans would love to believe. i'm still hopeful and havent given up. i dont however like citing the giants or ravens as they both won their division and got the advantage of home playoff games in the wild card round, we will not have that luxury.

I will never give up hope until we are mathematically eliminated. Didn't the Packers and Steelers win Super Bowls as 6th seeds?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

crab, how much longer are you going to be out?
Share 49ersWebzone