LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Kap or playcalling?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Kap or playcalling?

It's a bit of everything. Lack of speed on offense. Lack of creative game plan/calls by coaches to adapt to their players to maximize their talent. DC have figured out Harb/Roman's passing offense. OL struggles in pass protection, along with Kaep's growing pains since defense have adjusted to him.
[ Edited by sacleads on Nov 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM ]
Originally posted by sacleads:
It's a bit of everything. Lack of speed on offense. Lack of creative game plan/calls by coaches to adapt to their players to maximize their talent. DC have figured out Harb/Roman's passing offense. OL struggles in pass protection, along with Kaep's growing pains since defense have adjusted to him.

adjusted to jim and greg.
all kap does is run the plays, if they know the play types before he even snaps can predict exactly when we will pass and when we will run and can cut out things they know for a fact we won't do.

its hard to thrive in a situation like that
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
It's both. Good QBs still find ways to make plays regardless of coaching.

The thing that really bugs me this season about Kaep is - he's not able to avoid pass-rush as frequently as he did last year. He's a second too late to realize that he's in trouble and by that time - it's too late. That has nothing to do with coaching...I just feel he's not 100% focused.

...and that pass to Gore...wow. Gore should have caught it...but that was a very poorly thrown ball too. You gotta put that ball higher. That was the game.
Originally posted by 4ML:

The thing that really bugs me this season about Kaep is - he's not able to avoid pass-rush as frequently as he did last year. He's a second too late to realize that he's in trouble and by that time - it's too late. That has nothing to do with coaching...I just feel he's not 100% focused.

...and that pass to Gore...wow. Gore should have caught it...but that was a very poorly thrown ball too. You gotta put that ball higher. That was the game.

That was a CATCHABLE BALL don't Blame Kaep for that one ball was not that poorly thrown what a cop out
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrouter4949:

That was a CATCHABLE BALL don't Blame Kaep for that one ball was not that poorly thrown what a cop out

lol...I said Gore should have caught it. It doesn't change the fact that it was a bad pass. Gore is a big RB...he isn't the most agile receiver. It's not a cop-out.
Blocking and Kaep have both been
No. Kap is not the problem.

Focus.

Watched Smith last weekend. The same Smith some of you are still trying to convince everyone sucked.

Alex Smith was electric and completely in control. 30 yard bullets downfield toward the sideline on the dudes jersey in full stride. 15 yards downfield to a full speed receiver crossing flat, right in stride, right in his hands so well you would have to walk up to him and hand it to him to do better.

First it was ... "Smith is a loser."

Now you say ... "Kap is overrated."

Get a f(ng clue.

Its Roman.

agreed we have to remember this is Kaeps full season as a starter, as for last year he was the back up with something to prove so he played like there is no tomorrow laying it all on the line. Just like the play calling it seems this ideal of saving it for the playoffs has become contagious amoungst the 49ers. Kaep doesnt have the fire to go out and win using all of his GOD given tools. He is too worried about becoming a "pocket passer" instead of taking what the defense is giving him. The best part of his game right now as a young signal caller is his legs, he threated the defense last year with the run so it kept defenders on their heels and when they came up to stop the run he was decisive and go rid of the ball. But this year he holds on the ball for way too long and our "vaulted" offensive line has taken a step back. Its all mental for Kaep stop reading the press both good and bad and go out and play your game simple as that. As for Roman we're beating a dead horse its clear he is a college OC not NFL material the sooner Harbaugh and Baalke realize this the better.
Completely PLAYCALLING! We run when defenses play the run...we pass when defenses play the pass...its so obvious every 1st and 10, we run...I even heard the announcers saying that there was 1 on 1 coverage..and not once did we challenge the coverage....but as a long time fan of football, its all about the mentality of the team and late season hot streaks....the best team during the season doesn't always get the ring, based on the last 3 superbowls....so here's to hoping for a late season hot streak
Originally posted by ManBearPig:
Completely PLAYCALLING! We run when defenses play the run...we pass when defenses play the pass...its so obvious every 1st and 10, we run...I even heard the announcers saying that there was 1 on 1 coverage..and not once did we challenge the coverage....but as a long time fan of football, its all about the mentality of the team and late season hot streaks....the best team during the season doesn't always get the ring, based on the last 3 superbowls....so here's to hoping for a late season hot streak

If only we had a player position that could... oh I don't know... read the defense pre-snap and change the play to a more beneficial one? OH, I know!!! we can give that jpb to the AR1 !!!!

Kap is a young Quarterback. Does he have flaws? Of course he does.. He holds onto the ball a bit too long. He has an odd throwing motion and too often he is a one read quarterback. That said, he HAS to hold onto the ball because nobody is getting open. Nobody is getting open due to bad play calling by Roman and no shoring up of receivers by Baalke. He is only able to make one read because the O-Line play has been so awful that anything more than that, the poor guy is getting killed!
Originally posted by 49erWay:
No. Kap is not the problem.

Focus.

Watched Smith last weekend. The same Smith some of you are still trying to convince everyone sucked.

Alex Smith was electric and completely in control. 30 yard bullets downfield toward the sideline on the dudes jersey in full stride. 15 yards downfield to a full speed receiver crossing flat, right in stride, right in his hands so well you would have to walk up to him and hand it to him to do better.

First it was ... "Smith is a loser."

Now you say ... "Kap is overrated."

Get a f(ng clue.

Its Roman.

Preach.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
If only we had a player position that could... oh I don't know... read the defense pre-snap and change the play to a more beneficial one? OH, I know!!! we can give that jpb to the AR1 !!!!

I know what you mean bro...I just can't seem to understand how he can look like a stud 1 year and a dud the next regardless of defenses adjusting....and just refuse to accept it! lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ManBearPig:
I know what you mean bro...I just can't seem to understand how he can look like a stud 1 year and a dud the next regardless of defenses adjusting....and just refuse to accept it! lol

Happens all the time. It's called sophomore slump.
As noted above, if kap can't cut it against elite teams, put in McCoy. He at least will have a head for the game, and NOT run OOB when burning clock is essential. You have to wonder, where in the hell kap's head was when he ran OOB. Kap has lost to 4 consecutive elite teams. I'd say give McCoy a chance, but then there is the boat anchor roman dragging the QB down. Until roman is gone, we are screwed.
Share 49ersWebzone