There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Derek Carrier Tote Bag of Unwarranted Optimism

It's kind of a lazy Saturday, so why not start a thread on the practice squad TE we just signed to the active roster?

Derek Carrier is, apparently, a college WR from DIII Beloit College that was signed undrafted by the Raiders as a WR, cut, signed to the Eagles PS as a TE and has since been signed to our PS as a TE.

Despite that uninspiring resume, he does seems to have superior physical gifts and college production (albeit DIII...) going in his favor.

From Barrows:
"He played receiver at Division III Beloit College in Wisconsin where he caught 75 passes for 1,250 yards and 12 touchdowns as a senior in 2011.... Carrier turned heads at his pro-day workout when he ran his 40-yard dash in less than 4.5 seconds, had a 40-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot, 2-inch broad jump and sped through the three-cone drill in 6.69 seconds. To put that three-cone time in perspective: Just one receiver at the combine that year had a better mark.... He is listed at 6-4, 241 pounds. Carrier said he's now closer to 250 pounds. The 49ers added him to the practice squad on Sept. 3." Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/11/49ers-to-promote-te-derek-carrier-vs-saints.html#storylink=cpy

Here are a few videos I found:

Obviously, it would be extremely silly to expect much from PS TE that played DIII college ball. But he does have good hands, and a great size/speed combo. So who knows, maybe he'll inexplicably work his way into Kaepernick's circle of trust the way Bruce Miller has...
Champio......aahh who am I kidding. Tank for Clowney.
He has a better shot at playing time if he steals an oline jersey
this cant end well
Enough with the clever thread titles. They aren't cool or funny anymore.

This kid supposedly has some skills and is more in the Delanie Walker mode than Garret Celek. Hope he adds something positive to the passing game.
STUPIDEST. THREAD TITLE. EVER
Originally posted by Eli_23:

Probably not
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Probably not

close
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

FTW, dude gonna carry this team to the SUPER BOWL!
Originally posted by buck:

Probably not

close

Haha.... Sorry... I was going to call it "The Derek Carrier Thread" but I didn't feel like that really captured just how ridiculous having a Derek Carrier thread was....
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Probably not

close

Haha.... Sorry... I was going to call it "The Derek Carrier Thread" but I didn't feel like that really captured just how ridiculous having a Derek Carrier thread was....

I like it. A fitting title.
Originally posted by susweel:

That had to be a bet or hazzing. In his Eagles pic he has a full head of hair.
I hope he does good. and takes Celecks roster spot. The only thing celeck brings to the table on the 49ers is his FAINEEEEEEEEEE Ass girlfriend.
Originally posted by captain_planet:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Probably not

close

I like it. A fitting title.