LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Niners will follow the ravens and giants SB seasons

Shop Find 49ers gear online
People are worried about the Niners mainly on offense and that Seattle will win the division which are both justified reactions. However, if you look at the past years teams like gb and New Orleans and Denver were the best teams going into the playoffs and they all got beaten by great defenses and above average offenses. The giants got healthy at the right time and so did the ravens.....see Lewis Suggs and company. So, we may have the fifth spot and go to Dallas then New Orleans then Seattle but just remember we will have Crabtree at the right time and by then mario should be on the same page as kaep and Crabtree already is sick with kaep. Our whole offense will change. So as long as we roll into the playoffs, with our top rated defense and running game, as well as Vernon crab boldin Mario our passing game will be at the very least solid to good and that will definitely be enough to beat any team.

Do you agree with this recent pattern? Seattle will be tough in Seattle but as you all saw our defense can definitely handle their offense even with giving lunch 120 or so yards and with seattles horrid run defense, we should be good to go.
Was thinking the same thing today at work. Looking at the wild card matchups & who would be the best team for us to face on the road.
LOL no. I cant think of an offense this bad that has ever gone to the super bowl let alone win it.

2002/2003 bucs are as close as i can remember in recent years, and that offense looked like the greatest show on turf compared to our current offense. And our defense is not on that level, they are good, but not the 2002/2003 bucs.

No way in hell this team even wins a playoff game unless they dramatically improve offensive production.

Our high scoring games were an anomaly based on playing bad teams, Frank Gore, and defense.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
LOL no. I cant think of an offense this bad that has ever gone to the super bowl let alone win it.

2002/2003 bucs are as close as i can remember in recent years, and that offense looked like the greatest show on turf compared to our current offense. And our defense is not on that level, they are good, but not the 2002/2003 bucs.

No way in hell this team even wins a playoff game unless they dramatically improve offensive production.

Our high scoring games were an anomaly based on playing bad teams, Frank Gore, and defense.

Have to agree. We've seen this defense in the playoffs twice now and I don't remember a game where they held the opponent to under twenty. For as good as they are, the offense will need to produce and I am just not confident they can change it over the next six games.
Not even with Crabtree????? That is just foolish to believe. He turned around our passing game last year so I'm sure he can do some of the same. If Crabtree takes the number one cb, that means boldin and Mario get second and third CBS and they both will be able to beat those defender, no more double coverage for boldin and if they don't double Crabtree and double vd instead, all three of our Wrs will be beating coverage consistently. That means our passing game will improve on that alone.

Keep in mind we have the best running game in the nfl
The offense will improve as Crabs, Manningham get back into action. It's been proven time and time again being a wild card isn't the end of the world. You got to take care of your business first but we can shut just about any team down and run the ball on just about anyone. I like our chances.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The offense will improve as Crabs, Manningham get back into action. It's been proven time and time again being a wild card isn't the end of the world. You got to take care of your business first but we can shut just about any team down and run the ball on just about anyone. I like our chances.

We still have the same QB. Doubt that happens....

*I keed, I keed*

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Have to agree. We've seen this defense in the playoffs twice now and I don't remember a game where they held the opponent to under twenty. For as good as they are, the offense will need to produce and I am just not confident they can change it over the next six games.

5 turnovers against the Saints, shut down GB, NYG, played one bad half against Atl. Really the only game that was a fail was the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Not even with Crabtree????? That is just foolish to believe. He turned around our passing game last year so I'm sure he can do some of the same. If Crabtree takes the number one cb, that means boldin and Mario get second and third CBS and they both will be able to beat those defender, no more double coverage for boldin and if they don't double Crabtree and double vd instead, all three of our Wrs will be beating coverage consistently. That means our passing game will improve on that alone.

Keep in mind we have the best running game in the nfl

I really hope Crabtree can have an impact on games but I don't know that he will coming off an injury like his.

I hope he can, and if he does, I think you could be right. For what it is worth, Manningham looked pretty good I'm his return, so that is a plus.

Potentially we could get a mixture of Crab, Davis, Boldin, Manningham and then implement some screens to Gore, Hunter, and James I think this offense could be lethal. I am just very down on Roman right now and don't have confidence he will use them all like he should.

The other factor is that Kap needs to step up. He's not playing well this year and I know it's not all his fault, but it is all going to start with him being able to find all his receivers.

Not with this QB they won't.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

5 turnovers against the Saints, shut down GB, NYG, played one bad half against Atl. Really the only game that was a fail was the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying the defense is not good. I'm saying that even for as good as they are, good teams are going to score a lot in the playoffs. The niners have probably had the best defense in the playoffs the past two years, and they still got scored on. It's just the way the game is now.

I just mean that I don't have much faith in the offense scoring enough. Between the Seahawks and Panthers, those are two potential playoff teams who completely made the niner offense look pathetic. The defense would need to pitch shut outs the whole way through the playoffs.
you know what if kap was kinda just playing so-so then i would say alright, with crabcakes back we might turn it on. but he is playing god awful. i don't give a s**t HOW bad our receivers are. there are teams with worse WR's and worse offensive lines in the league that are getting better production out of their qb.

things kap doesn't do:

1. comeback routes
2. throwing it up to covered WR to let the wr make a play
3. part of #2, because of that we don't get many PI calls against the D
4. throw short with any touch
5. throw WR's open

it's just baffling. i don't know WHAT the f**k happened to him after week 1 but it has been brutal. and i'm not saying this just because of yesterday (although that was an all-time low)
I'm not saying the defense is not good. I'm saying that even for as good as they are, good teams are going to score a lot in the playoffs. The niners have probably had the best defense in the playoffs the past two years, and they still got scored on. It's just the way the game is now.

I just mean that I don't have much faith in the offense scoring enough. Between the Seahawks and Panthers, those are two potential playoff teams who completely made the niner offense look pathetic. The defense would need to pitch shut outs the whole way through the playoffs.

It's a give and take though. Most of those high powered offenses will turn the ball over come playoff time and gift wrap you easy scores. Giants, Ravens heck even the Packers had a top 5 defense when they won it all.

No doubt the passing attack will have to improve but Kap's reliant on playmakers and our guys just aren't there right now. 2/3 losses no Vernon Davis as well as missing Crabtree.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 11, 2013 at 6:32 PM ]
those teams won their division
Share 49ersWebzone