There are 187 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

size and speed to the offense

I agree that Harbaugh, Roman and Baalke have been too stubborn. Love Roman's sophisticated run formations but let's face it, he lacks creativity in the passing department. This team needs BALANCE on the offense and that will require an infusion of speedy receivers who can separate and get open.

Aside from Crabtree (I'll throw Boldin in but he's at the sunset of his career), the last talented wideout that wore a Niners uniform was Terrell Owens. That's a large void!!!!

I do like Quinton Patton but see him more as a slot or 3rd receiver. We need to spend a high draft choice on another WR in the 2014 draft and/or trade for Josh Gordon in the offseason.
we have the talent to compete right now.

we wasted half a season with kyle williams. it comes down to that.

in the rams game and any game baldwin played extensive minutes the db's and the safeties respected him which opened things up for everyone else

and in response to that the coaching staff decided lmj had no place to be active and that baldwin should not get more than a few snaps a game
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

get him baalke

Like it.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Like it.

What's his 40? We need 4.4 speed in the worst way. The other guys are right, without a home run threat (see Randy Moss) we can't stretch the field.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Like it.

What's his 40? We need 4.4 speed in the worst way. The other guys are right, without a home run threat (see Randy Moss) we can't stretch the field.

his low was 4.42 average of 4.52 i believe...i just like his tape he looks like a solid receiver and he can return some too
i think we should support the coaches and players no matter what
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Marqise Lee in the 1st, Brandin Cooks in the 2nd. Crabs and Lee outside; Cooks in the slot. Imagine the possibilities.

this only works if Roman is NOT the OC next year! Heres to some team making him an offer and we can get rid of him smh Harbaugh should have taken Pep Hamilton with him instead of Roman.
True our O is struggling, but with the exception of Brock, none of our DBs have made plays. Constanly sit back in soft coverage so they don't get beat over the top and we give up hitches and underneath routes. We're not very quick at the DB spot. Anytime a team needs 5 on 3rd down they get it. Prior to this year our pass rush covered it up. We get exposed when the rush doesn't get there
Originally posted by SF9er05:
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Marqise Lee in the 1st, Brandin Cooks in the 2nd. Crabs and Lee outside; Cooks in the slot. Imagine the possibilities.

this only works if Roman is NOT the OC next year! Heres to some team making him an offer and we can get rid of him smh Harbaugh should have taken Pep Hamilton with him instead of Roman.

Yup. I hope to God someone, anyone takes him off our hands next year so we can finally get a real NFL OC calling the plays that can effectively utilize all of our talent and make us better.
Originally posted by pete98146:
I agree that Harbaugh, Roman and Baalke have been too stubborn. Love Roman's sophisticated run formations but let's face it, he lacks creativity in the passing department. This team needs BALANCE on the offense and that will require an infusion of speedy receivers who can separate and get open.

Aside from Crabtree (I'll throw Boldin in but he's at the sunset of his career), the last talented wideout that wore a Niners uniform was Terrell Owens. That's a large void!!!!

I do like Quinton Patton but see him more as a slot or 3rd receiver. We need to spend a high draft choice on another WR in the 2014 draft and/or trade for Josh Gordon in the offseason.

So you're saying that bringing in a once good vet WR at the end of his career, drafting a guy late, and then talking up all the undrafted rookie WRs from DIII colleges that weigh sub 180 isn't the formula for improving our WR group?????

Too bad we can't go back in time and tell the 9er front office that 10 years ago! Cause that's pretty much the blue print they've followed every year since TO left.
To be fair Baalke did try to draft some speed at WR. But he was a soft frail wideout who couldn't stay on his feet.
We tried to add both. Jenkins and James were drafted to bring speed / big play potential to the offense. Unfortunately Jenkins was a complete bust and the coaching staff has no idea what to do with James. McDonald is a lot bigger than Delanie. Too bad he's not as good a football player at this point.
When the 49ers lined up with Jerry on one side and JT on the other there was never a better duo. JT also returned punts. George Seifert said that JT was pound for pound the strongest athlete he ever coached. The 49ers have a history of big receivers, smaller ones tend to have short careers. I'm sure the Niners are scouting wide-outs and have college scouts in the stands as we speak.
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:
i think we should support the coaches and players no matter what

So long as they are committed I will support them. Now if we win a couple the b***hing stops to an extent. We lose it returns. We need constructive criticism but not negative rants
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
when you could have gotten reed in the 3rd

I seriously doubt that Reid would have been available in the third
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home