Will we make playoffs?

• Chico
  • Veteran
well, refs & the league cost us the playoffs
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:

the refs? Are you blaming the freak play from Osgood on the refs?

It was a complete tactical move and/or freak coincidence that at the exact moment Sproles called for a FC, Osgood was looking up tracking the ball. Sproles DID flinch when he caught the ball so I believe he baited Osgood into it. Refs made the right call. You could see it on one of the replay angles.

The Brooks roughing penalty was so ticky-tack that I can't decide if I'm made about it or if it was right because with another QB besides Brees and Wilson that is a textbook chest tackle and we win. But again Brees is just about 6'0" so when a 6'3" player hits you at his chest height it'll look like a high hit. Situationally the refs made the right call even though Brees' helmet moving was not a result of Brooks' arm but of his shoulder pad which would be legal.

Luck didn't go our way and bad situational play calling killed us again.
[ Edited by sfout on Nov 17, 2013 at 5:23 PM ]
Injuries hurt this team from day one. Even if we make the playoffs, hard to say we can win. This is a different season if Crabs and Manningham were not hurt.
[ Edited by Baldie on Nov 17, 2013 at 5:53 PM ]
No, Cards will put the smack down on the 9ers next week and the season will be over. I am taking the cards D in fantasy just like I did Carolina last week and New Orleans this week. 9ers are the worst offensive team in the league right now, even the Jags put up more yards. Shamefull.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
No, Cards will put the smack down on the 9ers next week and the season will be over. I am taking the cards D in fantasy just like I did Carolina last week and New Orleans this week. 9ers are the worst offensive team in the league right now, even the Jags put up more yards. Shamefull.

LOL we don't face the Cards until the final week of the season.
As I said in another post, there are no guarantees we'll make the playoffs...Carolina's leading the pack, we're tied with 'Zona, Detroit and Chicago. Philly's 6-5, but a very hot team now. They could well win that division...hard to predict if Dallas can compete for a WC. I have very little confidence we can beat Seattle on Dec 8. Carolina plays NE tonight at home, then still has two left w/Saints. Chances are, only the NFC North division winner will be in the playoffs. So, we still have a decent shot, but the BL is we have to put up some wins in a hurry to pull through. BL is our fate is in our own hands...we have to PLAY like a playoff team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:
Injuries hurt this team from day one. Even if we make the playoffs, hard to say we can win. This is a different season if Crabs and Manningham were not hurt.

we had injuries when we won five in a row. no excuse, good teams and coaches over come that stuff. we could make post season if we beat all the teams with losing records on our schedule for the rest of the year. the effort by the team showed me they are not giving up which was good. to many mistakes at key times across the board, unreal stupid penalty on the punt at the end of the game. i know there is a certain group of fans in the grassy knoll saying the refs are against us and those people can not be reasoned with. we must win the rest of the games vs teams with losing records as we will not beat seattle at home since they have a good record, one stumble against the skins or cards in the desert will mean the end of our playoff hopes. injuries and the refs are built in excuses to provide cover for the teams poor play and the teams poor coaching in my opinion
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:

some things are not worth answering
Starting to get concerned about whether we make it or not. Carolina or NO will win the south. The other team will be one of the wild card teams. So it's going to come down to SF, AZ & whoever doesn't win the north. We may lose in AZ. Right now, we're tied with them, so if we lose to them, we're in trouble. We still have to play SEA.
We're fighting for the sixth spot. It's just unbelievable how f**king awful this season has been.
We're going to be the best 5th or 6th seed ever at 12-4
Yes, we still are!!
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
We're fighting for the sixth spot. It's just unbelievable how f**king awful this season has been.

Foreal, no way in hell I would've thought we would be fighting for the 6th f**king seed. This year has been hell