There are 237 users in the forums

Kap or playcalling?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Kap or playcalling?

Originally posted by avi8or:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Where is Alex when you need him. Everyone, including me drank the CK Kool Aid. He has got to go. His doesn't have the intelligence to play the QB position. He may have the athletic ability but certainly not the smarts. He and Greg Roman are dreamers in the midst of reality. Clearly the coaching staff have no clue and they keep feeding the players as well as the media the same BS every week. "Who has is better than us?" "Every team we play!" One man (Crabtree) does not make a team. CK needs to get that he sucks as a play caller and so does GR. Get a clue SF, you have some of the greatest players in the NFL, but your coaching and leadership (CK), suck!

Completing less than 50% of his passes against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL?

lol thank you.

Where is Alex when you need him. Everyone, including me drank the CK Kool Aid. He has got to go. His doesn't have the intelligence to play the QB position. He may have the athletic ability but certainly not the smarts. He and Greg Roman are dreamers in the midst of reality. Clearly the coaching staff have no clue and they keep feeding the players as well as the media the same BS every week. "Who has is better than us?" "Every team we play!" One man (Crabtree) does not make a team. CK needs to get that he sucks as a play caller and so does GR. Get a clue SF, you have some of the greatest players in the NFL, but your coaching and leadership (CK), suck!

Completing less than 50% of his passes against one of the worst secondaries in the NFL?

lol thank you.

Yet still winning games

Trade schedules, and I think the W-L results are a lot closer than you might think.

Until this week, KC has yet to play a team over .500, and they played 5 back up QBs in their 9 wins.

Put that team up against the Niners schedule this year, and I really do not think they are even in the conversation with Denver.

lol thank you.

lol thank you.

Yet still winning games

And Smith has a completion % of almost 60 while Kaep is only 56. Do your homework!
And Smith has a completion % of almost 60 while Kaep is only 56. Do your homework!

doing the same thing he was doing here. throwing 5 yard passes.

same thing we could continue to do.

game on the line right now they throw a screen pass lol

1st good team they play
1st loss
WELL LETS SEE!!!!....

i saw at least 5 times tonight on first down, with at least 10 sec left in the play clock, where the saints literally had 10 guys in the box, they were playing 4 LBs and 5 DTs with a CB press coverage 1 on 1 on the outside. ONE WOULD f**kING THINK than an audible would be called...

even joe "i dont know s**t about football" buck, caught on to our scheme. greg roman is turning out to be like dingleberry when it comes to his stubbornness and refusal to give up something that was clearly just not working.

go back and rewatch the game if you can stomach it, 1st down run, 2nd down pass. it was amazing how vanilla our gameplan was today. if it wasn't for our ST and defense, this would've been a blowout.

Kap has done more than enough to show than he can lead aa offense and is more than capable of making great throws. but dingleberry II seems to be feeding into his success from a year ago.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Nov 17, 2013 at 9:09 PM ]
Somehow we're supposed to think that Kaepernick is a worse QB than Henne or Campbell? I just think that its a further indictment of the 49ers playcalling. There are teams with lesser QB's and less talent on offense doing more with it, meanwhile the 49ers are doing less with the talent than they have than anyone else in the NFL.

I 100% agree 1000%

Actually, he just finished under 50% for the game against Denver, not that it really matters, but against a s**tty secondary with a lot of open guys, he still missed a lot of passes. Anyone who thinks he'd be doing any better than Kaepernick with this garbage playcalling and injuries is out of their minds, bat-s**t, kicked in the head by a mule crazy. The first time KC needed the offense to step up and make plays and they couldn't get it done, he's the same limited guy as always.

I love Kaepernicks potential and ceiling but the playcalling has to be there, right now I don't even know what to call this offense, its so over the place and erratic that it is really beyond description.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM ]
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Kaepernick is not a championship quarterback, its obvious from watching him play he is not intelligent enough to run a dynamic offense. He may be a decent NFLmquaterback some day but never championship caliber. They should give him his walking papers, don't get invested in him, and look to the draft for a future superstar.

Yeah, because leading a team to the Superbowl and carrying them while the defense decided to take a big dump all over the place wasn't enough.

So many f**king trolls on this website now, its truly amazing.

Not trolling son he is the worst starting qb in the league this year. Last year doesn't matter, especially to those paying the bills.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
WELL LETS SEE!!!!....

i saw at least 5 times tonight on first down, with at least 10 sec left in the play clock, where the saints literally had 10 guys in the box, they were playing 4 LBs and 5 DTs with a CB press coverage 1 on 1 on the outside. ONE WOULD f**kING THINK than an audible would be called...

even joe "i dont know s**t about football" buck, caught on to our scheme. greg roman is turning out to be like dingleberry when it comes to his stubbornness and refusal to give up something that was clearly just not working.

go back and rewatch the game if you can stomach it, 1st down run, 2nd down pass. it was amazing how vanilla our gameplan was today. if it wasn't for our ST and defense, this would've been a blowout.

Kap has done more than enough to show than he can lead aa offense and is more than capable of making great throws. but dingleberry II seems to be feeding into his success from a year ago.

EXACTLY lol

the answer has been clear i asked the question how many losses is it going to take?

is it going to take him ruining a season where we could easily be 9-1 right now???

6-4 is unacceptable. completely last 2 games losing by combined 4 points

that is coaching
not talent.
I do think that the play calling has been mostly garbage. I do think that up to this point its been a mix of play calling, quarterbacking, and playmaking.
I think that all are actually getting to the point that we we can improve

Today Gore was out in pass patterns more than all the other games combined, so it seemed. Thats an improvement,
Kaep isn't making some plays, thats true. But he had a huge drop by Baldwin, and another by Gore that would have changed the game as well as his stat lines.
Last week it was McDonald dropping one in his breadbasket.
We need guys to make plays when they're available.
50-50 they both suck this year. Kaps young and can get be fixed. Sad part is nothing will change because Harbaugh is a stubborn a*****e who will stand by his s**tty offensive coaches

Kap

He needs to learn how to manage a game
I have been of Adrian's position for since ever. I have been for schidtcanning roman immediately. Who will call the O plays then? Hell, I don't know, but I do know what happens when numb nutz up in the box calls them...we lose against elite teams. So what if JH calls his own plays like Payton, Bellichek, shanny, and others? Sure those guys have OCs. but they call their own O plays. Anyone really think JH could be as bad as roman? I sure don't and unless we play weak sister teams, roman is going to take this team down with him. NOW is a great time to fire him...with prejudice, for malfeasance and ineptitude. Bring Jim Harbaugh in to call the O. Roman has demonstrated futility against any elite team. His philosophy of only two targets and using trickery to get one receiver open is just blatantly stupid and flies in the face of what 31 other NFL teams do.

As for kap, roman is killing him with his horrid playcalling. For his part, kap is killing our team with his indecisiveness, his incredible inaccuracy ( heck yeah, he throws one or two good passes per game, but c'mon). Kap's decision making is pathetic. He can't throw the ball to a guy wide open (Like Boldin 3 times today, one for a certain TD)...and boldin again let Kap know it. Boldin is getting depressed at kap's inability to find him, and then to get the ball near him. I don't blame him, either. Kap has not just backslid, he has fallen off a cliff. Wow, I sure hope he improves for next yr. He and roman don't deserve to go to the playoffs this yr, and we probably won't. Kap's inability to pull the trigger on guys wide open is a mystery. He has lost all his confidence, and seemingly has to think and think and think before he winds up and finally, way too late, throws the pass. There were at least half a dozen obvious ones today, and another dozen less obvious. Somebody, Aikman, maybe, said his wind up takes to long. B.S. Kap can't think that fast. He can't decide whether to throw the ball or not. And folks, in a QB, that is a real killer.

That leaves Jim Harbaugh, Coach. I have given him a pass time after time, but after today, I cannot forgive him for keeping such a nimblewit as OC which is just dragging this team down further and further. Also for a guy known to be a QB whisperer, he has had a major derailment with kap...and still getting worse. So I guess it is time to say the HC deserves as much blame as his inept OC and Qb. Both those guys have declined on his shift, and if he doesn't see that, then he is nowhere near the HC we all thot he was. It will show me a lot if he fires roman on Monday...somebody said keep roman around to call the running plays---are you kidding me? Get roman gone, off campus, make him go elsewhere. Whatever we need...roman is not it. And since he has stayed this long, I blame that on some very bad talent evaluation by JH. Roman is for losers...the tampa bays, jags, etc. He has no business on the 49ers, and JH keeping him here another day just proves that JH is really blinded by just how bad, inept, futile, roman really is. Having his Qb regress to pre-college days, is another issue. Lots of talent, and so far it has been not taken care of. JH did well with alex, so we know he has talent coaching Qbs. Lord, please don't tell me our anointed Qb is not able to learn NFL football. That would make me sick all over again.
I'm not sure, but I think Kaepernick, Roman, and Harbaugh are all responsible for this 32nd ranked monstrosity that they are trying to pass off as an NFL passing offense. Roman and Harbaugh are supposed to design and call plays that make passing easy for the QB. They did it with Luck at Stanford and with Smith the last two years... they even did it for Kap last year.

One thing I would hope that we can all agree with is that Kap seems completely overwhelmed and in over his head. He has looked lost every game this season except for the Packers game. It is Roman's and Harbaugh's job to notice this and keep it simple for him, clearly the complexity of the current offense is too much for a guy with so few starts. Although this is the part I don't freakin understand, he didn't look this confused and lost last season... and I'm guessing it is because the pistol offense hid this from us.

We've all noticed that Kap locks on to Boldin and VD, and who can blame him since everyone else seems completely incompetent. The problem is that he can't tell when they are going to roll coverage onto Boldin and VD and when they do he still stubbornly waits for them to somehow beat that coverage and that eventually leads to a sack or him running towards the sideline and allowing the defense a chance to recover and stop him from running for a 1st down and settling for maybe a 3-5 yard gain.

I prefer the disappointment of hoping that Alex Smith would finally get it and become a top QB over this feeling of seeing Kap be an amazing QB and now turning into a guy who does more to lose the game than he does to win it.
Kap just doesn't see the entire field; takes way to many sakes.Last year when things broke down, Kap could make it happen with his legs.This year he has been a total flop and Sf is last in passing !
Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Kap just doesn't see the entire field; takes way to many sakes.Last year when things broke down, Kap could make it happen with his legs.This year he has been a total flop and Sf is last in passing !

Pretty sure he's been told not to run, you could see it early in the season and again today, he had opening after opening to take off and go but he has hesitated all season. As others have stated, it seems like he was over-coached, has too many voices in his head, trying to change the way he plays and he doesn't know up from down or left from right at this point. They need to back off and just let him be, the same way Carolina let Cam Newton be. I don't know what the future holds for Kaepernick but I do know that right now, this system that they are running with the "designated receiver" and other nonsense, it is not helping his long-term development at all, they are sacrificing his long-term for short-term gain which isn't materializing as they may not even make the playoffs now.
Share 49ersWebzone