LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Truth is.... We're just not good enough...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think we rebound in Washington next Monday, and win at least 4 more for the #6. It's gonna be a three-headed race for three weeks, two headed for two, and the final week decides the #6.
Big Fast Physical WR's should be a priority in the offseason...stretch the motherf**king field open mid range options and with gore and the RB stable we have we should be good...

problem is this FO can't draft a WR and they're too pussies to develop and don't know what to do ...
2nd week in a row we were held under 200 yards total offense. Not since the '07 season has that happened.

3.7 yards per pass....3.5 yards per play.

These are hideous numbers. Truly horrific.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Nov 17, 2013 at 7:38 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
2nd week in a row we were held under 200 yards total offense. Not since the '07 season has that happened.

3.7 yards per pass....3.5 yards per play.

These are hideous numbers. Truly horrific.

and they won't change with roman
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Big Fast Physical WR's should be a priority in the offseason...stretch the motherf**king field open mid range options and with gore and the RB stable we have we should be good...

problem is this FO can't draft a WR and they're too pussies to develop and don't know what to do ...

i dont know why but our organization doesnt place much of a value on big fast wide receivers. they go after every position of need aggressively except that one
This thread is fail, we have one of the most talented rosters from top to bottom. Problem is when your #1 wr is out and no one steps up other than 2 receiving options it's gonna look ugly. On top of that you have a Neanderthal calling plays and a coach that won't do anything about it. The issue with this team is the offense hands down and that will be why we won't win the division and be on the road during the playoffs if we get there
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
This thread is fail, we have one of the most talented rosters from top to bottom. Problem is when your #1 wr is out and no one steps up other than 2 receiving options it's gonna look ugly. On top of that you have a Neanderthal calling plays and a coach that won't do anything about it. The issue with this team is the offense hands down and that will be why we won't win the division and be on the road during the playoffs if we get there

So you think Crabtree will magically solve all the offen I don't think so..We have some fundamental flaws that we're not addressing. AND UNTIL those are addressed we will continue to struggle..
  • bors
  • Veteran
Personally i think our pass protection i below average.the middle of our pocket is continually blown up.it all starts on the line.
Originally posted by bors:
Personally i think our pass protection i below average.the middle of our pocket is continually blown up.it all starts on the line.

yup kap has zero time back there
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NJNiner7:
Originally posted by bors:

yup kap has zero time back there

that is a issue no matter who the quarterback is or was.. clock management has not changed for the better either. as i said, the same s**t keeps happening in the games we lose and the coaches are either unable or unwilling to fix it or they are just plain incompetent . that may be pretty harsh on JH but it is not on roman in my opinion. besides JH just lets roman do what he wants so he is just as much to blame

• boast
  • Hella Fame
sub-par coaching and sub-par QB play.
I remember the Baltimore Ravens were having a similar problem around this time last year. Then they fired Cam Cameron, their OC, and started winning winnable games to get their confidence back. Once they squared up with tough opponents, they used their momentum and aggressive attitude to punch teams in the mouth, and made an incredible run to the superbowl. The superbowl could have gone either way, but they definitely deserved to win.

Now back to our team, we look just as bad as they did last year around this time. But the only way for us to get back on our horse is to invoke some SERIOUS change. I'm looking at Roman, and maybe even Baalke with the way he brings in crap receivers and cuts talented players (Daniels, Cooper). I still like Baalke, but we need some serious change.

In addition, it's time for our TRUE leaders to step up. I get everyone is supposed to Rally around the Quarterback, but Colin is young and needs to take a step back from the limelight, he is NOT ready for it. Patrick Willis, Frank Gore, Justin Smith and Vernon Davis, it's gut check time. How tough is your team? Are you guys as close as you think you are? Don't yall remember what it felt like to lose? Because how great was it to win after how bad we sucked for so many years? Don't let your team slip into that dark mentality. Band these guys together, regroup and come out swinging. If there is one group of guys that would never go down swinging, it's the guys I just mentioned because that is the exact reason why they are still here today.

The matter of whether this is our year or not is entirely up to the organization, I am merely a spectator just hoping that they get their stuff together and play like they want it. I am going to hope that we can resurrect our season and play good football, but if we don't then it just wasn't meant to be. But where does it all start?

It starts with making changes, and it starts with our leaders. Lets go niners!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Fact is, when Crabs went down in the offseason our chances to get back to the Bowl took a serious hit. Another year for our injured players to re-cooperate and another good draft, we should contend for sure next year.
Originally posted by boast:
sub-par coaching and sub-par QB play.

Yes sir!!
Originally posted by jays9ers:
So you think Crabtree will magically solve all the offen I don't think so..We have some fundamental flaws that we're not addressing. AND UNTIL those are addressed we will continue to struggle..

On this team? Yes. It's not just having Crabtree, it's how his presence puts everyone back into their normal roles making them all more valuable and productive.

Boldin and Manningham will no longer be a #1 and 2, they will be #2 and #3 raising their value immensely. Not to mention that Davis will be freed up a lot more. In theory, this receiving core should be head and shoulders over last years.

Crabtree will also alleviate some of the play-calling, defenses will have to give us different looks and not stack the box as often. But the coaches do have to gameplan better and call better plays to help this team succeed.
Share 49ersWebzone