There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do we have a 100 Million Dollar Qb?

Do we have a 100 Million Dollar Qb?

After last season Kaepernick was looking to BREAK the bank with his next contract. But after this season I'm not really thinking that will be the case. My question is, what is his worth at this point?? I'm looking at teams like the Falcons or the Ravens who have given their qb's trillions it seems and it has severely impacted their ability to make other roster moves. Soooo what is Kaps worth??
Still far too early to tell. Let's see how he does the rest of the season and in the playoffs.
I'll go with 3 or 4 years, $11 per year average. Sounds fair and is a prove it kind of deal (short term). His playoff performance can change this big time.
question for niners may be whether to attempt to strike a new deal after this season or wait and see how kaepernick performs in year 4---waiting could be expensive if he blows up year 4, or wise if he proves not to be the player baalke/harbaugh thought he was
Originally posted by thl408:
I'll go with 3 or 4 years, $11 per year average. Sounds fair and is a prove it kind of deal (short term). His playoff performance can change this big time.

No way will Kap sign that.

As crap as his performance is right now, I am quite sure if we don't pay him enough come contract time, there will still be teams lining up to sign him and it will be more than $11 mil per year average.
Really???..............Are you seriously asking this question now??
Is he worth $100 mil ?

Right now ? No.

I will have to wait and see what happens when Crab comes back and how he performs at the start of next season. If he is still missing wide open reads at that point, then no he is not worth it.

Under the circumstances, I think we should draft a QB next year just in case things don't pan out.
god i hope not
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Still far too early to tell. Let's see how he does the rest of the season and in the playoffs.

This.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by thl408:

No way will Kap sign that.

As crap as his performance is right now, I am quite sure if we don't pay him enough come contract time, there will still be teams lining up to sign him and it will be more than $11 mil per year average.

Good luck to them then.

It's been discussed in another thread & AB gave the cap figures for SB winning QB's over the last 10 years. Teams that have paid their QB before a SB win have only won it all 20-30% of the time.

Until the salary cap is increased QB's shouldn't be getting 100M on this team. Doesn't mean it won't happen but I think it would harm our success at this point.
QB in the 3rd for us this year too. Need to have insurance whether Kaep is on the team or not. Our backup situation is utter right now.
Heck no he's not. He's a one read QB, Boy was I wrong about him. I thought the absolute world of him, but turns out he's immature, dare I say ala Trent Dilfer remedial?
Is he worth $100 mil ?

Right now ? No.

I will have to wait and see what happens when Crab comes back and how he performs at the start of next season. If he is still missing wide open reads at that point, then no he is not worth it.

Under the circumstances, I think we should draft a QB next year just in case things don't pan out.

At least a better backup who could create some controversy, somebody out of the 3rd round maybe since everything we draft in the 2nd is f**king garbage.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Is he worth $100 mil ?

Right now ? No.

At least a better backup who could create some controversy, somebody out of the 3rd round maybe since everything we draft in the 2nd is f**king garbage.

Well, true especially considering how crap our back-ups are right now. Plus, we will need to spend a good number of high picks to at least try to secure some top WRs. I am just not sure whether we will have any 2nd round picks left for a QB. If we can find a Russell Wilson in the 3rd like what the Seahawks did, then heck yea.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Heck no he's not. He's a one read QB, Boy was I wrong about him. I thought the absolute world of him, but turns out he's immature, dare I say ala Trent Dilfer remedial?

Wow, I hope you are joking