LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Progressions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i dont understand why dilfer is considered a qb genius by the media, he was mediocre at best and was one of the least important pieces of a superbowl team ever.

By this logic, all the best players should be the best coaches.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Some loser named Steve Young happens to have a lot of respect for Trent Dilfer. Think I'll go with him.

Watched a replay of about 10 pass plays of that game where it was past the first quarter and by then the whole team had to know they could not defend Kap, but there he is running for his life in 2 seconds and the receivers running downhill with their backs flat to him.

That is play calling and receiver coaching and game plan adjusting at its EXTREME WORST.

Dilfer is right though. I saw quite a few other plays where he had open receivers and didn't even bother to look that way while not under such pressure.

It starts with the OC and coach and they didn't have them in sink by a mile.

Sorry Harbaugh, love ya, but you didn't grab this one.

I am sure Steve Young has a lot of respect for a lot of people who think differently.
I don't think any of us knows what Kaps progressions are except Kap, the offensive players, and the offensive coaches. Kap will improve and become the best QB we had since Montana, and Young. Kap will win us at least 2 or 3 more rings. Book'em Danno!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
1/2 potato + 1/2 potato = POTATO

Dilfer doesn't know what the progressions are because Kaep isn't going to say, and who really knows wtf Roman's scheming... his favorite scheme is (triple-play-action-pizza-to-the-mouth).
Originally posted by SneakySniper:
I am sure Steve Young has a lot of respect for a lot of people who think differently.

Now your just saying bs to try to win an argument that doesn't exist.

Young routinely voices his agreement and respect for Dilfer.

Or millions of us must have been shooting heroin watching him do that genuinely on tv?

Whatever
And by the way, Young NEVER hesitates to disagree on tv with somebody.

Anyway, Dilfer is right, Young is right, Kap is right, Kap is good.

This is on the coaching and coordinating.
In all fairness to Kaep for the most part this season this is what he sees his best WR Boldin double covered his 2nd WR Williams cant get open his 3rd option Davis at TE he has success with him but hes been injured almost all season. Mcdonald unreliable Patton injured Moore useless Baldwin is in there but Kaep never looks his way, Yes i agree maybe Kaep doesn't go threw his progressions but in all honestly he has basically very little to nothing to work with. Yes a better QB and better coaching would get a little more production out of what we have. There going to have to make due with what they have they never should of cut Walker and maybe things would be different at this point.
Here is the thing, Kap has never faced "real" criticism. He has faced criticism, but never like this. He faced criticism about the hat, his offseason photo shoots, he was accused of being a run first QB, etc. But that criticism always came with "but the sky is the ceiling for this kid".

Here this week his ability to play QB in the NFL is truly being criticized. Its part of being a QB in the NFL for anyone not named Brady. Even Manning gets criticized for not being able to win the big games in winter, Romo the same, Brees faced a lot of criticism early in his career, etc.

How he responds and grows is whats important.

I f**king hate twitter though.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i dont understand why dilfer is considered a qb genius by the media, he was mediocre at best and was one of the least important pieces of a superbowl team ever.

Dilfer is one of the better commentators on TV right now. He doesnt know everything, and he isaint perfect, nor is he always right, but he is about as good as it gets for talking heads.
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Originally posted by SneakySniper:

Now your just saying bs to try to win an argument that doesn't exist.

Young routinely voices his agreement and respect for Dilfer.

Or millions of us must have been shooting heroin watching him do that genuinely on tv?

Whatever

Did Young specifically agree with the statement we are discussing, is what I am trying to get at.

I don't have a problem with the comments. Dilfer watches a lot film and certainly knows the game, it's his job to analyze and call it like he sees it. We support #7 no matter what, but his reaction is kind why I'm skeptical about his mind set sometimes. Who cares what anyone says? Just shut up and prove it.
You don't need to know what the progressions are. If you look at a single receiver, then look to run, you are making one read.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I just don't think Kaep had time at all against the Carolina. The OL was horrible at pass protection. Kaep also needs to learn how to escape and throw the ball away instead of taking sacks for significant losses. Lets hope our OL plays better in NO.
Originally posted by Baldie:
I just don't think Kaep had time at all against the Carolina. The OL was horrible at pass protection. Kaep also needs to learn how to escape and throw the ball away instead of taking sacks for significant losses. Lets hope our OL plays better in NO.

He can learn to roll right and throw out of bounds.....
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The pressure the Panthers put on Kaep would've made the One Read Theory apply to any QB in the NFL on that day.

Agreed. In fact those times that CK appears to be a "1 read" QB he either is hitting his first read or he is under attack. I have noticed that at times the choice is made before the ball is snapped and he looks to be very intent on getting it there, but he does get it there.
Share 49ersWebzone