There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Weak link in the defense?

The defense has been serviceable, it's the 'O' that needs to pull its own weight.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Aldon Smith's drug and alcohol and gun problems.

Best answer so far if you want to actually choose a defensive starter. The Tarrell Brown thing is just scapegoating. The other DBs have been decent. Can't fault any other linebackers. The D-line has been solid considering the injuries they've been hit with.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Aldon Smith's drug and alcohol and gun problems.

Best answer so far if you want to actually choose a defensive starter. The Tarrell Brown thing is just scapegoating. The other DBs have been decent. Can't fault any other linebackers. The D-line has been solid considering the injuries they've been hit with.

Dude was beasting before his lame shenanigans/rehab... had another good opportunity at breaking sack record, too.
Ray mac hasn't been that impressive.....
Get real!

The REAL problem is coaching on the offensive side of the ball. That's on JH first and foremost!

We lose 10-9 and there's a D weak link - gimme a break w/that nonsense.

Did you all see all the 3 & outs?

I'm not sure if we get a new OC that it will make a difference. I think it's JH who is clamping down any creativity in the passing game. Just my opinion BUT he is the HC.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Get real!

The REAL problem is coaching on the offensive side of the ball. That's on JH first and foremost!

We lose 10-9 and there's a D weak link - gimme a break w/that nonsense.

Did you all see all the 3 & outs?

I'm not sure if we get a new OC that it will make a difference. I think it's JH who is clamping down any creativity in the passing game. Just my opinion BUT he is the HC.

This. If we have a passing game that was even middle of the pack, we're right there with Seattle.
The Offense.
Rogers got smoked all day
Hitner trying to hit missle ppl instead of making a tackle etc
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
The Offense.

This! And we are missing a true NT! For YEARS!
Originally posted by Ballistic:

all season

if his name was nnamdi the server would explode
Whitner and Brooks were solid.
It was the refs today. Sad to say
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Whitner and Brooks were solid.

Brooks is always clutch...even for the refs!

Whitner helped finish that tip on the 4th down but also gave up an easy TD in the RZ on confusion of picking up his man late. Other than that, solid day! Had a gorgeous deflected pass...played aggressive and down hill a lot.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Ballistic:

all season

if his name was nnamdi the server would explode

Still wonder how on the edges, these CB's are always in trail-mode or giving up HUGE cushions...they aren't even within 5 yards of the WR esp. on sideline come backs. Are they NOT instructed to cover WR's?