There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Progressions

Kaep is a one-read QB. 
Kaep cannot go through his progressions.
Kaep is remedial.

All this, at least according to Trent Dilfer, whom I must mention is one of the greatest QBs of all time!

In all seriousness, I am glad Trent D***o made these statements because of Kaep's response to them...

"Does he even know what my progressions are?" 

Now, Kaep usually responds to criticism by admitting to poor execution or by just flat out saying he does not care what outside people think (which he also did). However, to me Kaep's response seemed like an indirect attack on the structure of the plays being run.

Is this just another response, with no meaning behind it? Or does this show that Kaep's unhappy with the plays being called?

I think it does.

Edit: Decency.
[ Edited by SneakySniper on Nov 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
I think it means "Shut the f**k up Dilfer"
Originally posted by mod:

Yes, but it also implies that going through progressions is not his problem.

This ^^^^^^^^
Fist, I think you shouldn't have used that "d" word because there are young kids in here at times so you should edit.

That said, ya I agree with you.

I have a ton of respect for Dilfer but he may not understand the progressions entirely for this offense. Dilfer actually loves the Niners and I think he may be challenging Kap and wants to irritate him so he plays a little angrier.

I've watched Kap many times go through 3 progressions so he is no one reader. The fool has set numerous all time NFL records in less than one full season.

NOT concerned about Kap. Concerned about the OC and the play calling and making adjustments.
f**k dilfer and all of ESPN
His response actually sounds like he's offended by it which is surprising because Kaep usually doesn't respond to criticism with emotion. I find it encouraging
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
His response actually sounds like he's offended by it which is surprising because Kaep usually doesn't respond to criticism with emotion. I find it encouraging

But why would he find it offensive if it was true? It goes to show that all the speculation (especially on the zone) that Kaep is a one-read QB is moot.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Fist, I think you shouldn't have used that "d" word because there are young kids in here at times so you should edit.

That said, ya I agree with you.

I have a ton of respect for Dilfer but he may not understand the progressions entirely for this offense. Dilfer actually loves the Niners and I think he may be challenging Kap and wants to irritate him so he plays a little angrier.

I've watched Kap many times go through 3 progressions so he is no one reader. The fool has set numerous all time NFL records in less than one full season.

NOT concerned about Kap. Concerned about the OC and the play calling and making adjustments.

what D word? Dildo?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Dance party?
what D word? Dildo?

I censored it, but yes. Haha.
Kap is still learning. He's very raw. With that said, he took a HUGE step back from last year...hell, he took a huge step back from the first game.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Kap is still learning. He's very raw. With that said, he took a HUGE step back from last year...hell, he took a huge step back from the first game.

I think the whole offense took a step back from last year. I mean, yes, he is still learning but being without Crabtree and Davis is big!

Imagine any other team without their top 2 receivers and you will understand.
Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that Kaep's progressions and reads are not what is jacking the 49ers offense.

If it was, I do not think Kaep would have responded the way he did.