There are 186 users in the forums

Worth Reading

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know some of our "experts" don't like the Bleacher Report. But from time to time they have reasonably good articles.
This is one of them - especially at the end in the "Veto Roman" section.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1848461-how-can-the-san-francisco-49ers-kickstart-the-offense?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=san-francisco-49ers
"cliff notes, *************! Can you gives them?!?"

Just finished reading. Good article.
B/R
Very long but very good read. I wonder what Roman would do with the saints offense and Payton would do with ours.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Very long but very good read. I wonder what Roman would do with the saints offense and Payton would do with ours.

In a nutshell...Jed Collins would become a primary receiver, they'd produce a ton of 3 & outs, and make Drew Brees look bad...and on the flipside, LMJ/Hunter would be used "Sproles-like" and the Niners rush for 150, pass for 230, score 30+ points per game, even vs good teams.
Good article. Most of what was said should be obvious to 49er fans. It's funny when a poster brings up these same points, it's an excuse for Kap. If it's written by an outside source, it's golden information. Maybe now all this crap about Twitter, tattoos, and commercials being the root of Kap's problems can stop. Posts like that are worthless and not worth responding to. There are too many real football issues that are effecting the offense.
damn that was in some depth
I found no value in reading that, unless you were looking for someone to say something nice or just needed a friend today.

It isn't like I am bailing on the guy, so it doesn't matter.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Good article. Most of what was said should be obvious to 49er fans. It's funny when a poster brings up these same points, it's an excuse for Kap. If it's written by an outside source, it's golden information. Maybe now all this crap about Twitter, tattoos, and commercials being the root of Kap's problems can stop. Posts like that are worthless and not worth responding to. There are too many real football issues that are effecting the offense.

Exactly. Preparedness is not the problem with Kap or the coaching staff. This team works HARD. The problem is in-game philosophical rigor mortis' on Harbaugh's part and play-calling stubbornness on the part of G-Ro. It seems like they invest in a game plan and if it doesn't work, they just stick with it and plan to "execute better."

It seems borderline arrogant that the offensive coaching staff doesn't appear to respect the opposing team's defensive adjustments enough to PROPERLY adjust in kind. Incessant quick pressure up the middle...let's keep going no-back in the shotgun. Bracket coverage on Anquon and Vernon...we'll just stick with long-developing plays featuring them as the first/second reads. I realize fans aren't the experts, but the coaching staff's in-game adjustments and overall approach to offensive game-planning would probably mystify Lombardi himself, were he alive.

This is almost identical to what most of us have been saying. Kap has not played well, and he needs to play better, but the screenshot said it all. 5 WRs running downfield and the only one looking back for the ball is blanketed. Meanwhile, Kap has two defenders right in his face. One more route underneath may have beaten that defense for a big gain.

I am just glad this is gaining steam with the national media because if it continues, that means the team has no choice but to try and change it, otherwise their days as a contender are numbered.
I wish there was a HC job for roman last year :(
Frustrating, but good read. If we pass for less than 100yds again this Sunday, Roman needs to be fired on the spot!
Roman has seemingly remained stagnant in his philosophies in a league that is constantly evolving. The league has already adjusted to his tendencies and play calling, hell even an average fan could call out a few plays during the game so it's all but guaranteed DCs know them as well. If the niners can't impose their will on teams, he abandons the run game and tries to either get cute or force the longball which results in a 3&out. Any team with a front seven that doesn't crumble against our line will beat us with a nonfunctional offense.
He pretty much consolidated the Kapernick thread into an article minus the childish bickering.
Share 49ersWebzone