There are 254 users in the forums

Kap or playcalling?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Kap or playcalling?

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Joecool:
You guys are all wrong, if Gore and Baldwin make those catches; easy win and Kap is a hero.

never mind that
lol

kap was supposed to throw it and catch those passes too.

it was off by a centimeter to the left therefore rendering their hands useless and therefore completely being on kap

just last week it was he doesn't look to gore enough.

i point out gore hasn't been out in the field of play

he's out in the field of play as an option and what does he do? did he throw it deep or did he dump it off to gore on more than one occasion

i wonder if he would be able to read defenses if they gave him multiple options every time

i wonder if he could run if they allowed him to run on broken down plays

I was actually being sarcastic. I think if a QB relies on a couple of plays to decide the game, than that QB is not playing well enough and missing other opportunities that will produce a win.

To me, Kap is playing like crap.
You guys are all wrong, if Gore and Baldwin make those catches; easy win and Kap is a hero.

never mind that
lol

kap was supposed to throw it and catch those passes too.

it was off by a centimeter to the left therefore rendering their hands useless and therefore completely being on kap

just last week it was he doesn't look to gore enough.

i point out gore hasn't been out in the field of play

he's out in the field of play as an option and what does he do? did he throw it deep or did he dump it off to gore on more than one occasion

i wonder if he would be able to read defenses if they gave him multiple options every time

i wonder if he could run if they allowed him to run on broken down plays

I was actually being sarcastic. I think if a QB relies on a couple of plays to decide the game, than that QB is not playing well enough and missing other opportunities that will produce a win.

To me, Kap is playing like crap.

Kraep
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dwy621:
I'm tired of kaep getting the ball hiked late. It's pretty much at 1 second when he snaps the ball. Wasting timeouts is getting old. How long does it take someone to figure it out.

This is the single most frustrating thing and signals how inept our offense is. Always happened on 3rd down when we need a play. It happens all the time whether we play good or bad teams.

This offense is bad and its everybodys fault. Roman doesn't know how to play to Kaps strength and Kap isn't a playmaker. Gore dropped a big pass that prob lost us the game. Everybody on offense is bad and that includes Miller Boldin Davis and Gore, the only four people to make plays on our team all season. Its not going to get any better. We'll look decent against bad teams and everybody will forget how bad it really is but we won't do anything with this offense the way it is.
Originally posted by NinersEverywhere:
Harbaugh/Roman/Chryst/Kaepernick/Oline... the entire sistem SUCKS!!!

Word. They have successfully taken the quarterback with the strongest arm in the NFL and turned him into Scott Tolzien.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by NinersEverywhere:
Harbaugh/Roman/Chryst/Kaepernick/Oline... the entire sistem SUCKS!!!

Word. They have successfully taken the quarterback with the strongest arm in the NFL and turned him into Scott Tolzien.

feels more like jimmy raye days then it does any version of a WCO
I have to also say that romans calls are... who calls a dive play with lmj on 3rd down??
  • dj43

Come on, Joe. You know it goes deeper than that.

Yes, Gore should have caught that ball even though it was far from a perfect throw.

Yes, Baldwin should have held the one he caught, however, if that same play is run out in the middle of the field it is a completed pass.
scott tolzien has thrown for 339 yards today and 250+ last week i believe for the packers.

here? he could barely throw for 30 yards

what changed between here and there?

talent?

ability to read defenses?

lol

Could it be that Tolzien may actually be a solid backup QB? That couldnt be it could it?

I seriously have begun to question ALL of the offensive talent evaluation this season. Tolzien stuck around as the third QB for so long here for a reason. He is a strong student of the game, and a solid gamer. I like to think of him as a more gifted, young, Shaun Hill. But instead of keeping Tolz, we have mcblt for the 5th time or some s**t.

Please no one misread my statement as me saying Tolzien is better than Kap.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Could it be that Tolzien may actually be a solid backup QB? That couldnt be it could it?

I seriously have begun to question ALL of the offensive talent evaluation this season. Tolzien stuck around as the third QB for so long here for a reason. He is a strong student of the game, and a solid gamer. I like to think of him as a more gifted, young, Shaun Hill. But instead of keeping Tolz, we have mcblt for the 5th time or some s**t.

has nothing to do with being better than kap
but he could be a solid backup but when on the field what did he produce in this system. that's the point.
the system that he was running here passing wise it was horrible right?
and then he goes there and he lights it up...
just like rogers just like flynn fundamentally the system would lend itself to any capable qb... vince young even looked good in it for the brief stint he was there didn't he?

see what i mean
as the patriots line up in power every down and run or play action pass run or play action pass all quick

lol

we don't have the personnel to do that i guess

totally not the play calling

jesus christ they're running the wham????

lmao
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

has nothing to do with being better than kap
but he could be a solid backup but when on the field what did he produce in this system. that's the point.
the system that he was running here passing wise it was horrible right?
and then he goes there and he lights it up...
just like rogers just like flynn fundamentally the system would lend itself to any capable qb... vince young even looked good in it for the brief stint he was there didn't he?

see what i mean

He looked amazing in preseason in SD, And he didnt look any worse in preseason here than any other QB IMO. Kap looked horrible as well the year before he took over midseason, then he balled out, and now he looks horrible again. Its not as easy as just saying any QB would succeed in that system. Tolzien is an always has been a solid NFL backup IMO. Maybe never more than that, but he would really fit the backup QB mold perfectly for most NFL teams.

My point is, the talent evaluation as of late has been horrible for offensive personnel.
I cant believe the Niners are in this position. And at that, watching the season slip away from them. Im bummed that i dont see Boldin coming back for this. I like him, i want him back. But he signed up for a Championship team and this is not what anyone seen coming. I clearly thought would have sealed the Division. Love my team, but greatly disappointed.
Play calling sucks. The timing is worse.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/2013/11/18/nfl-week-11-49ers-cry-foul-offense-struggling-jarrett-bell-column/3634891/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomNfl-TopStories+%28USATODAY+-+NFL+Top+Stories%29
Cohn's article on Kap's regression is dead on. He doesn't come out and say it, but could it be that Kap just isn't smart enough to absorb all that he needs to be an elite QB, and what he is absorbing is beyond his capability so far? Right now, I'd take Wilson over him; about the same amount of experience but worlds apart in performance. The confidence, pocket presence, ability to improvise, accuracy, delivery when it counts, etc. The edge to Wilson in almost every category. Truly, unless you're a rabid homer, all the blame can't be put on Roman and the system. The mental aspects, like running out of bounds instead of running the clock down. Not knowing all the timeouts were used up. Taking what seems like almost every play down to the last second of the play clock, and often beyond! A very disappointing season from a QB we all expected great things from. As another poster has noted, this looks like the Kap that was so unimpressive in preseasons.
Share 49ersWebzone