LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Niners will follow the ravens and giants SB seasons

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Flacco and Eli cost us 2 Super Bowls. Kaep is nowhere near their level. If he doesn't heat up soon,say bye-bye to the season and Coach will be watching film of draft eligible quarterbacks in the upcoming draft.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
you know what if kap was kinda just playing so-so then i would say alright, with crabcakes back we might turn it on. but he is playing god awful. i don't give a s**t HOW bad our receivers are. there are teams with worse WR's and worse offensive lines in the league that are getting better production out of their qb.

things kap doesn't do:

1. comeback routes
2. throwing it up to covered WR to let the wr make a play
3. part of #2, because of that we don't get many PI calls against the D
4. throw short with any touch
5. throw WR's open

it's just baffling. i don't know WHAT the f**k happened to him after week 1 but it has been brutal. and i'm not saying this just because of yesterday (although that was an all-time low)

1. comeback routes

Comeback routes are the receivers responsibility. They need to break off and comeback to the ball. The problem here is that a lot of the times the receivers are nowhere near where they would need to be in order to come back. This is because our offensive scheme is based around decoy routes to get one or two reads open. This is a collective problem between scheme and player ability

Other than Boldin, which of our receivers have ever fought for a reception? Maybe Baldwin in KC but he is never on the field.

4. throw short with any touch.

He definitely needs to improve on this. I will still add that the coaching staff needs to get more quick slants, RB passes and screens in to get him some reps. When Harbaugh was asked why they never use these types of plays to counter the pass rush his response was "that's a good point". To me that is the coach admitting some blame.

5. throw WR's open

I don't know that I agree with this completely either. He has done this several times with Crab, Boldin and Davis. He probably does not trust the other receivers enough to do that. I think this goes both on him and the receivers.

I think the problem with this offense is not all on Kap. Just like I didn't think it was all on Smith when the pass game struggled. It's a very conservative and basic passing offense and the blame should go all around.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Nov 11, 2013 at 6:53 PM ]
I'm with you guys.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
if we get lucky we can beat five teams with losing records on our schedule, then lose two to teams with winning records, be lucky you get a wild card berth on the road and maybe maybe have a chance to beat a nfc east team. at this point in time i would be thrilled by this. can we stop this super bowl talk.. we are in a battle just to make the playoffs. you would think these three terrible losses where the same things keep happening would make you see we can no longer assume we are in the playoffs. every game is key.
I just seriously cant believe anyone is still talking super bowls at this point. Without frank Gore, this offense is the worst in the league. It has gotten worse throughout the season, not better, and a lot of the problems go back for several seasons and have not been corrected. Think about that for a second, let it sink in, then stop talking about super bowls.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
you know what if kap was kinda just playing so-so then i would say alright, with crabcakes back we might turn it on. but he is playing god awful. i don't give a s**t HOW bad our receivers are. there are teams with worse WR's and worse offensive lines in the league that are getting better production out of their qb.

things kap doesn't do:

1. comeback routes
3. part of #2, because of that we don't get many PI calls against the D
4. throw short with any touch
5. throw WR's open

it's just baffling. i don't know WHAT the f**k happened to him after week 1 but it has been brutal. and i'm not saying this just because of yesterday (although that was an all-time low)

Agree Kaepernick hasn't been playing good, but our play calling has to change. You can't go 3 & 4 wide with 2 or 3 of those being RB, FB & TE. We have no speed for guys even get to open spot or we call deep routes which take too long to develop before Kaepernick is pressured. It is a combination which has to change or we will be sitting at home come playoff time.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
1. comeback routes

Comeback routes are the receivers responsibility. They need to break off and comeback to the ball. The problem here is that a lot of the times the receivers are nowhere near where they would need to be in order to come back. This is because our offensive scheme is based around decoy routes to get one or two reads open. This is a collective problem between scheme and player ability

Other than Boldin, which of our receivers have ever fought for a reception? Maybe Baldwin in KC but he is never on the field.

4. throw short with any touch.

He definitely needs to improve on this. I will still add that the coaching staff needs to get more quick slants, RB passes and screens in to get him some reps. When Harbaugh was asked why they never use these types of plays to counter the pass rush his response was "that's a good point". To me that is the coach admitting some blame.

5. throw WR's open

I don't know that I agree with this completely either. He has done this several times with Crab, Boldin and Davis. He probably does not trust the other receivers enough to do that. I think this goes both on him and the receivers.

I think the problem with this offense is not all on Kap. Just like I didn't think it was all on Smith when the pass game struggled. It's a very conservative and basic passing offense and the blame should go all around.

i agree with all of this
The result of colins regression is not wins, losses, or stats... It's much deeper than that. From this point forward, he no longer has the trust of most assuredly the fan base and I'm betting some of his teammates.

Even if he plays we'll, we will all be waiting for the other shoe to drop and for him to show us his lack of elite talent. I hate that for him, because since I was a kid I have not had a bigger fan crush on a player for this team. So frustrating, but he has to play consistently and push this team to the next level. Great quarterbacks DO work with what they have and can make others better . If he can't donit, we will probably be drafting a quarterback this year.
difference is all those teams mentions on OP....they had QB's that could actually throw the ball and gain yards instead of regressing....no SB this year for the niners until they learn to pass to receivers not named Davis or Boldin....WR is a glaring need, but if the coaches are too p***y to develop players or give them shots then they'll never get out of this rut.....

p***y passing game is niner ball at the moment
Flacco wasn't a good qb until last years playoffs. Horrid road qb and good at home. Also Eli wasn't quite elite until his second SB so.......no they were not good qbs until playoffs really

I know this doesn't jive with the unending whining of some people around here but...

Dang straight we can win the Superbowl.
Originally posted by crabman82:
those teams won their division

Giants and packers were 6th seed
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Flacco and Eli cost us 2 Super Bowls. Kaep is nowhere near their level. If he doesn't heat up soon,say bye-bye to the season and Coach will be watching film of draft eligible quarterbacks in the upcoming draft.

Both QBs have been 10x worse than Kap this year. Flacco and Eli are veterans with tons of experience, yet even they have had struggles thanks to injuries to key players, o-line issues, and changing parts.

Kap has been mostly efficient this year without having to do much through the air. He was great against GB, good in the other wins. But the problem is he has been absolutely brutal in the 3 losses.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by crabman82:
those teams won their division

Giants and packers were 6th seed

the giants won their division and had a home playoff game vs the falcons. 6th seeds dont get home playoff games. this thread mentions nothing about the packers, it says the ravens.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Eli Manning wasn't the reason why the Giants won that NFCCG.
Share 49ersWebzone