LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

Truth is.... We're just not good enough...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yeah, it sucks. What makes it worse is that Seattle is that good... and they're young.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
It was a fun 2 years with this personal, but it looks like it is heading to a downward spiral.

lol dont be a drama queen.

A 1 point loss to an elite D and a last second FG loss on the road against an elite team is hardly a "downward spiral". We won this game, and the refs took it away.

All that said, we have a young, developing QB. Even having a winning record is impressive.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Hate to say it folks.. We're just not good enough to compete for a championship this year. The offense IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.. Plane and simple. The defense is really good, not great but really good. But the offense just isn't getting it done. We need more play makers on offense and possibly a new offensive scheme. Sooo yea. Until we address our issues, more pass rush, more WR's, better offensive philosophy then we will continue to just be good enough to beat the bad teams and lose to the elite..

i have been optimistic all season but this is the truth...i think our "window" should be open for a few more years though...gotta make the right adjustments and get figure out this offense. THe "no weapons to throw to" argument is not workin for me anymore...sophmore slump hopefully
The Saints were one of the Best teams in the League...They set a record last week...and their Defense has been great this year.

And they were playing at their house, which they are undefeated so far this season.

we outplayed them, imo.

They have better personnel on offense and a better play caller. They won at the end because of this....on top of the b******t calls by the Refs.

so I think we ARE more than good enough....but Roman is holding us back in my opinion.

Kaep is playing like a second year Starter who has great potential is playing...still has to grow. Cam went through his slump last year... I think Roman and Harbaugh are not making it easier for Kaep and the Oline. We are too predictable.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM ]
My belief is we are suffering from catastrophic QB mojo loss. Kap is more to blame than receivers. Who was Tim Rattay theowing to to get 300 yd games? Shaun Hill for that matter.

Kap lost his confidence when it appeared he was unshakable. We were wrong about him. He has gone in the tank. I honestly think Colt McCoy is better than Kap when he is playing like he is now.
Originally posted by Niners99:
What would happen if everyone posted their thoughts in the form of a new thread though? Im not trying to be a dick, I just dont get why people think their specific opinion means more than the people keeping their thoughts in pre-existing threads.

I hear ya man. I didn't go sifting through each specific thread, just thought I'd state my opinion. No hard feelings either way. We're all frustrated with this loss, just trying to discuss the facts and what we can do better.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
It's more on Harbaugh than it is on Roman in my opinion. The buck stops with Harbaugh at the end of the day. He approves the gameplans. He's got the play sheet in front of him, and he'll veto any call he objects.

I don't think Roman is going to be let go at the end of the year - he signed a 2 year extension in the offseason.

The problem is the core Harbaugh ideology of intricate playcalls to confuse the opposing defenses with jumbo, power, heavy, pistol, and odd shifts that create only a select number of weapons. When it works, it's like a beautiful piece of art.

When it doesn't work, it's the art you find in the toilet after eating taco bell. And it hasn't been working. Too many delay of games/forced time outs. Too many nonsense shifts. Too many audibles.

And worst of all - no rhyme or reason for substitutions or rotations. Really? LaMichael James up the gut on a 3rd down? Really? Throwing the new TE in the mix with shifts when he's still so damn raw? 5 and 7 stop drops when a run would have been the ideal play call?

Open up the playbook. Less Bruce Miller. More John Baldwin. Less Vance McDonald. More Mario Manningham. Less Jumbo. More Spread.

And most importantly, get the RBs involved in the passing game.
Originally posted by TrailerParkMan:
My belief is we are suffering from catastrophic QB mojo loss. Kap is more to blame than receivers. Who was Tim Rattay theowing to to get 300 yd games? Shaun Hill for that matter.

Kap lost his confidence when it appeared he was unshakable. We were wrong about him. He has gone in the tank. I honestly think Colt McCoy is better than Kap when he is playing like he is now.

lol
Originally posted by GEEK:
It's more on Harbaugh than it is on Roman in my opinion. The buck stops with Harbaugh at the end of the day. He approves the gameplans. He's got the play sheet in front of him, and he'll veto any call he objects.

I don't think Roman is going to be let go at the end of the year - he signed a 2 year extension in the offseason.

The problem is the core Harbaugh ideology of intricate playcalls to confuse the opposing defenses with jumbo, power, heavy, pistol, and odd shifts that create only a select number of weapons. When it works, it's like a beautiful piece of art.

When it doesn't work, it's the art you find in the toilet after eating taco bell. And it hasn't been working. Too many delay of games/forced time outs. Too many nonsense shifts. Too many audibles.

And worst of all - no rhyme or reason for substitutions or rotations. Really? LaMichael James up the gut on a 3rd down? Really? Throwing the new TE in the mix with shifts when he's still so damn raw? 5 and 7 stop drops when a run would have been the ideal play call?

Open up the playbook. Less Bruce Miller. More John Baldwin. Less Vance McDonald. More Mario Manningham. Less Jumbo. More Spread.

And most importantly, get the RBs involved in the passing game.

Yeah. We've been posting this for 3 weeks now. Won't get heard.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
It was a fun 2 years with this personal, but it looks like it is heading to a downward spiral.

lol dont be a drama queen.

A 1 point loss to an elite D and a last second FG loss on the road against an elite team is hardly a "downward spiral". We won this game, and the refs took it away.

All that said, we have a young, developing QB. Even having a winning record is impressive.
Agree except it's not impressive to have a winning record. We should have a winning record we were in the Super Bowl last year....
Originally posted by Afrikan:
The Saints were one of the Best teams in the League...They set a record last week...and their Defense has been great this year.

And they were playing at their house, which they are undefeated so far this season.

we outplayed them, imo.

They have better personnel on offense and a better play caller. They won at the end because of this....on top of the b******t calls by the Refs.

so I think we ARE more than good enough....but Roman is holding us back in my opinion.

Kaep is playing like a second year Starter who has great potential is playing...still has to grow. Cam went through his slump last year... I think Roman and Harbaugh are not making it easier for Kaep and the Oline. We are too predictable.
We should have won that game. I don't know what I'm more disgusted about, that AWFUL roughing the passer call or that BONE HEADED play by osgood

Hate to say it folks.. We're just not good enough to compete for a championship this year. The offense IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.. Plane and simple. The defense is really good, not great but really good. But the offense just isn't getting it done. We need more play makers on offense and possibly a new offensive scheme. Sooo yea. Until we address our issues, more pass rush, more WR's, better offensive philosophy then we will continue to just be good enough to beat the bad teams and lose to the elite..

This a true post!!!
Not now, but this s**t ain't over!
Originally posted by Archie:

This a true post!!!

Plane?
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Nov 17, 2013 at 6:49 PM ]
We are good enough. Trade coaching staffs with the Saints and we'd be 9-1. Hell, just trade coordinators because I feel Harbaugh is a good head coach, but GR is a bad OC.
What was worse was the TV talking heads defending that stupid call, over and over, how when JH saw the replay he would agree with it....stupid. Like they showed it over and over and still they were talking on and on about something that didn't happen. It was like one of their relatives made the call...

Both the bad call, and numerous no-calls when Niners were held in pass patterns, and Gore's drop all conspired against the Niners. Osgood's play was the least of it.
Share 49ersWebzone