LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Progressions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SneakySniper:
But why would he find it offensive if it was true? It goes to show that all the speculation (especially on the zone) that Kaep is a one-read QB is moot.
that's exactly my point. If it wasn't true he probably wouldn't be offended.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
But why would he find it offensive if it was true? It goes to show that all the speculation (especially on the zone) that Kaep is a one-read QB is moot.

It is possible he was offended because this was actually someone who played the position and not just some beat writer, and playing the position Dilfer should know that every offense is different and his progressions could be different to what he had.

If it was true, he would have just ignored it instead of drawing attention to it.
i dont understand why dilfer is considered a qb genius by the media, he was mediocre at best and was one of the least important pieces of a superbowl team ever.
If it was true, he would have just ignored it instead of drawing attention to it.
I confused myself. This is my point. He answered emotionally because it's not true and he obviously takes offense to it.

Sorry this is what happens when you're trying to read and help with your kids homework at the same time
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i dont understand why dilfer is considered a qb genius by the media, he was mediocre at best and was one of the least important pieces of a superbowl team ever.

Exactly. If it was Warner that said what he said I might have taken it a bit more seriously.
The pressure the Panthers put on Kaep would've made the One Read Theory apply to any QB in the NFL on that day.

He knows his stuff. I'm sure he was an all-star during film sessions and team meetings. He just didn't have the physical tools or the calm under pressure to be a good QB. He is very qualified to evaluate QB play. But like Kap said, how can make a broad generalization about his ability to work through progressions when Trent doesn't even know what the progression is on a given play?
Originally posted by SofaKing:

He knows his stuff. I'm sure he was an all-star during film sessions and team meetings. He just didn't have the physical tools or the calm under pressure to be a good QB. He is very qualified to evaluate QB play. But like Kap said, how can make a broad generalization about his ability to work through progressions when Trent doesn't even know what the progression is on a given play?
theres no proof that he was that good tho. i think hes just the only qb they found that can speak clearly and they put him in the media. and exactly, how does he know what kaps progressions are? dilfer can f**k off
I confused myself. This is my point. He answered emotionally because it's not true and he obviously takes offense to it.

Sorry this is what happens when you're trying to read and help with your kids homework at the same time

You do not have to apologize. Haha.

• mod
  • Veteran

Exactly. If it was Warner that said what he said I might have taken it a bit more seriously.

Thats our f**kin problem right there... Geep Chryst.

dude played linebacker in college, never even made it to the pro's.... its obvious he has no idea what he's doing.

I mean if Dilfer doesnt know what he's talking about how can an ex college linebacker teach QB skills in the NFL
Originally posted by mod:

dude played linebacker in college, never even made it to the pro's.... its obvious he has no idea what he's doing.

I mean if Dilfer doesnt know what he's talking about how can an ex college linebacker teach QB skills in the NFL

Just to clarify for everyone, I think he is talking about Roman.
  • mod
  • Veteran

Just to clarify for everyone, I think he is talking about Roman.

no I'm talking about Geep Chryst our QB Coach... he's the reason kaep doesnt know how to make his progressions
Some loser named Steve Young happens to have a lot of respect for Trent Dilfer. Think I'll go with him.

Watched a replay of about 10 pass plays of that game where it was past the first quarter and by then the whole team had to know they could not defend Kap, but there he is running for his life in 2 seconds and the receivers running downhill with their backs flat to him.

That is play calling and receiver coaching and game plan adjusting at its EXTREME WORST.

Dilfer is right though. I saw quite a few other plays where he had open receivers and didn't even bother to look that way while not under such pressure.

It starts with the OC and coach and they didn't have them in sink by a mile.

Sorry Harbaugh, love ya, but you didn't grab this one.
no I'm talking about Geep Chryst our QB Coach... he's the reason kaep doesnt know how to make his progressions

Oh lol! I thought you were just saying Jesus Christ! My bad.
Share 49ersWebzone