LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Jon Baldwin - Another Guy Getting The Blame

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lets hope we use him on Sunday vs Nola
This guy should beast with his size and mobility just like Colston does
How can Baldwin or any other receiver for that matter make plays when the ball isn't being thrown to them. I blame a LOT of this dysfunctional passing game on Kaep for not trusting Baldwin. He needs to sling it to him no matter if he is slightly covered or not. Who knows maybe at worst he'll draw an pass interference penalty.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
How can Baldwin or any other receiver for that matter make plays when the ball isn't being thrown to them. I blame a LOT of this dysfunctional passing game on Kaep for not trusting Baldwin. He needs to sling it to him no matter if he is slightly covered or not. Who knows maybe at worst he'll draw an pass interference penalty.

I agree that we needsbto make a concerted effort to get him the ball early and often. I can see him winning any jump ball and being a red zone threat
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Nov 15, 2013 at 6:02 PM ]
harbaugh needs to push Kap. its as simple as that. the offense is way too simplified, challenge kap, get gutsy with the playcalling and let this dude contribute. he cant do anything if hes not getting snaps or passes thrown at him. hes huge, give him a chance to out jump or out reach his defender
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Sixe and mobility really do no have much meaning.

Baldwin may prove to be a decent receiver, but his size and/mobility do not mean very much.

Good receives, fast, big, small, or slow, can not solely be graded on their measurables.
I wonder why we cut Williams over Baldwin. Williams seems to be the lesser of two evils as receiver and could have been the backup punt and kick returner
Originally posted by buck:

Baldwin may prove to be a decent receiver, but his size and/mobility do not mean very much.

Good receives, fast, big, small, or slow, can not solely be graded on their measurables.

I agree but I am just going by what he showed in college and at KC. It would appear that Baldwin can make plays up top one on one and he should beat a press man coverage if he bullied DBs but maybe that mindset is absent. He isn't sudden his routes aren't crisp but he does have size good top speed great leaping ability and huge hands. You would think we might feed him to see if he eats from time to time
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:

I agree but I am just going by what he showed in college and at KC. It would appear that Baldwin can make plays up top one on one and he should beat a press man coverage if he bullied DBs but maybe that mindset is absent. He isn't sudden his routes aren't crisp but he does have size good top speed great leaping ability and huge hands. You would think we might feed him to see if he eats from time to time

It looks like Baldwin will get more snaps this week.

I hope that you are right and that he plays like a beast.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
I wonder why we cut Williams over Baldwin. Williams seems to be the lesser of two evils as receiver and could have been the backup punt and kick returner

I think we've seen all we will ever see in Williams. Baldwin is still new to the system, has better size and catch radius. And all Williams is good for in the special teams is fair catching the ball cause he's to scared to fumble.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Nov 16, 2013 at 4:01 AM ]

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
I think we've seen all we will ever see in Williams. Baldwin is still new to the system, has better size and catch radius. And all Williams is good for in the special teams is fair catching the ball cause he's to scared to fumble.
I just wish he would have fair caught the ball in the 2011 NFCCG. Perhaps the coaches should have told him to
Originally posted by Rascal:
Just read the ESPN piece from Bill Williamson.

Seriously, I don't think is the kid's fault, you can't just say he has not taken advantage of his chance given by the 9ers.

Right now, he's had 3 receptions out of 6 targets for 28 yards in 5 games. Even if he was crap, at least he had 20 receptions out of 47 targets for 325 yards in 15 games when he was with the Chiefs.

Once again, it just goes to show the 9ers just don't utilize their secondary receivers. You just don't stand a chance if your name is not Anquan Boldin or Vernon Davis.

If Kap is having problems in finding open receivers, then Baldwin can surely help out a little to say the least when the teams key in on Anquan and Vernon.

Hard to blame him without knowing how he looks in practice each day. He may be looking good, but the QB isn't giving him any attention in the games. He may not be looking good in practice, and therefore sees little time on the field... let me check.

Here are his snaps per week..

.. and I can't really say if any or many are from STs play?

Anyway.. total mystery on this guy, from an outside fan perspective.
Thanks Mr.Mcgibblets!

BTW: Does anyone know why Manningham was limited in practice this week...an article noted he was "hobbled." Seriously?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thanks Mr.Mcgibblets!

BTW: Does anyone know why Manningham was limited in practice this week...an article noted he was "hobbled." Seriously?

All I see is that it's a knee issue and he is listed as questionable. He's a vet, so they are likely just being cautious. Still hurts that he isn't getting the extra work in with his QB... that can't be good.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Thanks Mr.Mcgibblets!

Sore knee and that might be very bad news.
Share 49ersWebzone