LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Jon Baldwin - Another Guy Getting The Blame

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
not like the fkn niners would even realize if the dude was any good. They never use their weapons! it's so fkn frustrating. But hey, lets send Bruce Miller, Vance McDonald and Adam Snyder out wide. FKN BRILLIANT!
it is hard to believe that what chaz said is the truth,. we actually had those guys out wide. how can you justify the coaches for decisions like this . you see that s**t happen and it is a little easy to understand why some of us are less than thrilled about our prospects for making the playoffs let alone a deep run in the playoffs. putting miller mcdonald and snyder out wide I am sure strikes fear in the heart of the opponents
dafuq that supposed to mean? I ALWAYS speak the truth. It's just that no one wants to accept it.

Lol tell em chaz jk
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Whoa. What is the "Dwight Clark role"? Would that be the "Hall of fame career cut short with a knee injury role?" Not sure baldwin or too many other people would be filling that....

+ Clark was 6'5".

Clark was 6'3" As a Hawkeye fan I even question if he was that tall. Love me some Dallas Clark though! GO HAWKEYES!

He was talking xniner great dwight clark lol not dallas clark :)
This is stupid and im tired of the media pointing fingers EVERY ONE IS AT FAULT for the crappy offense. Roman is calling terrible plays that defenses are easily defending and figuring out. Harbaugh is aware of this and not making a change, The WR's besides Boldin have done NOTHING. Kaep. has taken a step back in his progress at QB. VD is dominant as always but injured a lot this season. Mcdonald looks like he will be decent but hes not there yet. All these things are making the offense bad blame needs to be stopped and instead figure out a solution to this. I see constant long routes Kaep cant find Boldin or VD open and he runs for very little gain or a sack. Why are so many of his plays down the field? why aren't there quick slants to Boldin Manningham Baldwin. Instead of these long developing plays why aren't there plays designed for Kaep to get the ball out fast. Who cares if there not for a ton of yards Boldin VD and Baldwin are beasts they can get extra yards. And it keeps the chains moving. It looks like the offense is complicated and Kaep cant run it. They need to simplify it and get a lot of quick intermediate routes that keep the chains moving and eat up the clock. With that Gore and our D it should work. .
Originally posted by sdniner:
No just observations I've made since the superbowl. So are you telling me Kap doesn't look frantic and panicky to you? His footwork looks good to you? Vision? Accuracy? Decision making? All of those things are the OC's fault?

Once again, I'm not calling for his head, we all know he's got upside. But right now he sucks

Franic and panicky no. Footwork when there is a clean pocket has always been good when he's in rhythm which all qb's need to be he's right on par with all of them. even in the midst of chaos he still made probably one of his best throws of the season on the pass to vance macdonald that wasn't completed. and at the same time he missed on a pass that would have been a touchdown to boldin in the beginning of the game.

vision, we need to know what the options are and designed to do. if a wr is open but isn't even on the design list then what? roman and them are very controlling types no room for improv really and that's been since they've gotten here.

decision making can always be better he isn't perfect or even close to perfect

but most of all personnel is the o.c. fault and that is the most important thing. you keep lmj on the bench you start kyle williams for half of a season and then cut him meaning there was no excuse for him to have been playing this entire time to just CUT HIM off the team.
you don't use baldwin who is obviously better.
you don't give your young qb any type of safety valve tight end, instead you use the main tight end as the sole deep threat and that's it.
you run no screens to take pressure off
you insist on banging your head on getting 1 of 2 people open and ignore everyone else.
even the things you are good at you go away from, which is running creatively.. why do we run more in a blow out than in a 1 point game?
kap's very first game he showed he could go through progressions, so why not let the guy have multiple options every time he goes back to pass? and please get kap out of shotgun... let him quick drop or 7 step if you run pistol that's different.
run 3wr sets if you're not going to use the 2nd te as a wr.
there are so many things we could have been doing with the talent we had that we didn't. it's too much to ignore.
look at all of the other offenses and how they help out their qb's ask yourself would any of those qb's thrive in this type of system? and the answer to that is no. no qb would.
which is why i despise the comparisons when 1 qb has a coordinator handicapping him..

wilson, open plan simple routes multiple options
luck..has his damn college coordinator lol
if we're going to be honest let's be completely honest here. roman has fallen short hasn't helped improve anything passing wise and has got it in his head the only people that should be open are vd and boldin and if they aren't screw it.

And none of this let's kap off the hook for not hitting on certain plays that were there to be made. he needs to step all the way up passing wise and hit all these other wr's that we have if we want to have a chance.

and at the same time roman has to give these guys multiple opportunities to make plays the margin of error is so small it's a miracle we do anything passing wise.
dial up a specific play at a specific time and if its open but its missed don't go to it ever again.
we are all pointing at the macdonald play that he didn't come up with, but with the ability shown to get deep why wasn't it dialed up again?
cause that's just not how roman does things...
Manningham replaces KW. Baldwin gets spot duty until Crabtree comes back, then Manningham resumes as the #3.

Baldwin is nothing more than depth.
Here's an in-depth analysis: I hate our offense.

I convinced our coaching staff cost us a Superbowl. I'm starting to think a good coach could of done the same thing with the talent we have.

Fangio is destroying our talent, while Roman is wasting it.
Roman:

Q: You're more than halfway through the season and WR Jon Baldwin has received only a handful of snaps throughout the games played. Is there a reason maybe why he's not playing as much?

"No, he's doing a good job, Jon is. We'll continue to incorporate him into what we do. But, he's doing a very good job and just needs to stay on course. Comes in with a great attitude every day. Works real hard. Had a great practice yesterday."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/11/greg-roman-on-offensive-woes-it-definitely-starts-with-me.html#storylink=cpy

Translation: Eff that guy...he's only been here through 9 games. In fact, we aleady tried to trade him before the deadline. Am I right? BTW: Anybody seen Kyle Williams? Where is Kyle...he wasn't at practice today.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Roman:

Q: You're more than halfway through the season and WR Jon Baldwin has received only a handful of snaps throughout the games played. Is there a reason maybe why he's not playing as much?

"No, he's doing a good job, Jon is. We'll continue to incorporate him into what we do. But, he's doing a very good job and just needs to stay on course. Comes in with a great attitude every day. Works real hard. Had a great practice yesterday."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/11/greg-roman-on-offensive-woes-it-definitely-starts-with-me.html#storylink=cpy

Translation: Eff that guy...he's only been here through 9 games. In fact, we aleady tried to trade him before the deadline. Am I right? BTW: Anybody seen Kyle Williams? Where is Kyle...he wasn't at practice today.

Kyle was cut and claimed by Chiefs
Roman:

he probably doesn't even know who baldwin is.

and kyle is getting ready to play against the broncos on sunday

they can start a facebook group over there for ex 49ers
[ Edited by jonesadrian on Nov 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM ]
What came first the chicken or the egg? Does a QB make the receiver or does the receiver make the QB. The QB pulls the trigger, in the end it's on him. Remember Rick Mirer from Notre Dame and the Seahawks? After his first pro season he was anointed the next Montana. He even moved like Joe. Never panned out. Kaep is far from that territory right now but if he doesn't pull this passing offense from its' 32nd ranking soon, you be the judge.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
What came first the chicken or the egg? Does a QB make the receiver or does the receiver make the QB. The QB pulls the trigger, in the end it's on him. Remember Rick Mirer from Notre Dame and the Seahawks? After his first pro season he was anointed the next Montana. He even moved like Joe. Never panned out. Kaep is far from that territory right now but if he doesn't pull this passing offense from its' 32nd ranking soon, you be the judge.

I think we have all see it both ways...

Not many QBs can make a good WR great...several WRs have made average QBs good
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:

a horses**t offensive coordinator can make an offense look like horses**t
Originally posted by CaliNiner:
Roman:

Kyle was cut and claimed by Chiefs

That was the joke...that Roman apparently LOVED KW enough to continue to throw him out there at the X and Z positions (neither of which he's suited for) and expect results. The definition of insanity is...
Originally posted by Dshearn:

HaRoMan, control both the chicken and the eggs and we're scrambling as an offense.
  • buck
  • Veteran
[i]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Makes no sense to blame Baldwin when he has a limited role. Sure we need other guys to step up, but Baldwin is a known commodity. He's a marginal player. I don't expect him to make a difference, so I don't blame him when he doesn't.

I do not think that anyone is really blaming Baldwin for the problems in the passing game.

Although the article cited may have been overly critical of Baldwin, it certainly did not blame Baldwin for the lack of a passing game.

Here is the article. I might not be reading it correctly, but .....

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/2540/baldwin-hasnt-fared-much-better-than-jenkins-did
[ Edited by buck on Nov 15, 2013 at 9:31 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone