LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

The Derek Carrier Haircut thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by susweel:

That had to be a bet or hazzing. In his Eagles pic he has a full head of hair.

Yeah no one would truly cut their hair like that on purpose!
Originally posted by xcfan:
tebow had a faster 3-cone time than carrier. both are very fast time, though. not that it means a hell of a lot.

Tebow can't catch. Why do you think he doesn't want to move to tight end? He's "stiff" and "mechanical".
Originally posted by xcfan:
tebow had a faster 3-cone time than carrier. both are very fast time, though. not that it means a hell of a lot.

Combine speed is diffrent then NFL GAME DAY "SPEED"
Frontal lobotomy.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Enough with the clever thread titles. They aren't cool or funny anymore.

This kid supposedly has some skills and is more in the Delanie Walker mode than Garret Celek. Hope he adds something positive to the passing game.

Bring back Gray and Harper! Oh wait...
At this point - WTF!
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Yeah no one would truly cut their hair like that on purpose!

Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Would love to see a fellow Wisconsinite on my favorite. Give em heck Derek! On Wisconsin!

Some Derek Carrier trivia?

What other professional athlete calls Edgerton, WI, home?
Answer: PGA golfer, Steve Stricker

Then again, there are a few other Badger boys that are Niners...Kaep, Baalke and our adopted son Jim Harbaugh who's parents live in Mequon!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by susweel:

That had to be a bet or hazzing. In his Eagles pic he has a full head of hair.

You "think" that was hazing? LMAO! That IS hazing.

Damn shame Al's Son gets hazed every year.

I like the thread title. made me chuckle
send in the carrier!

When we drafted Trey Millard everyone speculated he'd take the "Delanie Walker role" but wasn't Carrier signed with the same intentions? Interested to see how he's progressed w/ a year under his belt

Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
When we drafted Trey Millard everyone speculated he'd take the "Delanie Walker role" but wasn't Carrier signed with the same intentions? Interested to see how he's progressed w/ a year under his belt

Yup...heard some positive comments about him towards the end of last year too. Millard will be out the entire year, is what I'm hearing.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Damn shame Al's Son gets hazed every year.

Seriously though, what the f**k is up with Mark Davis' hair?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Yup...heard some positive comments about him towards the end of last year too. Millard will be out the entire year, is what I'm hearing.

Yup, chances are Millard is red-shirted this year.

McDonald was brought in to play Walker's role, he just wasn't as productive, but he has the skills. Hoping we get him more involved, and actually design a handful of plays to get him the ball.

Carrier is a great athlete. He has some potential, so he might be an option down the line.

Remember we even took a shot on Chris Harper off waivers from Seattle. Tried to convert him to TE a la Walker. Didn't work out, we cut him after a few weeks.

So the team is actively looking for someone who can fill that Walker role and produce. Millard will be in the mix next season.
  • ethan
  • Veteran
Carrier was really raw, coming out of DIII. He's still only 23. Just a couple weeks older than Patton. 4.5 speed at 250 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. They signed UDFA Kevin Greene from USC, who fits the same mold. 6-3, 250, 4.5 40 at his Pro Day workout. Greene played defense in college, but looked really good catching the ball when teams worked him out at TE.
I would love to see Carrier beat Celek for a roster spot. Celek is just a solid blocker tho
Share 49ersWebzone