LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Do we have a 100 Million Dollar Qb?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do we have a 100 Million Dollar Qb?

In reality of talent I say yes. In performance/numbers/agent games not even close. Sometimes I wonder if we don't have these poor gameplans because Kaep is in a contract year. Maybe we're just stringing him along so we can redo the contract and stay competetive with the CAP. It would certainly help the front office if we are winning "in spite" of Kaep not "beacause" of him.
Originally posted by VA49er:
In reality of talent I say yes. In performance/numbers/agent games not even close. Sometimes I wonder if we don't have these poor gameplans because Kaep is in a contract year. Maybe we're just stringing him along so we can redo the contract and stay competetive with the CAP. It would certainly help the front office if we are winning "in spite" of Kaep not "beacause" of him.

good point but i doubt they would risk using games for that reason. i mean theyre paying other guys tons of money so they can win, not so they can sign kap cheaper.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Heck no he's not. He's a one read QB, Boy was I wrong about him. I thought the absolute world of him, but turns out he's immature, dare I say ala Trent Dilfer remedial?

I know its a crazy thought, but maybe....just maybe, we wait longer than 19 starts into his career before we determine hes Trent Dilfer?
Net 40 yards passing a game. That's like 10 yards a quarter. He's awesome man. Lets give him $200 million..... ......

Man you are dreaming. He's just not that good this year. And was overrated last year. The read option took the NFL by surprise. Now they caught up to it. And he's a 1 read QB, uncomfortable from the pocket and not always accurate. He is what he is.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The realization is he's going to get paid. $100M? Probably something pretty close.
100 million body with a ten cent brain.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Really?

He's certainly 10 cent read the field and go through progressions.
If he hits FA he will definitely get $100 million. Too rare of an athlete and he has flashed serious ability.

I hope he snaps out of this funk and starts ballin' again. I'd have no problem paying him $100 mil then.

Wonderlic scores:

Colin Kaepernick - 37
Andrew Luck - 37
Aaron Rodgers - 35
Tom Brady - 33
Steve Young - 33
John Elway - 29
Troy Aikman - 29
Peyton Manning - 28

Criticize his recent play, but dont call him stupid. Come on.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
If he hits FA he will definitely get $100 million. Too rare of an athlete and he has flashed serious ability.

I hope he snaps out of this funk and starts ballin' again. I'd have no problem paying him $100 mil then.

So let somebody else pay him $100 million, break their cap and get 10 yards passing per quarter.....
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I said he wasn't a $20M a year QB, or a $120.6M QB like Flacco got. I believe at most $14M is his range for me. He hasn't proven he is a legit franchise QB. Yes he can be one. But the money just doesn't fit with him right now.

I'm not worried about an extension for him, or Aldon, as Aldon will have to sign a deal that has clauses in it over substance abuse policy and etc...

I am more worried about Crabs and Iupati. I would sign Crabs over Iupati. I may get blasted, but Crabs is a legit #1 WR, where we can find another LG in the draft, so many good ones coming up in future years.

Plus we have to consider re-signing guys like Cully, Miller, Hunter, KIlgore, Boldin, Mario, Brock, Brown(Probably not), and mentioned Aldon, Kap.

A lot of emotions on this thread, but I agree with this. Before this season, I was on the Kaep #1, Smith #2, Iupati #3, and if we get lucky, sign Crabtree bandwagon. After what we've seen, Crabtree may be the number one priority.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Man you are dreaming. He's just not that good this year. And was overrated last year. The read option took the NFL by surprise. Now they caught up to it. And he's a 1 read QB, uncomfortable from the pocket and not always accurate. He is what he is.

I stand by my statment. I think Kaep is more the victim of lack of WR talent and poor game plans than anything else. it's his first full year and Defesnses are able to put alot more on his plate becaues they have film on him and better prep. I know we are ranked low in the passing game but we have not made it easy on him. We have not let him run a ball control style passing game at all. It's been all run and big shots downfield, boom or bust. He will get better.
We need to draft two qb's, not one. Depending on how Harbaugh sees Kaep this will dictate the urgency of the first one. Round 2 or 3 I would guess. And a late pick at around Round 6 for our future third stringer.

I remain unconvinced that the panic is justified, but you guys carry on.
Share 49ersWebzone