LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 414 users in the forums

Niners will follow the ravens and giants SB seasons

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
you know what if kap was kinda just playing so-so then i would say alright, with crabcakes back we might turn it on. but he is playing god awful. i don't give a s**t HOW bad our receivers are. there are teams with worse WR's and worse offensive lines in the league that are getting better production out of their qb.

things kap doesn't do:

1. comeback routes
2. throwing it up to covered WR to let the wr make a play
3. part of #2, because of that we don't get many PI calls against the D
4. throw short with any touch
5. throw WR's open

it's just baffling. i don't know WHAT the f**k happened to him after week 1 but it has been brutal. and i'm not saying this just because of yesterday (although that was an all-time low)

It seemed like yesterday was the the first time in ages we completed a pass to a WR running a slant. I just don't know happened to this offense.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
No, I don't agree with such patterns.

However, pattern or no pattern, one thing I do know is it is bloody hard to get back to the big dance.

There is a very good reason why it rarely happens cos as I mentioned it is simply hard and very hard. The League is just too competitive.

When you take into consideration the current sorry state of our passing offense, then there is basically next to no chance for us.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Eli Manning wasn't the reason why the Giants won that NFCCG.

As a 49er fan we can say the fumbles cost us the game, as a Giants fan it's the 3rd down touchdown to Manningham.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL no. I cant think of an offense this bad that has ever gone to the super bowl let alone win it.

2002/2003 bucs are as close as i can remember in recent years, and that offense looked like the greatest show on turf compared to our current offense. And our defense is not on that level, they are good, but not the 2002/2003 bucs.

No way in hell this team even wins a playoff game unless they dramatically improve offensive production.

Our high scoring games were an anomaly based on playing bad teams, Frank Gore, and defense.

The ravens first Super Bowl. Their offense was horrendous, but defense was good enough to always keep them in the game.
Playoffs?? Playoffs??!! Don't talk about the Playoffs! Im just hoping they can win another game!!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
If the season ended today, we would be the 6th seed playing the Lions (at Ford Field) in the wildcard round followed by the Seahawks (at Clink) in the divisional round.

The Seahawks have never lost a single game at home ever since Russell Wilson took over under center, that is 12 games and counting.

I just can't see how the 9ers can beat the Seahawks at CLink, well I can't see the 9ers beating the Seahawks at the Stick neither if I am being honest, but that's just me.

It would take a miracle for the 9ers to win up there such as with the 9ers playing way above standards and the Seahawks playing like complete scrubs or if they suffer major injuries.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Playoffs?? Playoffs??!! Don't talk about the Playoffs! Im just hoping they can win another game!!

Let me help you out with some visuals.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Flacco and Eli cost us 2 Super Bowls. Kaep is nowhere near their level. If he doesn't heat up soon,say bye-bye to the season and Coach will be watching film of draft eligible quarterbacks in the upcoming draft.

we can't ALREADY be giving up on Kap can we??
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Let me help you out with some visuals.

lol
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL no. I cant think of an offense this bad that has ever gone to the super bowl let alone win it.

2002/2003 bucs are as close as i can remember in recent years, and that offense looked like the greatest show on turf compared to our current offense. And our defense is not on that level, they are good, but not the 2002/2003 bucs.

No way in hell this team even wins a playoff game unless they dramatically improve offensive production.

Our high scoring games were an anomaly based on playing bad teams, Frank Gore, and defense.

dont remember Trent Dilfer winning a SB?

team went 4 or 5 games in a row without scoring a TD and won like two of them with only FG's

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by elguapo:
People are worried about the Niners mainly on offense and that Seattle will win the division which are both justified reactions. However, if you look at the past years teams like gb and New Orleans and Denver were the best teams going into the playoffs and they all got beaten by great defenses and above average offenses. The giants got healthy at the right time and so did the ravens.....see Lewis Suggs and company. So, we may have the fifth spot and go to Dallas then New Orleans then Seattle but just remember we will have Crabtree at the right time and by then mario should be on the same page as kaep and Crabtree already is sick with kaep. Our whole offense will change. So as long as we roll into the playoffs, with our top rated defense and running game, as well as Vernon crab boldin Mario our passing game will be at the very least solid to good and that will definitely be enough to beat any team.

Do you agree with this recent pattern? Seattle will be tough in Seattle but as you all saw our defense can definitely handle their offense even with giving lunch 120 or so yards and with seattles horrid run defense, we should be good to go.

not really

the 9ers record wise pretty much the same as last year

6-2 heading into the week 9 bye

last year tied the Rams after the bye and this year lose to Car

right now they are in the 6th playoff spot and it will all come down to who is healthy in the second half
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swayze:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Flacco and Eli cost us 2 Super Bowls. Kaep is nowhere near their level. If he doesn't heat up soon,say bye-bye to the season and Coach will be watching film of draft eligible quarterbacks in the upcoming draft.

we can't ALREADY be giving up on Kap can we??

Not to say give up per se, but Kap does have some serious issues that he doesn't seem to be able to overcome to date. For me, I will give him till Crab comes back. But still, a great QB shouldn't have to rely on a certain receiver. Tom Brady can make scrubs look like studs. Other than that, you got to plan ahead, what if Kap can't come out of his slump come next season ? So, in that sense Rish is right to draft a QB plus as you know our so-called back-ups are just complete garbage, or at least McCoy is as I haven't seen enough of Bethel-Thompson's work.
I admire your way of thinking and i hope your right but it wont happen with the way the offense has been playing up to this point. They might beat a weak Dallas team in the wild card round but there not getting past a physical Seattle or Carolina team. No way no how. Unless they figure out a way to look like a NFL offense by then. So far they have looked like a high school offense at best. There 6-3 cause they have played bad teams and there defense is good and Gore is good.
Not making the playoffs
No doubt Kap has the talent and athletic ability tat's obvious after watching the GBay games. However, something has happened to stop his growth.

We in the Zone have said it was Roman, a lack of quality WR etc.

Whatever the reasons we better get it fixed and fast.

This is a gut check time for our coaches and players.

We will lose to New Orleans and Seattle if we don't improve on offense. Our D is playing solid but we need a complete team.

Kap has to get better in many facets of the position and I feel he can be a great QB.

IMO. too many people think Crabs is going to show up and everything will be fine. I disagree - our problems are not one guy!

It has to start w/our coaches. Fix the game plan and fix Kap.
Share 49ersWebzone